Sprites Small Suggestion Saturday: The Adventurer's Whip!

Yes?

• Yes!

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • Meh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Change Dis: __________

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Huzbubber Tim

Ice Queen
(Note: You may not use my suggestion in any mods, as I am currently in the process of making a mod of my own that is implementing most of my suggestions. Thank you for understanding!)
(Sprites coming soon once I finish some stuff. Also, Im trying out some new formatting for my suggestions, so that's cool.)

So, Doctor Bones is a cool enemy that drops a fun vanity item, but I kinda wish he had something else useful to go along with his hat. So, I introduce to you: The Adventurer's Whip!

<Sprite>
Tool
Reach: 22 Tiles
Velocity: 13
Hooks: 1
Latching: Single
100% drop chance from Doctor Bones
Sell Price: 50
Silver_Coin.png

This grapples like a normal hook, except the player can swing on it. Pressing right or left will give the player a swing boost in that direction, and pressing up or down changes the player's position on the hook.

Thanks for reading my suggestion! Let me know what you think in the comments!

Last edited:
Finally I can be Indiyello Jones
Lemme see, a whip that goes for 22 tiles and can only hit once (?) and you can also use it for swinging?
Wynaut?

I love this! Fun idea with a great Indiana Jones reference (which builds on an existing reference and isn't blatant enough to warrant a copyright issue)! I could see it working similarly to the swing grapple mechanics in Overhaul.

The tooltip could use some work though, it seems a bit clunky. Maybe something like this?
Use movement keys to swing while grappling.

Last edited:
I love this! Fun idea with a great Indiana Jones reference (which builds on an existing reference and isn't blatant enough to warrant a copyright issue)! I could see it working similarly to the swing grapple mechanics in Overhaul.

The tooltip could use some work though, it seems a bit clunky. Maybe something like this?
Use movement keys to swing while grappling.
I think it's meant to inform us about the suggestion, he's not suggesting that be the actual tooltip.

Should be added, no reason to completely delete the Otherworld hook mechanics!
To compensate for this tho, dr bones spawn rate should go up maybe 10% (I’m serious I have never seen him once, still don’t have that stupid hat for my vanity collection)

Back
Top Bottom