Sprites Small Suggestion Saturday: The Beach Bomber!

Want it?

• Yees

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • Hmm

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chaange dis: _____

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Noo

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

Huzbubber Tim

Ice Queen
(Note: You may not use my suggestion in any mods, as I am currently in the process of making a mod of my own that is implementing most of my suggestions. Thank you for understanding!)
(Trivia: This idea was actually inspired by a sprite I made for a competition.)

So, Beach Balls are fun to bop around and play with, and you can use them in many fun games. However, I've always wished that there was some sort of way to use them in combat. So, I introduce to you: the Beach Bomber!

Beach Bomber.png

The Beach Bomber is a new hardmode weapon crafted with 1 Beach Ball, 10 Adamantite/Titanium Bars, and 10 Souls of Might at a hardmode anvil. When used, it launches a Beach Bomb (an exploding beach ball) that bounces off of enemies and walls for 5 seconds before exploding. If the Beach Bomb bounces on an enemy it does 50 ranged damage, and the explosion deals 70 damage. Only 3 Beach Bombs can be active at a time, but the weapon requires no ammunition, so it can be a valuable tool for rangers.

Thanks for reading my suggestion! Let me know what you think in the comments!

Last edited:
I feel with it not consuming ammo it might be to over powered
Whether a weapon is overpowered or not is based on how effective it is in combat, and has nothing to do with whether it consumes ammo or not. If you look at the ranged weapons currently in the game that do not use ammo, you'll find that NONE of them are overpowered. (Paintball Gun, Harpoon, Toxikarp, Piranha Gun, gun/bow with endless musket pouch/quiver)

This is an example of a weapon that would be much, much less appealing if it required ammo. I'm glad that Huzbubber Tim didn't write it that way. (What would it even use? Explosive Beach Balls? Crafted with Explosive Powder and a Beach Ball? Aren't Beach Balls non-stackable??)

"Who's ready for a game of EXTREME VOLLEYBALL?!" *Pulls out massive beach ball launcher*
This is pretty great. It'd be neat if players could bump this thing's projectiles around, too. Not sure if that'd get in the way of combat in multiplayer, but I want my Volleyball of Death.

I like it! Just a few questions...
  1. Does the explosion stack with the ranged damage meaning it does 130 damage assuming no critical chance?
  2. What's the velocity of the beach balls it shoots? Recommendation is that it shoots double the speed you throw a beach ball (the item). Velocity would be 12 (about the speed of a Processed Hatchet)
  3. Your suggestions would be perfect if you would set them up in a table like this.
Beach Ball​
  • Beach_Ball.png
Stack_digit_1.png

Statistics
Type ConsumableLoot
Use time 19 Very Fast
Velocity 6
Rarity
Buy / Sell 20 
Copper_Coin.png
12px-Desktop_only.png
13px-Console_only.png
/ 4 
Copper_Coin.png

Well, this isn't a table but kinda like how everything is put on the Terraria forums

Anyway, I love your suggestions and keep up the good work! Remember to set up stuff like knock back, velocity, critical strike chance, and etc...​

I like it! Just a few questions...
  1. Does the explosion stack with the ranged damage meaning it does 130 damage assuming no critical chance?
  2. What's the velocity of the beach balls it shoots? Recommendation is that it shoots double the speed you throw a beach ball (the item). Velocity would be 12 (about the speed of a Processed Hatchet)
  3. Your suggestions would be perfect if you would set them up in a table like this.
Beach Ball​
  • Beach_Ball.png
Stack_digit_1.png

Statistics
Type ConsumableLoot
Use time 19 Very Fast
Velocity 6
Rarity
Buy / Sell 20 
Copper_Coin.png
12px-Desktop_only.png
13px-Console_only.png
/ 4 
Copper_Coin.png

Well, this isn't a table but kinda like how everything is put on the Terraria forums

Anyway, I love your suggestions and keep up the good work! Remember to set up stuff like knock back, velocity, critical strike chance, and etc...​
Thanks for the tip!

(Trivia: This idea was actually inspired by a sprite I made for a competition.)

So, Beach Balls are fun to bop around and play with, and you can use them in many fun games. However, I've always wished that there was some sort of way to use them in comvat. So, I introduce to you: the Beach Bomber!

View attachment 212945 (View attachment 212944 Palate if you're interested.)

The Beach Bomber is a new hardmode weapon crafted with 1 Beach Ball, 10 Adamantite/Titanium Bars, and 10 Souls of Might at a hardmode anvil. When used, it launches a Beach Bomb (an exploding beach ball) that bounces off of enemies and walls for 5 seconds before exploding. If the Beach Bomb bounces on an enemy it does 50 ranged damage, and the explosion deals 70 damage. Only 3 Beach Bombs can be active at a time, but the weapon requires no ammunition, so it can be a valuable tool for rangers.

Thanks for reading my suggestion! Let me know what you think in the comments!
I want this. Right now.

Back
Top Bottom