Sprites Small Suggestion Saturday: The Cogstorm!

Hecc ye?

• O Hecc ye!

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Heccin maybe

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Needs heccin work (Specify please)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Heccin no

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

Huzbubber Tim

Ice Queen
(Note: You may not use my suggestion in any mods, as I am currently in the process of making a mod of my own that is implementing most of my suggestions. Thank you for understanding!)
So, I love the steampunker, but I wish that had some sort of weapons n to go along with them. So, I introduce to you: The Cogstorm!

Cogstorm.png

The Cogstorm is crafted with 20 cogs, 3 souls of night, 3 souls of light, and 1 spell tome. When used, a burst of 10-12 gears will shoot out of the tome, dissipating at the edge of the screen. Bursts are fired every 2 seconds. When a cog hits an enemy, it will stick in it for 5 seconds, inflicting the Penetrated debuff. The cogs themselves do 42 damage, and using the weapon costs 8 mana.

Thanks for reading my suggestion! Let me know what you think in the comments!

Last edited:
Reserved spot. Yeah, the Steampunker here `:D has no other use except for her teleporters and her extremely useful Clentaminator. What if the cogs also attach to blocks and act as a mine that does the exact same thing when enemies hit them?

So it's more of a gem staff equivalent of use time? Fair enough. I agree that the steampunker needs more uses, but i'm not certain if a steampunk weapon should be magic in nature. Maybe make this a ranged/throwing weapon and have cogs as ammo? It just seems to make sense.

Spell book casting cogs (or whatever), from Steampunker? Man, no, it doesn't fit, really. Ranged or thrown, can imagine melee even, but not a spell. And yeah, I agree Steampunker could be used as a nice weapon "checkpoint" for some surely-available weapons after any (convenient for the player) mechanical boss is killed; to get weapon for the class you need (except Mage, please ;p ).

Edit: Duh, sorry AgentNoName101. What he said, practically.

So it's more of a gem staff equivalent of use time? Fair enough. I agree that the steampunker needs more uses, but i'm not certain if a steampunk weapon should be magic in nature. Maybe make this a ranged/throwing weapon and have cogs as ammo? It just seems to make sense.
Spell book casting cogs (or whatever), from Steampunker? Man, no, it doesn't fit, really. Ranged or thrown, can imagine melee even, but not a spell. And yeah, I agree Steampunker could be used as a nice weapon "checkpoint" for some surely-available weapons after any (convenient for the player) mechanical boss is killed; to get weapon for the class you need (except Mage, please ;p ).

Edit: Duh, sorry AgentNoName101. What he said, practically.
I might try expanding more on steampunk weapons in a later suggestion, so I'll keep that in mind.

Back
Top Bottom