Sprites Small Suggestion Saturday: The Doubbow!

Do you like the Doubbow?

• Yes!! I love it!

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • It's okay, I might use it.

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Neutral.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Could use some work (please specify.)

• No. The sun is a deadly laser.

• Total voters

Huzbubber Tim

Ice Queen
(Note: You may not use my suggestion in any mods, as I am currently in the process of making a mod of my own that is implementing most of my suggestions. Thank you for understanding!)
Before I start, imma add the sprites tag to all my suggestions with sprites.

So, I love spelunking around in caves, but there is just one thing that I would like added. In the golden chests found there, there are a ton of accessories in them, but no weapons (besides the flare gun, which doesn't do much). Since there aren't any special weapons found there, I propose anew now that could be found d in them: the Doubbow!

WOW THAT SPRITE WAS BIG SUCK NEW ONE COMING SOON
IMG_1585.PNG

The Doubbow is found in golden chests in the cavern layers. It generates slightly less often than flare guns. Its name is a combination of the words 'double' and 'bow'. (I'll explain why later.

The Doubbow does 7 damage to enemies. When it is fired, it shoots two arrows at once (similarly to the Tsunami) at the cost of one. This bow would be useful to early players, as it allows them to do decent damage to enemies, along with using less arrows to do more damage. This would also add more variety in cavern chests.

Thank you for reading my suggestion! Please let me know what you think in the comments! Also, this is part of my Small Suggestion Saturday series, so be sure to watch for more!

Last edited:
You've forgotten the Enchanted Boomerang, Snowball Cannon, Ice Sword, and Ice boomerang.

Regardless, I don't see this weapon as unique enough from a golden bow to warrant being found in the same general area; in fact, the damage would like average out to about the same, except with 2 projectiles to land every shot it's easier to miss. The idea of a multi-shot bow is also too interesting to waste on very early game, I would suggest sliding it up to mid pre-hardmode and giving it some more unique properties.

Before I start, imma add the sprites tag to all my suggestions with sprites.

So, I love spelunking around in caves, but there is just one thing that I would like added. In the golden chests found there, there are a ton of accessories in them, but no weapons (besides the flare gun, which doesn't do much). Since there aren't any special weapons found there, I propose anew now that could be found d in them: the Doubbow!

WOW THAT SPRITE WAS BIG SUCK NEW ONE COMING SOON

The Doubbow is found in golden chests in the cavern layers. It generates slightly less often than flare guns. Its name is a combination of the words 'double' and 'bow'. (I'll explain why later.

The Doubbow does 7 damage to enemies. When it is fired, it shoots two arrows at once (similarly to the Tsunami) at the cost of one. This bow would be useful to early players, as it allows them to do decent damage to enemies, along with using less arrows to do more damage. This would also add more variety in cavern chests.

Thank you for reading my suggestion! Please let me know what you think in the comments! Also, this is part of my Small Suggestion Saturday series, so be sure to watch for more!
It seems kinda... Bland. If I were to add something to chest cavern loot, it would have something that had a new game mechanic that would make me want to use it till post skeleton or post EoW/BoC. The name seems to be bland as well... I have an idea that could be potential.
Maybe the bow should transform normal arrows into drill arrows (Only comes from bow). I made a respite of the bone arrow kinda quick.

Drill Arrow
Bone_Arrow.gif

Damage 3
Knockback 0 (No Knockback)
Velocity

What the drill arrows do is they are like normal arrows besides the three features that make them unique.

1. It ignores armor and also pierces up to 5 hits.
  2. When they hit an opponent, they slow down their current speed by half allowing for more piercing to take place.
  3. When colliding with a block, it will travel through the block while turning (if needed to reach its target) and going towards the nearest enemy traveling double speed in blocks. It will take wide turns (about 2 block radius). When it travels to the enemy and goes out of the blocks, it returns to normal velocity if just shot from that direction

Of course, this is just a suggestion that might make this bow worth picking up. Anyway, I like the concept of shooting two arrows but I guess it was to bland for my taste so I added seasoning.

Back
Top Bottom