Sprites Small Suggestion Saturday: The Fogthrower!

Want the Fogthrower?

• Nyes!

Votes: 13 86.7%
  • Meh!

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Needs Work! (Specify Please)

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Nyo!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Huzbubber Tim

Ice Queen
(Note: You may not use my suggestion in any mods, as I am currently in the process of making a mod of my own that is implementing most of my suggestions. Thank you for understanding!)
So, everyone knows Frost Cores, the unique crafting materials dropped by Ice Golems. However, I have noticed that they only have one use, which is to make Frost Armor. To solve this, I have come up with an idea for a unique weapon that I call the Fogthrower!

Frostthrower.png

The Fogthrower is crafted with 1 Frost Core and 10 Adamantite/Titanium bars at a Mythril/Oricalcium Anvil. It does 25 magic damage and uses 10 mana every second. When used, it creates a small cloud of fog on the ground at the cursor that gets longer the player uses the Fogthrower. The cloud can get to be up to 30 blocks in each direction unless there is a change in height, and the clouds can last up to 5 seconds while the Fogthrower is not being used. The cloud also inflicts Frostburn for 5 seconds.

Thanks for reading my suggestion! Let me know what you think in the comments!

Last edited:
I'm saying will it only make one cloud or more?
[doublepost=1539464968,1539464592][/doublepost]Also will the Fogthrower be affected by mana sickness, like you start with full mana with no sickness then you run out and your mana flower activates with auto mana potion and you now have mana sickness, will the damage of the cloud decrease while using it or would it be like a summon and retain all of its original damage?

I'm saying will it only make one cloud or more?
[doublepost=1539464968,1539464592][/doublepost]Also will the Fogthrower be affected by mana sickness, like you start with full mana with no sickness then you run out and your mana flower activates with auto mana potion and you now have mana sickness, will the damage of the cloud decrease while using it or would it be like a summon and retain all of its original damage?
It would create multiple cloud particles the longer it gets, yes. As for mana sickness, I guess it could affect the cloud as a whole

Knockback? cuz I see this as a way to stun lock now.
[doublepost=1539465785,1539465691][/doublepost]Crafted at what? Anvil? Forge? What?
Rarity?

Also will the Fogthrower be affected by mana sickness, like you start with full mana with no sickness then you run out and your mana flower activates with auto mana potion and you now have mana sickness, will the damage of the cloud decrease while using it or would it be like a summon and retain all of its original damage?
I’ve tested this, and I found that the damage of a projectile is tied only to the bonuses you have at the time the projectile is created. For instance, you can fire off a bunch of nebula arcana, switch to the Spectre Hood, and the arcana will deal the original amount of damage while healing you for large chunks of health.

I’ve tested this, and I found that the damage of a projectile is tied only to the bonuses you have at the time the projectile is created. For instance, you can fire off a bunch of nebula arcana, switch to the Spectre Hood, and the arcana will deal the original amount of damage while healing you for large chunks of health.
Okay thanks!

So it can't get knockback then best modifier would be Demonic or Mystic.
Also Critical chance? Price? Would it inflict debuffs? Would it require to "charge" like the Charged Blaster Cannon?
I think you’d typically stick to the defaults, so that would mean 4% critical and no special debuffs. And if the question is whether it should share its main mechanic with the Charged Blaster Cannon, the worst endgame magical weapon in the game, the answer would probably be no.

It’s not necessary to ask such detailed questions on every equipment suggestion thread. The basic concept and projectile behaviour are good enough.

I think you’d typically stick to the defaults, so that would mean 4% critical and no special debuffs. And if the question is whether it should share its main mechanic with the Charged Blaster Cannon, the worst endgame magical weapon in the game, the answer would probably be no.

It’s not necessary to ask such detailed questions on every equipment suggestion thread. The basic concept and projectile behaviour are good enough.
View attachment 211433
"Oh, fair maiden, why is it that you weep?"

Would it cause frostburn? If not maybe it could apply some other debuff. Maybe poison or venom?
Did you not see their post Ilmarinen?

Back
Top Bottom