Sprites Small Suggestion Saturday: The Granite Clubsword!

Does the Granite Cave need more stuff?

• Ya

Votes: 18 81.8%
  • Meh

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Nah

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Huzbubber Tim

Ice Queen
(Note: You may not use my suggestion in any mods, as I am currently in the process of making a mod of my own that is implementing most of my suggestions. Thank you for understanding!)
So, as we all know, there are two unique underground mini-biomes: marble caves and granite caves. However, I have noticed that the granite cave is very lacking in items, and doesn’t even have its own weapon. Now, I propose a solution to that: the Granite Clubsword!

Granite Clubsword.png

The Granite Clubsword is a slow broadsword that has a 10% chance of being dropped by Granite Golems. It does 22 damage and has a knockback level of 10, allowing it to be a useful weapon early game for keeping enemies away from the player

Anyways, thanks for reading today’s small suggestion! Let me know what you think in the comments!

Last edited:
I really like this idea! If you need support, I will be happy to give it!
Why don’t you make a set of tools and weapons and even a set of armor made out of granite?

Hello Electroman,

As a tip, if you have more content to add to your post and other members haven't posted yet, it is best to use the edit button at the bottom left of your post rather than replying again. After another member has posted after your last post, it's fine to post again normally.

The "10 percent chance to reduce enemy defense by 2" part would probably add an unnecessary additional debuff that's only inflicted by a single weapon, so I'd suggest giving it something different.

seems a little underpowered to me. Maybe raise the drop chance?
Drop chance doesn't affect balance; making an overpowered item rarer just means people need to grind for longer, and making an underpowered item more common just means people get more stuff that they're not going to use. So if something is underpowered, it should be buffed (or moved to a lower tier, but that's not an option here).

Now, I didn't really take a look at how balanced this item is, but I'm thinking one way to address both of these would be to instead give the sword really high knockback. In the early game, where fewer enemies are knockback-resistant, that could actually be useful.

The "10 percent chance to reduce enemy defense by 2" part would probably add an unnecessary additional debuff that's only inflicted by a single weapon, so I'd suggest giving it something different.

Drop chance doesn't affect balance; making an overpowered item rarer just means people need to grind for longer, and making an underpowered item more common just means people get more stuff that they're not going to use. So if something is underpowered, it should be buffed (or moved to a lower tier, but that's not an option here).

Now, I didn't really take a look at how balanced this item is, but I'm thinking one way to address both of these would be to instead give the sword really high knockback. In the early game, where fewer enemies are knockback-resistant, that could actually be useful.
Ok, I added a knockback level of 7. As for the defense reduction, I changed it so that it ignores 2 enemy defense, since I think it would definitely make this a unique weapon.

ignores 2 enemy defense
...which literally means that it just deals one additional point of damage. Except maybe against other players in PvP in an Expert mode world, in which case it's either one or two points, but then again, I highly doubt this weapon would be used in PvP anyways - swords aren't that great when your enemy has ranged attacks.
Honestly though, not every weapon needs to have some super-special effect - this weapon's shtick could be its high knockback.

...which literally means that it just deals one additional point of damage. Except maybe against other players in PvP in an Expert mode world, in which case it's either one or two points, but then again, I highly doubt this weapon would be used in PvP anyways - swords aren't that great when your enemy has ranged attacks.
Honestly though, not every weapon needs to have some super-special effect - this weapon's shtick could be its high knockback.
True. I'll figure something out for this. Thanks for the feedback though!

I might have an idea for the special effect of what this sword does. How about it inflicts a debuff like this:

Granitainted! (Name could use work, maybe Felsicated based on it's classification as a rock?)

The sword would inflict this debuff for 5 seconds. When the enemy is struck, their defense is reduced by 2. However, when an enemy already has the debuff and is struck again, the debuff duration is increased by 3 seconds and defense is further reduced by 2, which will increase with every strike as long as the debuff doesn't wear out. The total amount of defense lowered will cap at 20 and the debuff duration will cap out at 15 seconds.

This is just an idea though, I can see that this won't benefit the weapon much as an average enemy would be defeated by the time their defense is lowered by 20, but I feel this is a step in the right direction. Thoughts?

Also, the sprite is really nice. Great work!

I might have an idea for the special effect of what this sword does. How about it inflicts a debuff like this:

Granitainted! (Name could use work, maybe Felsicated based on it's classification as a rock?)

The sword would inflict this debuff for 5 seconds. When the enemy is struck, their defense is reduced by 2. However, when an enemy already has the debuff and is struck again, the debuff duration is increased by 3 seconds and defense is further reduced by 2, which will increase with every strike as long as the debuff doesn't wear out. The total amount of defense lowered will cap at 20 and the debuff duration will cap out at 15 seconds.

This is just an idea though, I can see that this won't benefit the weapon much as an average enemy would be defeated by the time their defense is lowered by 20, but I feel this is a step in the right direction. Thoughts?

Also, the sprite is really nice. Great work!
Actually, I really like that idea! I’ll see what I can do!

Back
Top Bottom