Sprites Small Suggestion Saturday: The Ostrich Mount!

Do YOU want an Ostrich Mount?

• Hecc yea!

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • Hecc maybe!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hecc no!

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Hecc yea if some improvements are made!

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters

Huzbubber Tim

Ice Queen
(Note: You may not use my suggestion in any mods, as I am currently in the process of making a mod of my own that is implementing most of my suggestions. Thank you for understanding!)
(I tried to make this the least Wall-of-Text I could, but it was kind of difficult. It’s still good though.)

So, we have a few mount in the game now, and they all have their unique ways of getting us around. However, I think that these could still be expanded in, so I introduce the Ostrich Mount!

DD3AB08A-D271-46BE-A6FB-EFE57367817A.png
9B87E6FF-2B32-4651-B1A3-8B37273DB860.png

The Ostrich is summoned with the giant egg (
B4741416-C920-4EB1-AE3A-01D8E4C1B5C4.png
) that has a 1/75 chance to drop from any surface desert enemy (still unsure about this, leave me some ideas in the comments.) When the player is riding the Ostrich, it will go at a maximum speed of 30 MPH, but can be affected by any speed-increasing accessories, making it useful for fast transport. When jumping, it will fly for about 20 blocks, but only about 5 off the ground, since Ostriches can’t actually fly. (Additionally, the Ostrich will stick its head in the ground when staying still for a long time.)

Thanks for reading this suggestion! Let me know what you think in the comments!

Last edited:
Nicely done, especially the sprites!

Seems pretty balanced for it's abilities. For an ostrich, it certainly can run like a mad man. (I assume this can be obtained pre-hardmode, correct?)

I really like this idea and fully support it. Though, maybe it should be a 1/100 drop chance, as that would slightly reduce the rick of players getting annoyed at having a bunch of excess Ostrich Eggs. Or at least round it to 1/75.

Back
Top Bottom