Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Needs work (Please specify.)

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Nice Reference

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters

Huzbubber Tim

Ice Queen
(Note: You may not use my suggestion in any mods, as I am currently in the process of making a mod of my own that is implementing most of my suggestions. Thank you for understanding!)
Heu Guys! I’m back with another Small Suggestion Saturday!

Today I will suggest a new unique weapon: The Slime Launcher!

A5C98143-FB82-4D28-A804-121771224F47.png
(Thanks @Melty for the base of this sprite!)

Original:
24CA27C9-DABF-41A2-AF22-0A612C122678.png

@Melty ‘s sprite:
0B0334C7-20DC-431A-840F-578C08C19367.png

The Slime Launcher makes use of the fact that Slimes are just about everywhere, and uses them as ammunition. This weapon is sold by the Cyborg for 40 gold. When shooting Slimes, each Slime has different damage and effects. All Slimes do ranged damage and the Launcher can’t be reforged.

To pick up a slime, you right click and hold. While holding, Slimes in a 10 block radius will be sucked toward the player and into the Slime Launcher until all the Slime Spaces are filled. You have 5 slime spaces in the Launcher, and each slime has a certain amount of slime spaces they take up. Slime Spaces count for all Slime Launchers in the inventory. Launching Slimes is the normal attack button. Slimes will die after shooting them, but drop nothing whatsoever. All Slimes follow an arched path when short, except in a few special cases.

-Green/Blue Slime: 1 Slime Space, 40 Damage, No Effects
-Statue-Spawned Slimes: 1 Slime Space, 36 Damage, No Effects
-Red/Purple Slime: 1 Slime Space, 42 Damage, No Effects
-Yellow/Black Slime 1 Slime Spot, 45 Damage, No Effects
-Spiked Slime: 1 Slime Space, 46 Damage, Releases 5 spikes that do 15 damage upon impact.
-Ice/Sand/Jungle Slime: 1 Slime Space, 48 Damage, Ice Slimes effect the hit enemy with frostburn for 3 seconds and Sand Slimes effect hit enemies with Mighty Wind for 5 seconds, Jungle Slimes effect enemy with poison for 4 seconds.
-Spiked Jungle/Ice Slime: 1 Slime Space, 50 Damage, Bothe shoot projectiles like the Spiked Slime on impact, but Jungle ones effect with poison for 2 seconds and Ice ones effect with Frostburn for 2 seconds.
-Baby Slime: 1 Slime Space, 38 Damage, No Effects.
-Mother Slime: 2 Slime Spaces, 45 Damage, splits into 3 Baby Slimes upon death that damage enemies that come into contact with them.
-Lava Slime: 1 Slime Space, 50 Damage, Sets enemies in dire for 4 seconds.
-Dungeon Slime: 2 Slime Spaces, 55 Damage, Launches a Golden Key up in the air in impact that falls back down and does 20 damage to enemies it touches.
-Pinky: 1 Slime Space, 45 Damage, Bounces around for 5 seconds and damages everything it touches, will despawn after hitting 5 enemies.
-Umbrella Slime: 2 Slime Spaces, 50 Damage, Makes a dripping trail of water behind it that does 20 damage.
-Toxic Sludge: 2 Slime Spaces, 60 Damage, Explodes into a bunch of sludge droplets on impact that effect Poison for 5 seconds.
-Corrupt/Crimslime: 2 Slime Spaces, 62 Damage, Effects enemies with Cursed Flames/Ichor respectively for 4 seconds.
-Slimeling: 1 Slime Space, 42 Damage, No effects.
-Slimer: 2 Slime Spaces, 62 Damage, Flies undisturbed until it hits an enemy or foes off screen.
-Gastropod: 2 Slime Spaces, 60 Damage, Floats in place and fires 10 lasers.
-Illuminant Slime: 1 Slime Space, 63 Damage, Explodes into 7 Crystal Shards that do 25 Damage.
-Rainbow Slime: 3 Slime Spaces, 70 Damage, Shoots 2 arched rainbows going right and left of the screen after impact that do 30 damage, rainbows last for 3 seconds.

Thanks for reading this Small Suggestion Saturday! Let me know what you think in the comments!

Last edited:
Don't think Gastropods should be able to be picked up, since they're not necessarily slimes. Otherwise seems like a fun little idea, so +1 from me

Don't think Gastropods should be able to be picked up, since they're not necessarily slimes. Otherwise seems like a fun little idea, so +1 from me
In the game they technically count as Slimes, and I just thought it would be cool to give them a unique ability. Thanks for the feedback though!

I like it! When I saw the name of the thread, I knew it was going to be awesome! I thing it’s pretty good, however...
093A22B1-0ED8-4C03-A0F1-9611A840D440.png

-What is the weapon itselfs base damage? Does it only rely on the ammunition’s damage (If so, there should probaley be more slime spaces.)?
-Slimes are a pretty dangerous threat depending on the area of the game you are in, and the fact you can just pick them up is overpowered in a way. The slime should be at least have only 1/4 of its hp left, then you can be able to catch it. Even if you need to go another step forward, you could make something similar to a upgraded bug net.
-This weapon can be overpowered just by using a slime statue and the slime launcher (if you consider adding base damage and a critical chance to the weapon). Maybe consider not being able to use slimes spawned by slime statue?
-Spiked Slime, what direction does each spike go in? Is it in random directions? Does the spikes behave the same way as a blue spiked slime attack?
-Sand Slime, what direction does mighty wind blow? Left or right?
-Dungeon Slime, the special ability is unique but not powerful and not worthy of 2 slime spaces. Maybe it could be like a golden key starts to hover, then shines really brightly, doing 20 damage to every entitie on screen.
-Gastropod, does the lasers pierce?

This weapon is amazing, just only thing really notable is there is no stats about the weapon itself. But everything else is astonishing and great!!!

[doublepost=1522207370,1522207264][/doublepost]When I just posted, I found out the reference. Too bad I haven’t played it yet...

I like it! When I saw the name of the thread, I knew it was going to be awesome! I thing it’s pretty good, however...
View attachment 196651

-What is the weapon itselfs base damage? Does it only rely on the ammunition’s damage (If so, there should probaley be more slime spaces.)?
-Slimes are a pretty dangerous threat depending on the area of the game you are in, and the fact you can just pick them up is overpowered in a way. The slime should be at least have only 1/4 of its hp left, then you can be able to catch it. Even if you need to go another step forward, you could make something similar to a upgraded bug net.
-This weapon can be overpowered just by using a slime statue and the slime launcher (if you consider adding base damage and a critical chance to the weapon). Maybe consider not being able to use slimes spawned by slime statue?
-Spiked Slime, what direction does each spike go in? Is it in random directions? Does the spikes behave the same way as a blue spiked slime attack?
-Dungeon Slime, the special ability is unique but not powerful and not worthy of 2 slime spaces. Maybe it could be like a golden key starts to hover, then shines really brightly, doing 20 damage to every entitie on screen.

This weapon is amazing, just only thing really notable is there is no stats about the weapon itself. But everything else is astonishing and great!!!

[doublepost=1522207370,1522207264][/doublepost]When I just posted, I found out the reference. Too bad I haven’t played it yet...

Thanks for all the feedback! I’ll just bullet my points the same way as yours so it’s easier to read.

-The Slime Launcher’s Base Damage relies on the slime type used, so now that you mention it, I’ll add a few more Slime Spaces to even it out.
-Ok, I see how this could work with reducing Slime HP, but I think I might make each slime have a different HP they can be picked up at.
-Since I’m not adding Base Damage and Crit Strike Chance, I think I might keep the statue-spawned Slimes, big they’ll do less damage.
-The Spikes behave the same way as the Spiked Slimes Do.
-All depends on which way the wind is blowing in game, since that’s what the Mighty Wind relies on, so you could either have the enemy blow away or blow right into your face. I thought that might be fun.
-I like that idea for the ability, but maybe it sends out a Golden shock wave that does that.
-No they do not pierce.

Thanks for all the feedback it really helps me out a lot! I’ll update my posit when I can.

One problem. How could you reduce green slime's HP with a weapon that one-shots it?
[doublepost=1522246006,1522245871][/doublepost]Buying it from Cyborg locks it post-plantera, when all slimes are already easy to kill.

One problem. How could you reduce green slime's HP with a weapon that one-shots it?
View attachment 196651

I got rid of the damaging Slimes to pick them up since most post-Plantera Weapons 1 shot Slimes.

Back
Top Bottom