Sprites Small Suggestion Saturday: The Solar Slapper!

Do you want the Solar Slapper?

• Yeah! Smack my enemies into oblivion!

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • Seems interesting.

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • NEUTRAL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Could use some work. (Please specify.)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. I slap you with my Slap Hand.

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters

Huzbubber Tim

Ice Queen
(Note: You may not use my suggestion in any mods, as I am currently in the process of making a mod of my own that is implementing most of my suggestions. Thank you for understanding!)
Hey everybody, I'm back with another small suggestion!

So, we all know the slap hand. That beautiful glove on a stick that flings our enemies into oblivion. Well, I personally love that item, but it doesn't get much use in the late game. I have come up for an endgame upgrade to this fantastic weapon: the Solar Slapper!

9ED4586B-892E-4B43-934B-0E3757269047.png

The solar slapper is a new melee weapon accessible after the solar pillar is defeated. It is crafted with 1 slap hand and 15 solar fragments. It does 80 damage and effects the enemy with the daybroken debuff. However, striking a Snow Flinx will only do 20 damage and will not give Daybroken, so you can fling them to your hearts content. It also has a knockback level of 22, making it a worthy upgrade. Tooltip: "Delivers a deadly solar smack."

Thank you for reading my suggestion! Please let me know what you think in the comments! Also, be sure to check out for more Small Suggestions on Saturdays!

Last edited:
So, I looked at the Knockback page on the wiki, and it said knockback is capped at sixteen. However, this cap only takes place after the enemy's knockback resistance is taken from that knockback. So if you have an enemy with 50% resist, it would do 11 knockback. If you had an enemy with 0% resist, it would only do sixteen. So really, the increased knockback only makes enemies with 0.27% or more knockback resist take any extra knockback from the slap hand. On enemies like the snow flinx, it would be just as effective.

Last edited:
Maybe instead of it being a weapon it could be a placeable item that knocks enemy's back the way they came a short distance. But it has a long cooldown, shared with all other solar slappers in the area. Once an enemy has been knocked back it is resistant to all other slap hands. since it is end-game and expensive i'd call it balanced. Anyway, nice suggestion.

Hey everybody, I'm back with another small suggestion!

So, we all know the slap hand. That beautiful glove on a stick that flings our enemies into oblivion. Well, I personally love that item, but it doesn't get much use in the late game. I, being myself, have come up for an endgame upgrade to this fantastic weapon: the Solar Slapper!

View attachment 200670

The solar slapper is a new melee weapon accessible after the solar pillar is defeated. It is crafted with 1 slap hand and 15 solar fragments. It does 80 damage and effects the enemy with the daybroken debuff. However, striking a Snow Flinx will only do 20 damage and will not give Daybroken, so you can fling them to your hearts content. It also has a knockback level of 22, making it a worthy upgrade. Tooltip: "Delivers a deadly solar smack."

Thank you for reading my suggestion! Please let me know what you think in the comments! Also, be sure to check out for more Small Suggestions on Saturdays!
no because this would make the pillar drops un-even.

Back
Top Bottom