Sprites Small Suggestion Saturday: Upgradeable Tavernkeep Sentries!

Ye?

• Ye?

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Meh

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Work on dis ___.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Huzbubber Tim

Ice Queen
(Note: You may not use my suggestion in any mods, as I am currently in the process of making a mod of my own that is implementing most of my suggestions. Thank you for understanding!)
So, we all know the Tavernkeep. That cool NPC that sells us unique gear for the special Old One’s Army event. But, have you ever noticed that you have to buy another new sentry summon after each tier? That goes through a LOT of Defender Medals. So, I introduce to you, the upgrade button!

The Tavernkeep would now have a fourth option in his menu labeled “Upgrade” Clicking this brings you to a menu similar to the Goblin Tinkerer’s reforge menu, but the hammer is replaced with an upwards arrow button (sprite pending). To upgrade your sentries, place them in the slot and click the Upgrade arrow. This will then consume a certain amount of Defender Medals and upgrade your sentry to the next tier (Rod-Cane = 20 Medals, Cane-Staff = 75 Medals.)

However, you are only able to upgrade your sentries after defeating the boss that unlocks the next tier. Attempting to upgrade before defeating them will kick you out of the upgrade menu and cause the Tavernkeep to say something. (Quotes: While at tier one trying to upgrade to tier 2: “Sorry, I can’t do that for you at the moment. Try taking down one of those mechanical menaces and I might have enough supplies!” While at tier two trying to upgrade to tier 3: “Sorry, I can’t do that for you right now. Try to kill the Golem and bring me back the materials!” After fully upgrading a sentry: “Sorry, that’s the best it can get!”) This way you can’t access overpowered sentries too early.

Thanks. For reading my suggestion! Let me know what you think in the comments!

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be easier to just make it so that if you sell an older sentry staff you get you medals back?
It would be nice if you could sell staffs back to get the medals, but I feel as if it would be convenient if you could just upgrade the ones you have.

Reactions: Bry
Maybe have shards like in DDII so you can equip them and that upgrades it with a special effect and you can take them off by right clicking.

Back
Top Bottom