Sprites Small Suggestion Sunday: Pet Rock!

Pet Rocks?

• Hecc yea!

Votes: 14 93.3%
  • Possibly!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Work on this! _______________

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • How about no!

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

Huzbubber Tim

Ice Queen
(Note: You may not use my suggestion in any mods, as I am currently in the process of making a mod of my own that is implementing most of my suggestions. Thank you for understanding!)
(Sprites are coming soon, just be patient.)

So, we have a bunch of fun pets, but one that I've always wanted to see implemented is a Pet Rock. So, I introduce to you, the Pet Rock!

Pet Rock.png

The Pet Rock is summoned with a Suspicious Looking Pebble (
Suspicious Looking Pebble.png
), which is purchased from the Skeleton Merchant for 5 gold while in the cavern layer. When equipped, the player will receive the Pet Rock buff
Pet Rock Buff.png
and the pet will be summoned. Pet Rock tooltip: "There’s a poorly drawn face with google eyes on it."
(Thanks @Terrarian_37 for the Buff sprite base!)

Thanks for reading my suggestion! Let me know what you think in the comments!

Last edited:
I don't know about this one, it seems a little rocky... :p

Just kidding, I actually really like this. I don't care too much about pets, but this would be one worth having.

images (2).jpeg
a date with the player that is.
So will the rock roll (tbh I actually thought I typed in rickroll) when moving horizontally and will its eyes also roll around when moving? How can a simple rock be so expensive? Why not 1 Stone and 2 lenses, eh?

View attachment 211100 a date with the player that is.
So will the rock roll (tbh I actually thought I typed in rickroll) when moving horizontally and will its eyes also roll around when moving? How can a simple rock be so expensive? Why not 1 Stone and 2 lenses, eh?
The rock will roll on the ground when you’re moving along, and the eyes could wiggle around too. As for the crafting, I do like that idea, but I feel as if it would give the Skeleton Merchant another unique use.

The Skeleton Merchant has enough uses already:
Yoyo merchandise and slapstick comedy (Slap Hand)

Ah ok, but wouldn't the money cost be a burden for a simple pet? (Except if the rock once belonged to Washington and it was an antique one)

Back
Top Bottom