Sprites Small Suggestion Sunday? The Marshmallow Gun!

Marshmallow Gun?

• O ya

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Meybe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Could be better (please explain)

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Naw

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Huzbubber Tim

Ice Queen
(Note: You may not use my suggestion in any mods, as I am currently in the process of making a mod of my own that is implementing most of my suggestions. Thank you for understanding!)
(Sorry about the inconsistency with Small Suggestion Saturday, I’ve been kinda busy lately.)

So, there’s marshmallows, those fun little foods you cook over campfires. But what if there was more you could do with them? I introduce to you, the Marshmallow Gun!

Marshmallow Gun.png

The Marshmallow Gun is a new pre-hardmode gun crafted with 15 Iron/Lead Bars, 1 Illegal Gun Part, and 30 of any type of wood at an anvil. It can use either Marshmallows, Marshmallows on a Stick, or Cooked Marshmallows as ammo, each of which having a different effect. When shot, the projectiles act like arrows, but they fly farther. It also has a base damage of 20.

Marshmallow | 10 Damage, no added effects.
Marshmallow on a Stick | 5 Damage, can pierce two enemies.
Cooked Marshmallow | 0 Damage, lights enemies on fire for 5 seconds.

When fired, marshmallows or any of their variants are not consumed, because if they were the weapon would be very expensive to use.

Thanks for reading my suggestion! Let me know what you think in the comments!

Last edited:
Seems pretty nice, but what is the firerate of the weapon? I can't tell how balanced it would be without the firerate. (Knockback would also be nice.)
Awesome idea, can't wait for the sprite!

I could make a sprite for it.
I've gotten better at sprite editing ever since I left, so I could edit some other Terraria sprite into what you're looking for. :pinky:
Thanks for the offer, but I already have the sprite going and it should be here tomorrow. Thanks though!

Seems pretty nice, but what is the firerate of the weapon? I can't tell how balanced it would be without the firerate. (Knockback would also be nice.)
Awesome idea, can't wait for the sprite!
I was thinking kinda slower, but I'll see.

Well, the sprite I made took, like, five minutes, so I guess your sprite would probably be better.
It was basically a reskin of the Confetti Gun and the front part of the Confetti Gun was kinda shaped like a marshmallow, so that's why I chose it.

Also, I like how you changed it to Small Suggestion Sunday since it's Sunday and not Saturday.

I like this idea! Something about shooting something like a marshmallow, one of the least threatening things you can think of, as a deadly projectile is just kinda charming to me. Support, definitely.

Though the only possible problem this could have is the stack size of some of the items needed. Cooked Marshmallows only stack to 30, and Marshmallows on Sticks don't stack at all, so inventory space could be a problem if you regularly used those items. (I could be wrong about this though.) But good suggestion regardless.

Is no one going to mention that Marshmallows cost 1 silver each? That makes this weapon as expensive to use as the Nail Gun. Also, Cooked Marshmallows are not a worthwhile ammunition type to use, because they take 10 seconds each to cook. It is arguably less efficient to collect Cooked Marshmallows than it is to collect Fallen Stars.

The concept is alright, but you really need to consider its practicality. Right now I don’t see any reason to use this over the Snowball Cannon.

Is no one going to mention that Marshmallows cost 1 silver each? That makes this weapon as expensive to use as the Nail Gun. Also, Cooked Marshmallows are not a worthwhile ammunition type to use, because they take 10 seconds each to cook. It is arguably less efficient to collect Cooked Marshmallows than it is to collect Fallen Stars.

The concept is alright, but you really need to consider its practicality. Right now I don’t see any reason to use this over the Snowball Cannon.
I see what you mean by how this could be an example endive item to use, but I mainly just created it as a fun weapon to play around with. Thanks for the feedback though!

I mainly just created it as a fun weapon to play around with.
In that case, just give the marshmallows a 100% retrieval rate. That way we don't have to pay out of our noses to enjoy using what was intended to be a fun item.

I should have thought of that earlier when I posted my first reply, come to think of it. My bad.

Back
Top Bottom