Blocks & Decoration Small Suggestion

Is this a good idea?

• Yes, I love it!

Votes: 61 85.9%
  • Sort of, but I think it needs changes.

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • How about no?

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

rileyk64

Terrarian
You all know mannequins, right? They always stay in the same pose.​

⬇​

mannequinstatue.png

I suggest we should be able to change this. By hammering on parts of the mannequin, the position of that part will change. (i.e hammering on legs changes leg pose)​

⬇​

improvisedmannequin.png

As you can see, it goes through the animations of the player.
In addition, we should be able to dye mannequins.
For example, a mannequin dyed gray:
Screen Shot 2014-10-05 at 7.51.36 PM.png

Well, that's pretty much it. Feedback is appreciated.

Last edited:
More mannequin customization would be very nice indeed!

Dyes and accessories should also be able for putting in the mannequin, if you will.

Might I add that you should be able to place accessories and dyes on mannequins as well?

I like this idea too. It's not high on my wishlist, but I have an idea for execution. Perhaps instead of clicking all over the mannequin to add items, it would be easier if a single right-click on the mannequin would display an inventory grid, similar to interacting with a chest, but resembling the player's own equipment slots. I think Sir Cutswood may have had that in mind. Since mannequins are just for show, they wouldn't need the Equipment column, just the Social and Dye columns. For coloring the mannequin itself, maybe we should be allowed to paint them with a paintbrush. I read that that is currently impossible.

I like this idea too. It's not high on my wishlist, but I have an idea for execution. Perhaps instead of clicking all over the mannequin to add items, it would be easier if a single right-click on the mannequin would display an inventory grid, similar to interacting with a chest, but resembling the player's own equipment slots. I think Sir Cutswood may have had that in mind. Since mannequins are just for show, they wouldn't need the Equipment column, just the Social and Dye columns.
I was actually thinking of something exactly like that.

Back
Top Bottom