Portfolio/Multi-Topic Small Suggestions!

CellarDoor96

Terrarian
Hello! This is just a list of small suggestions I had that I wanted to compile together to avoid cluttering the forums. Since I know that development is nearing its end, these are only suggestions that can be implemented without creating new content, i.e. no new sprites, mechanics, items, etc.

• I already posted this as another topic, but it would be great if the Magical Harp and Stellar Tune could still make music even on empty mana. That way, they could be used as both a weapon and an instrument, which would give them even more cool factor. Yes there are other instruments that make the same sounds, but their appearance may not appeal to everyone.
  • Please give the Meowmere Cart better stats, for example the same stats as the Mechanical Cart (minus the lasers and possibly the added defense)! That way it would still be a nice reward even for Expert players.
  • Please let the Digging Molecart work above ground. I know it's supposed to be a mole, but it's also a minecart and right now it's not very useful.
  • It feels wrong that Hoppin' Jack doesn't drop pumpkin. On a similar vein, Present Mimics should have a guaranteed present drop, alongside the hearts they already drop.
  • Probably the most controversial thing on this list but I feel it would be more appropriate for the Stardust Guardian to be dyed by Critter Shampoo than by the pet slot. Neither one is ideal, but he's definitely more of a minion than a pet.
  • Please let the Party Girl sell cake! Probably during parties only. It just seems appropriate and it's not like cake is so good it has to be so annoying to get.
  • Related to the above, cake could definitely use a duration buff. Even if it doesn't get upped to 10 minutes like the other buff furnitures, 4 or 5 minutes would still increase its usefulness by a ton.
Thanks for reading! I may add more as they come to me, but in the meantime feel free to discuss what's already here.

I think the Devs will not like to make the Digging molecart able to dig in suface but it would be cool if they made another minecart that could be crafted with it and other things, and this minecart would be able to make the same things as molecart but in surface plus more speed.

Unfortunately at this point the devs are not likely to implement any more new items, so something like that is probably not possible.

Also: can we talk about this?
20201021181313_1.jpg

I still can't figure out how this is meant to be decoded, even though I've found out online that "Axe->Pickaxe" apparently means pickaxes get priority. Not sure how exactly it should be changed, maybe just "Pickaxe" or "Axe" there would be fine, but it definitely needs changing.

Last edited:
Unfortunately at this point the devs are not likely to implement any more new items, so something like that is probably not possible.

Also: can we talk about this?
View attachment 295486
I still can't figure out how this is meant to be decoded, even though I've found out online that "Axe->Pickaxe" apparently means pickaxes get priority. Not sure how exactly it should be changed, maybe just "Pickaxe" or "Axe" there would be fine, but it definitely needs changing.
Oohh! Yes, sure! I always thought it needed to be polished / improved because I don't understand what it means.

I made a meme as seen in my signature, spread it around to maybe get the devs' attention on this issue lol.
AxePickaxeRouter.png

Additionally, I want to suggest some way to craft ice from water, but can't think of a good way to implement it. Maybe Bottled Water -> Ice Block at an Ice Machine?

I made a meme as seen in my signature, spread it around to maybe get the devs' attention on this issue lol.
View attachment 295546

Additionally, I want to suggest some way to craft ice from water, but can't think of a good way to implement it. Maybe Bottled Water -> Ice Block at an Ice Machine?
Hahaha :D This meme is great!!
I will put it in my signature too!

And about making ice I have a better suggestion: What do you think about simply placing the ice machine near somewhere with water? I think this is more appropriate and doesn't waste useful materials like bottles that can be used in potions.

Edit: now I see I can't put your meme in my sugnature. Can you provide a link of it for me to put in my signature?

Here: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?attachments/axepickaxerouter-png.295546/

The thing about just making ice craftable with water and an Ice Machine is that it would mean you could make an unlimited amount of it, which could be kind of unbalanced earlygame since it's an ingredient in Frostburn Arrows. Unfortunately there's no "water" item that doesn't also include a container of some kind, so the only way I can think of to implement it easily would be with water bottles. It's not like sand is hard to come by anyway, especially once you get the Sand Gun and can duplicate it endlessly (which is after Frostburn Arrows have outlived their usefulness, generally).

Here: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?attachments/axepickaxerouter-png.295546/

The thing about just making ice craftable with water and an Ice Machine is that it would mean you could make an unlimited amount of it, which could be kind of unbalanced earlygame since it's an ingredient in Frostburn Arrows. Unfortunately there's no "water" item that doesn't also include a container of some kind, so the only way I can think of to implement it easily would be with water bottles. It's not like sand is hard to come by anyway, especially once you get the Sand Gun and can duplicate it endlessly (which is after Frostburn Arrows have outlived their usefulness, generally).
Thank you for the link!!

Back
Top Bottom