tModLoader Smart Doors (From 1.4)

Smart Doors is a feature from 1.4 where doors automatically open. A lot of people playing 1.4 that come back to tModLoader will have to get used to no smart doors however this changes that and adds the feature in a mod.

This mod is not open source as it uses code directly from Terraria's code.

Thanks to Eldrazi for helping me with an error with the IL.

View attachment 275482

Check out the Discord!
This is good, now all we need is a mod for swapping out block tiles jsut like 1.4

Petition for a sequel mod "dumb doors" in 1.4 tmodloader that brings back the doors from 1.3 so the mod won't die :(

But seriously, thanks for this mod, have been using it in my first terraria modded run and have never removed it since then. Literally for the best mod in the game that is not calamity
o7

Petition to port this in 1.4 tmodloader

Just kidding lol

Or make a mod in 1.4 tmodloader called Un-smart door where you'll make 1.4 players experience the way doors work in 1.3, by simply making it be manually opened with a right click, and add a mod description like: "You know what? :red: you. *Un-smarts your door*"

Nvm, just kidding too lol

Last edited:
I found an error that makes it so that the door won't open depending on the direction you come from. Say you have a table on the left side of a door. If you try to go through the door from right to left, the door won't open, because the table is in the way. But if you go thorugh left to right, the door will open, because there is nothing on the right side of the door. Normally in 1.4, the door would open regardless of direction, as long as at least one side of the door is not blocked. Please fix?

I found an error that makes it so that the door won't open depending on the direction you come from. Say you have a table on the left side of a door. If you try to go through the door from right to left, the door won't open, because the table is in the way. But if you go thorugh left to right, the door will open, because there is nothing on the right side of the door. Normally in 1.4, the door would open regardless of direction, as long as at least one side of the door is not blocked. Please fix?
That's the common feature even in 1.4, I don't think the doors in 1.4 would overlap with objects blocking in it, it would just do the same thing similar to the mod in 1.3

Try placing webs beside doors, and try to open it, you'll see what I mean

Smart Doors is a feature from 1.4 where doors automatically open. A lot of people playing 1.4 that come back to tModLoader will have to get used to no smart doors however this changes that and adds the feature in a mod.

View attachment 275482

Check out the Discord!
I CA NT GET THIS MOD TO WORK WITH THORIUM VALADIUM DOOR HELP

Hey i cant download this mod from the mod browser is this a bug ?? i like this mod a lot but i cannot download it again

View attachment 275482

Check out the Discord!
You are my lord and savior <3<3

Back
Top Bottom