tAPI Snapsticks Mod - Insanely Fast Melee

What do you think? Rate based on quality of mechanics and ideas. (I already know the sprites suck)

• Total voters

Oliverrook

Terrarian
Snapsticks Mod
By Oliverrook

Hey! Got a really powerful weapon that is slower than a green slime in honey? Got a really cool Megashark but no ammo? Have a ton of random metals lying about and don't know what to do with them? Well, have I got a treat for you. Introducing the Snapstick! This amazing new gadget has the ability to swing faster than a Megashark on steroids. Using the power of a newly discovered technology called Whip Snap, you too can wield a weapon capable of turning any normal enemy into dust in a matter of seconds! All you have to do is hand over 25 of any major material (15 for base wood) in the game, and we'll make you the fastest swinging swordsman in all of Terraria! Get yours today!

(Note, major materials do not include anything that is not a metal bar, type of wood, glowing mushroom, or obsidian. Trying to turn anything else into Snapstick will result in catastrophic failure of the epic kind. The makers of Snapsticks are not responsible for any injuries, sicknesses, severe fatigue, death or other harmful effects that occur during the use of a Snapstick. Using Snapsticks for recreational swordplay or fencing is not recommended, and could possibly lead to any of the above symptoms.)

Current Version: 1.0

Looking for Spriters!

(Comment below or PM me)
Sorry.
Positions already taken. I could, however use someone to teach me a bit about the finer aspects of tAPI.
This is the Snapsticks mod. As my fast talking salesman has just said, this mod adds in a new weapon called a Snapstick. By default a Snapstick does 1 damage for each tier of material it is made out of, at a speed value of 8 minus each material tier set the Snapstick is made of.
A material tier set is defined by how a group of tiers is obtained.
Wood and normal ores are tier set 1, along with the special corrupted ores found in their respective biomes.
Meteorite, Obsidian and Hellstone make up tier set 2.
The basic hardmode ores make up tier set 3.
Hallowed bars and clorophyte make up tier set 4.
And finally, Shroomite makes up tier set 5.

The maximum tier Snapstick (currently), which is made of Shroomite, without any modifiers does 34 melee damage every 4 frames, which is almost twice as fast as a Megashark. This means that if you run the game at 60 frames per second, this weapon does ~510 damage a second, or about 1.6 times more damage as a Megashark with Venom Bullets. However, it also costs 25 Shroomite to make.

This mod currently adds in 32 Snapsticks, one for every major material, and the normal wood type.

Changelog:
Version 1.a-1:
  • Initial Release
Version 1.b-1:
  • Fixed crash on load for Crimtane
Version 1.0:
  • Added in Boreal, Cactus, Mahogany, Pearlwood, Ebonwood, Shadewood, Palm, and Dynasty wood Snapsticks
  • Added in Hallow Crystal Snapsticks

Planned Features Key: Red (Next update) Green (Planned) Blue (Planned but not likely to happen soon) Yellow (May happen eventually)
Planned Features:
  • Snapsticks for glowshrooms. (Sorry for moving this one. It was a bit more complicated than I thought)
  • Party Snapsticks
  • Cog Snapsticks
  • Bone Snapsticks (Thanks for the idea Logodum)
  • Mod Addons for the following mods:
    • Pumpking
    • Moar Tiers
    • Thorium+
    • GRealms
    • Necropolis
    • Blitz
    • Exxo Avalon (Once tAPI version is released)
    • Ulterraria (When Ulterraria version 1.2 comes out)
  • Better sprites for Snapsticks.
  • Possible variations on Snapsticks, such as the Snapspear and the Crackpistol.
  • Give ideas below!

Download at:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-Ihr6tfhKbJR05sb1RQZGEyV0U/view?usp=sharing (Source)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-Ihr6tfhKbJOE9uUFMtR2xFS0E/view?usp=sharing (.tAPI)​

Last edited:
Nice mod. The compatibility with other mods makes it unique.
When the nest update for my mod comes out, you can make an add-on for it.
(it is found in my signature)

Screenshots?
I will upload some soon. Haven't really had a chance. Been occupied with other things. I've been playing minecraft with my sis all day, and pretty much the moment I logged off yesterday I went to bed. I'll get to it soon.
Also, if anyone is good with sprites, I would appreciate the help with those. I suck at graphics, as anyone who downloads the mod will quickly see.
I have, however, been programming for almost exactly half of the time I've been alive at this point, so I'm very good off there. To put it in perspective, I made this entire mod in about 4 hours, including learning tAPI and doing the research I needed to balance the weapons. So, yeah fine with that.
I'm going to edit the post right after this to point this out as well.

Next update will be released by tomorrow, and will include the following:
New Snapsticks:
Glowing Mushroom
Hallow crystal
Boreal
Cactus
Palm
Rich Mahogany
Shadewood
Ebonwood
Dynasty Wood
and Pearlwood

The update will be labeled V 1.0A. The numbering system for the first two versions was based on the fact that the versions were very close to their 1.0 versions, but at the same time couldn't really be labeled as a v0.1, as they were too far into the production process. The 1.0-1 part were the fact that it was -0.1 revisions to a full release.

UPDATED!
Added in 9 more snapsticks!

Sorry for the delay with the update, had a few snags trying to get glowshrooms to work the way I wanted, and still no dice. Also, I hit a few snags with constant typos, which took a while to iron out. Then, to top it all off I had a few sick days, so sorry about that.
Anyways, it's now updated!
Next update will hopefully include Glowing Mushroom, Party, and Cog Snapsticks, as well as an optional Thorium+ Addon! So, yay for that.

UPDATED!

Sorry for the delay with the update, had a few snags trying to get glowshrooms to work the way I wanted, and still no dice. Also, I hit a few snags with constant typos, which took a while to iron out. Then, to top it all off I had a few sick days, so sorry about that.
Next update will hopefully include Glowing Mushroom, Party, and Cog Snapsticks, as well as an optional Thorium+ Addon! So, yay for that.
use Visual Studio, it tells you ALL THE TYPOS so you can fix them easily

UPDATED!

Great job on the update ! Also, maybe add a Snapstick made out of bones ?

Back
Top Bottom