PC Sniper OP???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Primordial02

Terrarian
Hi terrarians.
Lately I have been messing around with some sub classes and one was the sniper class and I really think that the sniper is too overpowered, for instance it FOUR SHOTS the eye of cthulhu with musket balls and with the best bullets and modifier as well as crit it can one shot most enemies.
Does anyone else feel that the sniper is too OP?

What Milt69466 said. You should really not draw conclusions from testing any kind of late game weapon against the game's first boss. Ludicrous. :confused:

What? What sniper class? If you mean tge sniperr rifle, then it is in my opinion up

Well, it factually isn't underpowered.

Through extensive use of it in comparison to the Tactical Shotgun, a weapon from the exact same tier dropped in the same area, and with Crystal Bullets, I got to know a bit of how powerful it is.

Tactical Shotgun has more DPS only when you're boosting your damage enough for the crystal shards to do decent damage as well as hitting with all pellets. In other words, use it against large targets. Otherwise, Sniper all the way. Tactical Shotgun, however, also has more tolerance to missing. So, it is easier to use against, say, Duke Fishron because you don't have to focus on being pinpoint accurate.

Sniper Rifle has insane alpha damage that, with enough boosts, will instakill a lot of mobs (especially in combination with banners). And because its speed was buffed too, you can effectively take out single targets before others enter your view. That, and it's much cheaper to reforge.

Overall, the Sniper Rifle is generally the go-to weapon. Tactical Shotgun only shines better on large bosses, the only valid example close to its tier being Golem and Duke Fishron.

Hi terrarians.
Lately I have been messing around with some sub classes and one was the sniper class and I really think that the sniper is too overpowered, for instance it FOUR SHOTS the eye of cthulhu with musket balls and with the best bullets and modifier as well as crit it can one shot most enemies.
Does anyone else feel that the sniper is too OP?
"It can four shot the first or second boss in the game it's too op!!"
Bruh I've spent four hours in the dungeon and have three keybrands, 2 rocket launchers and a tactical shotgun, and a warding paladins shield. Sniper rifle is rare. It's rare because its an endgame weapon. That's using a sharpness IV diamond sword with fire aspect against a pig in minecraft.

Hey no need for sarcasm I did test it on other bosses but I just used EoC as an example but it obliterates other bosses as well with the bosses tier bullets and does slightly worse with low tier bullets. Fish Man is no match for this weapon by the way
[DOUBLEPOST=1437514569,1437514464][/DOUBLEPOST]Sorry fOr the double post but I just asked if anyone else thought it was OP NOT if it needed to be nerfed.

Hey no need for sarcasm I did test it on other bosses but I just used EoC as an example but it obliterates other bosses as well with the bosses tier bullets and does slightly worse with low tier bullets. Fish Man is no match for this weapon by the way
[DOUBLEPOST=1437514569,1437514464][/DOUBLEPOST]Sorry fOr the double post but I just asked if anyone else thought it was OP NOT if it needed to be nerfed.
If you find Fishron with Sniper rifle "no match", then EVERY weapon is OP. (in the postplantera tier)
The sniper rifle isn't really all that useful later on due to the need to hit the target every time.

WHO IS THE FISHMAN YOU SPEAK OF??!??!?!
THE FISHMAN HAS ARRIVED
b1f43d944d.jpg

A wise man once said:

"It's all over for ya'll ni**as, now I got my bazooka!"

Never thought I'd see the day someone complained about the AW outside Counter-Strike.

Chlorophyte bullets are inferior to Crystal. Still don't know why most people are so hot on using them. What's so hard about aiming a straight projectile that has very good velocity?

Aiming isn't hard, keeping track of the very inconspicuous cursor is. They still haven't fixed that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom