PC Sniper OP???

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's your fault for not making it a color you can easily keep track of.

Yes and no. Some colours are a little insane to have for visibility, but you have multiple different coloured biomes. So, when most go for green because 'most visible colour', it turns out not to be while in the jungle and purity biomes. And I don't think the player should be expected to change cursor colour every five minutes.

Why the game hasn't incorporated an outlined cursor in the in-game settings is beyond me.

That's your fault for not making it a color you can easily keep track of.

Not really. This isn't some retro-noir black and white game where you can just make the cursor lime green and it will stand out always. And Given Re-Logic's fascination with rainbows, you can easily have every color imaginable on the screen at once, effectively camouflaging the cursor.

TLDR: it's inconspicuous as hell regardless of what color you pick. It's not the color, it's the design.

If they don't want to design a new cursor, they should just add an option to use the Windows cursor instead.

I think that sniper isnt that strong, you can easilly kill EoC with any end game weapon.

Last edited:
yep i always use it on my ranged character even though i dont fight any bosses with it
[DOUBLEPOST=1437585078,1437584969][/DOUBLEPOST]But to think about it, it still is a little op in pvp since it can two shot with damage focused accessories and vortex armor and i do believe that is without stealth.

"It can four shot the first or second boss in the game it's too op!!"
Bruh I've spent four hours in the dungeon and have three keybrands, 2 rocket launchers and a tactical shotgun, and a warding paladins shield. Sniper rifle is rare. It's rare because its an endgame weapon. That's using a sharpness IV diamond sword with fire aspect against a pig in minecraft.

To be fair I got two Unreal Sniper Rifles to drop out of the three or four total I got when hunting around for things like the tactical shotgun and rocket launcher. That being said I still don't think it's OP. Other endgame weapons are way more powerful and useful. I think its just an interesting weapon maybe with some fun PvP value versus friends who are trying to do maybe a COD in Terraria type map or something. I think you may have had bad luck because I got tons in just an hour maybe two. I dont do stats or anything but with the following gear I was getting a tad over 3k DPS on Golem, many of the end game weapons go far over that.

Armor: Full shoomite with bullet headgear
Weapon: Unreal Sniper
Ammo: Crystal
Accessory:
- Lucky Fishron Wings
- Warding Ankh Shield
- Warding Celestial Shell
- Lucky Sniper Scope
- Intrepid Avenger Emblem (Threw it in for funsies)

Clearly not max damage loadout but still. Don't think it's that OP, especially if you click slow or are getting mobbed by tons since its just a single bullet with a lag in firing capability. Even with chloro bullets mass mob events still have the potential to overtake you.

Edit: Same outfit with Demonic Vortex Repeater was getting over 5k DPS, to prove my point here.

Last edited:
To be fair I got two Unreal Sniper Rifles to drop out of the three or four total I got when hunting around for things like the tactical shotgun and rocket launcher. That being said I still don't think it's OP. Other endgame weapons are way more powerful and useful. I think its just an interesting weapon maybe with some fun PvP value versus friends who are trying to do maybe a COD in Terraria type map or something. I think you may have had bad luck because I got tons in just an hour maybe two. I dont do stats or anything but with the following gear I was getting a tad over 3k DPS on Golem, many of the end game weapons go far over that.

Armor: Full shoomite with bullet headgear
Weapon: Unreal Sniper
Ammo: Crystal
Accessory:
- Lucky Fishron Wings
- Warding Ankh Shield
- Warding Celestial Shell
- Lucky Sniper Scope
- Intrepid Avenger Emblem (Threw it in for funsies)

Clearly not max damage loadout but still. Don't think it's that OP, especially if you click slow or are getting mobbed by tons since its just a single bullet with a lag in firing capability. Even with chloro bullets mass mob events still have the potential to overtake you.

Edit: Same outfit with Demonic Vortex Repeater was getting over 5k DPS, to prove my point here.
Dang I got slime staff still no sniper drop :/ I want it for efficiency; CAR or MegaShark guzzel ammo even with chlorophyte armor. I'd like to replace my tactical shotgun for the sniper.

Dang I got slime staff still no sniper drop :/ I want it for efficiency; CAR or MegaShark guzzel ammo even with chlorophyte armor. I'd like to replace my tactical shotgun for the sniper.
Tactical shotgun plus chlorophyte was gold for Duke Fishron for me once I got his routine down. Run around until second stage then hop in my UFO and shoot away. They are both really good in my eyes but without chloro the shotgun quickly loses interest for me. Explosive rounds can be fun (though dangerous with both weapons as far as killing yourself). Crystal work good in both.

Also for anyone who cares I just compared an Unreal Tsunami vs Unreal Phantasm with that same set up but warding charm of myth instead of the avenger emblem and endless quiver on one of the celestial pillar (mage one) and I was getting around 1700-1900 DPS, with the Tsunami doing a touch more. I don't know if the wooden arrows can trigger the Phantasms effect (if it still has it as of current patch). With better arrows they quickly outclass the sniper rifle as well as far as DPS. Sniper is still cool though and I'm keeping it around :p.

Last edited:
Tactical shotgun plus chlorophyte was gold for Duke Fishron for me once I got his routine down. Run around until second stage then hop in my UFO and shoot away. They are both really good in my eyes but without chloro the shotgun quickly loses interest for me.

Also for anyone who cares I just compared an Unreal Tsunami vs Unreal Phantasm with that same set up but warding charm of myth instead of the avenger emblem and endless quiver on one of the celestial pillar (mage one) and I was getting around 1700-1900 DPS, with the Tsunami doing a touch more. I don't know if the wooden arrows can trigger the Phantasms effect (if it still has it as of current patch). With better arrows they quickly outclass the sniper rifle as well as far as DPS. Sniper is still cool though and I'm keeping it around :p.
Oh OK, I play mobile so I'm getting duke and mounts july-september 30th.
[DOUBLEPOST=1437633007,1437632739][/DOUBLEPOST]
Tactical shotgun plus chlorophyte was gold for Duke Fishron for me once I got his routine down. Run around until second stage then hop in my UFO and shoot away. They are both really good in my eyes but without chloro the shotgun quickly loses interest for me. Explosive rounds can be fun (though dangerous with both weapons as far as killing yourself). Crystal work good in both.

Thanks for the tips, my ranger is gonna rock the Tsunami.

tumblr_inline_nb5ecywLKr1rkmvik.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom