So, about the rule regarding the developer items...

flarn2006

Terrarian
I'm sure this rule has been debated many times before--in fact, I vaguely recall starting a thread about it on the Terraria Online forums back when that was the official forum. But with the release of 1.3, isn't that rule kind of out of date, considering they're no longer unobtainable? I'd say that's a pretty good indication the devs don't have a problem with normal players having them anymore.

Does the rule still apply? Or have the admins just not gotten around to removing it yet?

i'd assume that went away when they started putting nerfed versions in goodiebags and changed the tooltip to "good for impersonating devs" :p

I think it's yoraiz0rs items that say something along the lines of "whatever happens to you when you put these on is NOT a bug'. So I'm wondering if they still kill you or if it gives you some animation

Its still something we are working out the details of; while 1.3 is updated with legitimate developer armor, there are still issues with hacking on mobile and console that need to be addressed before we can make a universal decision on the matter. :)

I think it's yoraiz0rs items that say something along the lines of "whatever happens to you when you put these on is NOT a bug'. So I'm wondering if they still kill you or if it gives you some animation

They are totally safe! Probably. Mostly. I think. ;)

Why would you want the zapinator now? Better yet, why are you asking for it at all when .. nevermind. All the items you can get in terraria now are much much more powerful than the zapinator. The other things were removed because someone didn't ask permission..

I don't think Red including those items in the game changes anything yet - console and mobile still have a while to wait for 1.3, and hacking and modding were still a "no" from the console makers themselves last I checked.

As for people still asking for the CrZapinator... Last Prism, Daybreak, Rainbow Crystal, Phantasm... Namely, each and every high tier item in 1.3 makes the Zapinator completely obsolete, and som of the 1.2 weapons may have done that already, too. If you want a vanity gun that does little other than being cool, try the Portal Gun.

hacking and modding were still a "no" from the console makers themselves last I checked.

That's not what I was asking about. I was just asking about the rules regarding dev armor. Regardless, as I've argued in another thread, this forum isn't owned or operated by the console makers, so that alone doesn't mean it has to be a "no" here as well. But that's what that other thread is for discussing, not this one.

Ad nauseum:

1. This is not a hack forum go to one if you want to discuss this.
2. The operators of this forum can forbid *what ever* they feel like. They just so happen to forbid things that are against their interests when it comes to this game.
3. You should be grateful they released the armors like this in the first place. Don't turn around and go "OOH OOH CAN WE ALSO HAVE THE *insert other forbidden item here*

They may just change the rule to reflect the recent changes. Wait for their move.

Ad nauseum:

1. This is not a hack forum go to one if you want to discuss this.
2. The operators of this forum can forbid *what ever* they feel like. They just so happen to forbid things that are against their interests when it comes to this game.
3. You should be grateful they released the armors like this in the first place. Don't turn around and go "OOH OOH CAN WE ALSO HAVE THE *insert other forbidden item here*

They may just change the rule to reflect the recent changes. Wait for their move.

*Sigh* I am ONLY asking about the dev armors here. Nothing else. I'm not begging them to remove the rule; I'm only asking if it's still valid considering something happened that would likely make the rule invalid.

Also, you made your point in the other thread; no need to follow me here.

Though one thing I will say: simply allowing discussion of something that is only possible on a modded console does not suddenly turn the forum into a "hack forum". That would require that to be the main topic of the forum.

Other thread? Dude I don't remember who I talk on here most of the time especially if they have a blank icon.

Also I was addressing others as well.

Oh, I linked another thread in the post above yours. Since you said "ad nauseum" I figured you were referring to having said something similar in that thread.

Impersonating devs is still going to get you in trouble, I'm sure. But yeah, I doubt they mind if you wear the armor, or they wouldn't have put it in the game. :p

Back
Top Bottom