So how master mode affects pre-post-moonlord gear.

Jostabeere

Terrarian
Well, after playing master mode for a while now and being at the CUltist part of the game I noticed something that doesn't really fit me.
Back in the days you had 1 or 2 armor sets everyone used because they were the best. They were nerfed and we got better stuff. I will ignore post-ML items because they are obviously the best and a huge game change.
But pre-ML it seems that we have a new king. Again. Spectre Hood set. Sure, you get a huge damage dropoff, but it doesn't seem to matter at all. The surviveability is the main seeling point due to the nerf of other armor sets which granted surviveability.
I use this frequently for non-meta stuff and because I didn't spend much time learning about the new 1.3+ additions.
What works well in master mode? It seems that Spectre Hood is the best option with Mask as backup because the surviveability is huge compared to anything else.
The mixed sets heavily rely on Valhalla, which was nerfed.
So is the only way to play Spectre till I get post-ML gear?

Honestly, I would say, just do what you would do in expert mode, considering master has just added more health to bosses, and make them do more damage though.

I can't see any nerfs you refer to. Can you elaborate? Apart from Valhalla Breastplate, which totally deserved a nerf.
Beetle armor is exactly the same. Shroomite armor is exactly the same. Spooky armor received a fitting buff. If anything, hallowed armor received a buff that allows all variants to compete with endgame sets. All implementations of dodge a very viable in master mode.

Back
Top Bottom