So. Stinking. Close.

Now just reached wave 12. I managed to kill about 2 without dying. But then I was flying too high and an everscream spawned on my platform above the traps so when I went to get some more hearts I died... oh well its slow but steady progress.
Just keep improving. Also, the Ankh Shield makes you immune to the Ice Queen's slowing effect.

Ankh Shield makes you immune to the Ice Queen's slowing effect.
Ice Queens inflict chilled. Ankh shield does not make you immune to chilled, although it makes you immune to slow (Chilled still slows you down). Hand warmer, however, makes you immune to both chilled and frozen. You can obtain it from presents.

Correct me if I am wrong. :)

I just managed to get the blizzard staff, might try that out against the ice queen even though I have melee based armor. I heard the DPS for it is something crazy like 3000
That's with Spectre Armor. You have beetle armor so you should stick with melee. But if you have Spectre Armor Go ahead and try The Blizzard Staff with it.

Spectre Armor has two helmets variants, the Spectre Hood for healing, And the Spectre Mask for damage.
Ice Queens inflict chilled. Ankh shield does not make you immune to chilled, although it makes you immune to slow (Chilled still slows you down). Hand warmer, however, makes you immune to both chilled and frozen. You can obtain it from presents.

Correct me if I am wrong. :)
In 1.3 it makes you immune to chilled. Check the wiki: http://terraria.wiki.gg/Ankh_Shield

Last edited:
In 1.3 it makes you immune to chilled. Check the wiki: http://terraria.wiki.gg/Ankh_Shield

Woah I didn't notice that at all but now that I think about it I haven't been getting chilled when I enter water in the snow.

OT:Stack up on potions, especially on rage/wrath potions for extra damage/crit chance. I'd go for rage potions, wrath potions, ironskin potions, regenration potions, battle potions, endurance potions, inferno potions, swiftness potions, lifeforce potions, night owl potions and most importantly, Warmth Potions. Don't forget Flasks and Well-Fed buffs. Also get a Sharpening Station, and set up a campfire and heart lantern for regen.

Good Luck!

Ugggh trying to kill moon lord now to get some of his op drops. Still can't bypass wave 12 yet on frost moon. That phantasmal deathray does something like 100 damage to me and once I kill his eyes the true eyes of cthulhu are so hard to dodge. Even with cheesing by going to the nurse to heal, still the best I've done is get him down to 40,000 health on his core. I can kill the 3 eyes pretty well, but once they're all out of their sockets I die :(.
The deathray can't go through blocks. Neither can the rays from the eyes once their out of their sockets.

Yes, but the moon lord himself can just move anywhere
If you stand still, he likes to keep his head 15(around there) tiles above you, and his hands 15 tiles to the sides of you. So you can place blocks above/left/right of you, as long as they're less they fifteen tiles from you. If you do, his rays will never hit you, And you can use weapons that can go though walls to hit him. The Blizzard Staff and Solar Eruption are perfect for this.

Even a simple box like this can block his rays, and although it may be hard to dodge his other attacks, they don't do much damage at all.:p

lkioxSk.png

Sorry if my grammar was bad at all.:D

Last edited:
Die to moon lord? 3 words: Charm of Myths.
While you would think it takes up a accesory slot needed for something else, change "Accesory slot" to "Vanity slot". if you loose health to fast and need to heal faster, switch to the charm for a brief moment, use potion, switch back to the accesory you had equipped as usual. You get 15 seconds less on the potion sickness buff, wich is so sweet for suriving moon lord.

Back
Top Bottom