So TCF whats YOUR favorite GBA game?

Well this a thread where you can talk about your favorite gba game & and maybe write a short description about it.

For me my favorite gba game has to be Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga. A fun game where you get to control both bros on a turn based RPG adventure throughout the Beanbean kingdom.

I would have to say that my favorite would have to be a tie between Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission. Back when I played Fusion, the atmosphere of the entire game was incredibly tense, because of the factor of the SA-X chasing you. As for Zero Mission, it's not just a re-make of the original Metroid game, it adds a completely new segment to the game, the Space Pirate Mothership, where during the first segment of that part, you pretty much become Solid Samus(Get it? Solid Snake mixed with Samus? Okay, I'll stop with the jokes now)and you have to sneak past a bunch of space pirates to get your suit back.

There's four games, as I cannot choose just one. These four I played for endless hours when I was a child.

Pokemon Ruby

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga

Advance Wars

Golden Sun

I don't know...

I liked Pokemon Emerald,
I liked Golden Sun,
I liked Fire Emblem,
I liked the Castlevania games,
Sword of Mana was fun too,
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue team.

The GBA era was full of favourites

I would have to say that my favorite would have to be a tie between Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission. Back when I played Fusion, the atmosphere of the entire game was incredibly tense, because of the factor of the SA-X chasing you. As for Zero Mission, it's not just a re-make of the original Metroid game, it adds a completely new segment to the game, the Space Pirate Mothership, where during the first segment of that part, you pretty much become Solid Samus(Get it? Solid Snake mixed with Samus? Okay, I'll stop with the jokes now)and you have to sneak past a bunch of space pirates to get your suit back.
Dangit that was exactly what I was gonna post....

Pokemon Emerald (Treecko best startur)
Pokemon FireRed (too many WWEdles)
Mario & Luigi: Superstar saga (I nearly beat it once)
Advance Wars 2 (enjoyed making maps)
Megaman & Bass (beaten)
Metroid Fusion (beaten multiple times)
Metroid: Zero Mission (beaten on hard, no long beam)
Megaman Zero 4 (beaten)
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team (it isn't fun to start as a fighting-type)
Ninja Five-0 (Ninja Cop in USA, not sure. Beaten)

Basically, GBA is my childhood.

Last edited:
I had 3 favourites that I absolutely enjoy playing (I still play them, thank god I kept my GBA), and that would be Golden Sun + The Lost Age (So, technically four games, but I mention the last age more as an stand-alone expansion to the game.), Advanced Wars 1 + 2, mostly 1 due to how stupid the AI was, they love APC's, and Final Fantasy 6 Advance. Love all of them!

I'll just pick three and not count ports, so no Mother 1+2 or Final Fantasy V Advance here.

There's Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town. It's probably my favorite game in the Harvest Moon series, if we choose to disregard Rune Factory because I love the crap outta 3 and 4. There's a lot to do all in a portable package that'll have you playing for a long time. That is, if Harvest Moon is your thing, because it's not a series for everyone. But if calmly farming and tending livestock is your thing, along with wooing the local bachelorettes by forcing stuff on them every day until they love you, it and More Friends (which is the one with the female player) are for you.

There's also Super Robot Wars J, the final SRW game released for GBA and also one of the few SRW games to receive a completed English fan translation. The Super Robot Wars series takes a bunch of giant robot anime and combines them all into one big ol' strategy RPG with flashy attack animations and a a big story to combine them all with. The gameplay is good, the graphics and animations are great, and so is the music. If you like SRPGs, it's worth a shot even if you're not into robot anime.

Lastly... hm. It' a really hard choice between Pokemon Emerald and Mother 3. And I don't feel like deciding, so both of them, yaaaay. One's Pokemon, one's the Japan-only sequel to Earthbound that received a professional-grade fan translation. They're both great stuff.

Theres (Mother) 3 games that are my favourites.

Pokemon Ruby

This one Robot Warss game

And the one mentioned in the first sentence.

Summon Night 1 & 2
Golden Sun 1 & 2
Boktai 2(couldn't play 1)
Megaman 6(Gregar & Something)
Fire Emblem(my very first of the series)
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

I really, really loved Metroid Fusion. It was one of those games that really immersed me in it's atmosphere, which is very difficult to do on the GBA.

But if I had to choose one to keep for the rest of my life, it would be Pokemon Sapphire.

Here are mine:
-Metroid Fusion
-Metroid Zero Mission

I would say Superstar Saga, but the emulator I use to play it keeps making the sprites flicker, not to mention I'm not the biggest fan of RPGs anyways.

Three games i can't let go of.

-Pokemon Sapphire
-Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team
-Mario&Luigi: Superstar Saga

It is without a doubt Metroid: Zero Mission. Being my 1st GBA game as well as the game to get me deeper into gaming.

I always play it every so often. It's one of the few games that I completely got 100% on everything it had to offer. Beating it on Hard Mode, beating it on 100% under 2 hours (My best times are about 39 minutes for any % and 1 hour 15 mins for 100%) And even beating Normal Mode and Hard Mode on 15% which is much much harder than 100%. Even when my DS Lite dies, I will still hold onto this game cartridge for nostalgic purposes. Same with a few other GBA games.

Favorite GBA game? Oh god, all of the choices!

If I had to say anything, it would probably be between Fire Emblem or Golden Sun.

Back
Top Bottom