Weapons & Equip Solar Boots

Have you ever wanted to run really fast? Fast enough the blaze across the world and burn the ground beneath your feet? No?... well, too bad.

Solar Boots
solar boots.png

Crafted at an ancient manipulator with 15 Solar Fragments and Spectre Boots (Or it could use Frostspark Boots... I think it Spectre Boots would be better though)

Allows the wearer to run incredibly fast
Creates lingering fire and sparks as you run that can damage enemies
Allows the wearer to fly incredibly fast for a short time.

I noticed that Hermes boots and its upgrades seem to get ignored later in the game and replaced with other methods of travel, so I thought it would be cool to add an end-game upgrade for them. These boots would be really fast, fast enough to compare to thing like minecarts, mounts, and asphalt. They would also leave flames everywhere as you run, damaging enemies and looking awesome. The fire trail wouldn't show up while walking, but dashing with tabi or the solar armor set bonus would immediately send the player moving fast enough to burn the ground beneath their feet. Lastly, these boots would allow player to fly like rocket boots, but much faster. When used alone, they can ascend even faster than the best wings, but they don't last nearly as long. They'll also give a speed boost moving left or right through the air, and when used with wings it can give them a slight speed boost as well.

Oh, and I know this might unbalance the celestial gear a bit since there's no accessory for the other pillars. I would like to have a unique accessory upgrade for each of them, but I can't think of anything for the others...

I could somewhat support this. We can discard Ice Skates bonus here, maybe it will melt the ice, instead. :dryadwink:
It of course needs other pillar variant, but well..
It should give you enough speed, to be close to Lunar tier wings. As for example, Solar Wings reach 60mph horizontally and 70mph vertically, so boots themselves should have similiar values and and also bring higer duration of flight, but instead of 42%, it could give 50% and slightly faster ascention speed ( 5-10% ). It's end-game item after all.

I could somewhat support this. We can discard Ice Skates bonus here, maybe it will melt the ice, instead. :dryadwink:
It of course needs other pillar variant, but well..
It should give you enough speed, to be close to Lunar tier wings. As for example, Solar Wings reach 60mph horizontally and 70mph vertically, so boots themselves should have similiar values and and also bring higer duration of flight, but instead of 42%, it could give 50% and slightly faster ascention speed ( 5-10% ). It's end-game item after all.
Thanks! I was having a hard time deciding whether this should be made from spectre boots or frostspark boots; on one hand, frostspark boots are currently the best upgrade for spectre boots, but you have to go through a lot more RNG to get them and the accessories you need wouldn't really effect this or make sense to go with it. I was thinking these boots should just fly slightly longer than the original lightning boots, but have enough speed both vertically and horizontally to make up for that. Also, I have no idea what the other pillar variants could be...

Thanks! I was having a hard time deciding whether this should be made from spectre boots or frostspark boots; on one hand, frostspark boots are currently the best upgrade for spectre boots, but you have to go through a lot more RNG to get them and the accessories you need wouldn't really effect this or make sense to go with it. I was thinking these boots should just fly slightly longer than the original lightning boots, but have enough speed both vertically and horizontally to make up for that. Also, I have no idea what the other pillar variants could be...
Vortex Boots, Stardust Boots, Nebula boots...
Oh, you mean the special effects. It could work like Flower Boots, just with slightly changed mechanic, which is obvious.
So if Solar Boots are doing pure damage, Daybreak debuff with fire lingering like in case of Molotov.
Vortex could slow most of the enemies and have a chance to summon a lightning portal, similiar to what Vortexian has, and leave some sort of effect that Vortex Dye has.
Stardust could summon friendly Star Cells, but these would die on contact, unlike the ones from Pillar, also tweaked Stardust Dye effect.
In case of Nebula, it would deal damage to enemies, but only if they're passing through it, also a chance to apply Confused debuff. Not sure about Nebula Dye here, it would be better off as some sort of cloud.

Vortex Boots, Stardust Boots, Nebula boots...
Oh, you mean the special effects. It could work like Flower Boots, just with slightly changed mechanic, which is obvious.
So if Solar Boots are doing pure damage, Daybreak debuff with fire lingering like in case of Molotov.
Vortex could slow most of the enemies and have a chance to summon a lightning portal, similiar to what Vortexian has, and leave some sort of effect that Vortex Dye has.
Stardust could summon friendly Star Cells, but these would die on contact, unlike the ones from Pillar, also tweaked Stardust Dye effect.
In case of Nebula, it would deal damage to enemies, but only if they're passing through it, also a chance to apply Confused debuff. Not sure about Nebula Dye here, it would be better off as some sort of cloud.
I was thinking the other pillar accessories should all be unique in some way, so solar would be a speedy upgrade to spectre boots, another one could be an upgrade for lava waders, the next could be an upgrade for... I don't know, shoe spikes? I guess they don't even have to all be boots, if there's a good idea for a different accessory then that would work too.

I was thinking the other pillar accessories should all be unique in some way, so solar would be a speedy upgrade to spectre boots, another one could be an upgrade for lava waders, the next could be an upgrade for... I don't know, shoe spikes? I guess they don't even have to all be boots, if there's a good idea for a different accessory then that would work too.
It also depends what kind of fire do you want.

So... l was thinking more about other possible celestial upgrades, and when I thought about an upgrade for water walking boots, I was reminded of Splatoon. That made me think, what if there was an accessory that gave an ability inspired by the inklings?

How about the Star Veil+Sweetheart Necklace just combines them all, while the Stardust one makes the stuff better? (i.e. star cells instead of bees (they would still act like the bees, though), more damaging stars, even longer hit invincibility, and faster/longer Panic mode)

How about the Star Veil+Sweetheart Necklace just combines them all, while the Stardust one makes the stuff better? (i.e. star cells instead of bees (they would still act like the bees, though), more damaging stars, even longer hit invincibility, and faster/longer Panic mode)
I'll think about it, thanks!

On a Nebula accessory, Celectial Cuffs just seems a logical thing to get upgraded to give Mages a near unlimited mana pool.

Nebular Cuffs could get the boost to mana gen (instantly max it out, not just some number based on damage taken), increase max mana by 100 (a relic of it's lost +mana from Starband. Odd how the Cuffs are the only accessory that lose a LOT of their modifiers the individual parts start with as you upgrade them completely (Lost +1 Def from Shackle, 20 mana from Starband, +mana regen from Mana regen band, +health regen from Health band), rather than just partially like every other accessory)), and +20 reach for mana stars.

On a Nebula accessory, Celectial Cuffs just seems a logical thing to get upgraded to give Mages a near unlimited mana pool.

Nebular Cuffs could get the boost to mana gen (instantly max it out, not just some number based on damage taken), increase max mana by 100 (a relic of it's lost +mana from Starband. Odd how the Cuffs are the only accessory that lose a LOT of their modifiers the individual parts start with as you upgrade them completely (Lost +1 Def from Shackle, 20 mana from Starband, +mana regen from Mana regen band, +health regen from Health band), rather than just partially like every other accessory)), and +20 reach for mana stars.
That's a good idea! Maybe instead of giving a huge amount of mana though, getting hit could give you a short buff that boosts the power of all magic attacks?

That's a good idea! Maybe instead of giving a huge amount of mana though, getting hit could give you a short buff that boosts the power of all magic attacks?

Mages already have far more than enough damage boosters and high damage/dps spells. Running out of mana to actually USE these spells is a much bigger problem. And while yes, a damage boost is nice, a mage shouldn't be getting hit where possible. You are the second frailest class in the game for a reason (not counting the joke class that exist pre-hardmode in Throwers).

Also, currently, the accessory is a nice, but not mandatory one. The moment you make it have a potential damage boost it becomes mandatory to obtain/use for the class for lategame.

Your solar boots have their own damage, yes, but no damage boost. Unless you made their damage broken overpowered, I wouldn't feel compelled to use it, as I have alternatives I could use, but if it was multiplying my own damage, that would change.

Back
Top Bottom