Weapons & Equip Solar Boots

Mages already have far more than enough damage boosters and high damage/dps spells. Running out of mana to actually USE these spells is a much bigger problem. And while yes, a damage boost is nice, a mage shouldn't be getting hit where possible. You are the second frailest class in the game for a reason (not counting the joke class that exist pre-hardmode in Throwers).

Also, currently, the accessory is a nice, but not mandatory one. The moment you make it have a potential damage boost it becomes mandatory to obtain/use for the class for lategame.

Your solar boots have their own damage, yes, but no damage boost. Unless you made their damage broken overpowered, I wouldn't feel compelled to use it, as I have alternatives I could use, but if it was multiplying my own damage, that would change.
Hmm... good point. I'll think about how these will work, thanks!

I'd love to see the master ninja gear upgraded with vortex fragments. It would allow to dash faster and longer, would have a higher chance to avoid damage (15% maybe?) and its special ability would be that, when pressing "s" (Or the default down key) it should allow the character to latch onto thin air.

I think it should be made with lightning boots, because I don't personally use frostspark boots. Other people definitely do, but I don't really like relying on rng from Ice chests. I only get ice mirrors for some reason

I think it should be made with lightning boots, because I don't personally use frostspark boots. Other people definitely do, but I don't really like relying on rng from Ice chests. I only get ice mirrors for some reason
I'm thinking it should be made from spectre boots, but I left the option for frostspark boots there anyway.

So I've given this thread some thought, and I noticed you said you wanted to make an accessory upgrade for each of the four pillars. In my personal opinion, the best one to use on boots would probably be Vortex instead of solar. I'm not taking the classes (melee, magic, ranger, summoner) into consideration, but rather what the pillars and enemies of these events actually do. The Vortex zone in the celestial events seems largely centered around lightning and gravity, which seems very appropriate for a speed-related accessory in my opinion. Now, the trail of damaging sparks? I don't think it's really necessary, but I guess if you really wanted it, the Vortex Boots could leave sparks of lightning... or something.

Now, the other reason I wanted to change the boots to Vortex was because I think Solar is much more fitting as a Fire Gauntlet upgrade. It would inflict Daybroken instead of On Fire, and maybe have +15% damage and speed instead of +10?

Now, Nebula and Stardust... Nebula could be an upgrade to the Celestial Cuffs, which causes enemies to drop mana stars more often and provides an even bigger star pickup range (just an idea). Stardust, a papyrus scarab upgrade? I can't really think of anything better.
That's an interesting thought, but for this suggestion I wanted to go with accessories who's primary ability can benefit any class, rather than accessories that boost the strength of attacks for any class in particular. Don't worry though, I'd say the idea I have in mind for the Vortex pillar is just as fitting, if not more so.

Back
Top Bottom