NPCs & Enemies Solar Boss?

BloodThirstyAvengers

Official Terrarian
As everyone knows, we have a Moon Boss gauntlet, the Lunatic Cultist which starts the Lunar Events, which summons the Moon Lord. However, the Cultists that start the Lunar Gauntlet wear Blue Robes. There are White Robes available as Vanity. Furthermore, there are unused banners for White Cultists. My idea is a Sun boss, summoned by a 1/100 chance (or maybe 1/50 if 1% is too slim) for the cultists at the Dungeon's entrance to spawn as White instead of Blue with the same criteria.

`All four Cultists respawn and reset their location and initial passive state after one in-game day, if the Lunatic Cultist was not summoned, if the player runs away or dies during the fight, when all four Celestial Towers are destroyed, or when the world is closed and restarted. Restarting the world can be the fastest option to reset them to their original state.

Cultists only spawn under the following circumstances:

• The world is in Hardmode, and Skeletron and Golem have been defeated.
  • No bosses are alive and no events are happening.
  • No Mysterious Tablet is existent.
  • The player is not within an area of 79×41 tiles around the Dungeon point (the spawn point of the Old Man, i.e. the left of the two blocks on which he stands during the night).
  • The tile exactly 7 tiles above the Dungeon point (which is approximately where the center of the Mysterious Tablet will be) is neither a solid nor a deactivated block, this includes platforms and shelves.`
- Terraria Wiki

You summon it the same way as the Lunatic Cultist, killing the 4 White Cultists, though I don't think it should be a gauntlet, just a hard boss which drops powerful items, useful to take if you manage to spawn them before the Moon Lord fight, maybe similar to Duke Fishron who is also optional. Also, because the Moon Lord turns the background pitch black, maybe the Sun Boss should make the background a radiant white/gold?

I'm just not sure what to call it, Solaris was my first idea but then I realised that's the final boss in Sonic 2006. Sun Lord seems too cookie cutter, I think it should have a totally unique name. Maybe... Sol-Radia or something?

I think you should read the Official Lore before making a suggestion like this. But just speeding things up, the sun god is worshipped by the Lihzahrds and there was a war between the Lihzards and another species that I don't remember, those are who worship the Moon lord.

I think you should read the Official Lore before making a suggestion like this. But just speeding things up, the sun god is worshipped by the Lihzahrds and there was a war between the Lihzards and another species that I don't remember, those are who worship the Moon lord.
Said "Official Lore" is really redundant and full of plotholes. I personally don't consider it as canon because of how badly it was written.

Also, what does this even have to do with the Official Lore? Seems to me like the lore was built around the gameplay instead of the other way around...

Said "Official Lore" is really redundant and full of plotholes. I personally don't consider it as canon because of how badly it was written.

Also, what does this even have to do with the Official Lore? Seems to me like the lore was built around the gameplay instead of the other way around...
-_-... Don't make me explain.

Oh pls do because I agree with lunin
Ah, no. Don't make me explain, really, because this suggestion isn't going to be implemented in the game anyways as all other good suggestions I have seen. And I don't know why people still do it because developers already said that they aren't going to put any thing to the game. It's a waste of time making suggestions now. Bye

Not really sure about this idea. Many lucky(or unlucky) speedrunners may end up getting white cultists instead. I fail to understand how the Mysterious Tablet could despawn. And do you have to defeat the Moon Lord first? The stats of the boss? I think the idea is good but I don't understand enough.

Not really sure about this idea. Many lucky(or unlucky) speedrunners may end up getting white cultists instead. I fail to understand how the Mysterious Tablet could despawn. And do you have to defeat the Moon Lord first? The stats of the boss? I think the idea is good but I don't understand enough.
For stats I was thinking stronger than the Lunatic Cultist but weaker than the Moon Lord as he's not the true final boss. That being said, I understand how speedrunners would hate this, similar to Pharaoh's Curse (finding the Pharaoh set in a pyramid which is the worst unique treasure to find). Seeing as it would be weaker than the Moon Lord, I'd say you don't need to kill the Moon Lord first.

Back
Top Bottom