Xbox One Solar eruption causing lag

JadedMeiji

Terrarian
Not sure if I need to put this in the bug report...

Finally beat a solar pillar and got the solar eruption.

So... back story.. finally decided to attempt the work around and play in multiplayer. He already had the solar eruption. My world and the fight had extremely bad lag... which we attributed to the multiplayer as neither us have played in multiplayer since the update.

I joined his world (my cultist didn't drop the crafting station) to craft the weapon... still insane lag... both of us tested our internet connections (we live in seperate states) and nothing was an issue there. Decided that multiplayer was broken and separated to single player world's.

The issue and subsequent "tests":

He is using the solar eruption with no issues... but when I use it in any of my world's the lag is so bad that the twins are leaving red streaks on their flight path and my toon looks like she is trying to walk through cob webs... ONLY while swinging the weapon.

In multiple single player world's (some with nothing built or set up and no events... some with tunnels lit by torches as the only thing built and one with a monstrous amount of building and npcs all together..) all of the world's work fine until I Start to swing the solar eruption then the result is the lag effect. As soon as I stop swinging it the world goes back to normal.

(Also noted before the lag spike every do often as if the game is trying to save but no sunflower shows up... sunflower now shows up even though autosave is clearly disabled.)

Yes. Though I think mine appears a bit worse only because the twins leave the red streaks behind them while I am swinging.

Is it supposed to do this?

I don't know, but once that starts to happen I think it is best to just save and exit and reload the world. But if it stays remove any dyes you might have if you have any!

I don't have dyes on and this randomly started to happen after a while of playing was also using the DCU quite a lot.

Last edited:
DCU?

Yeah the dyes have thus far only caused the occasional invisibility but that is usually when I am world hopping back and forth on farming runs/inventory management drops.

I will try stripping all the dyes. That could very well be the common difference... he took off dyes from day one due to the invisibility and weapon issues he had immediately and I would just hard reset if/when it cropped up.

Back
Top Bottom