Game Mechanics Solar Lord, Solar Cultists, Lunar Golems???

Lord chewelews

Terrarian
(sorry if this is in the wrong place i'm a bit of a bumbling idiot)
A WILD WALL OF TEXTS APPEARS
(Before you sue me for balancing issues or bad ideas, Surprisingly, I'm NOT the head of the balancing department, and it's generally past midnight when i'm writing these.)
So today I was thinking about the Golem. He's kind of difficult and cool and all, but then I started thinking about what he represents, and it's fairly simple, he represents the Solar Cultists! Then I started to think of some what if scenarios, as in what if there is a Lunar Golem, and if you destroyed them, maybe instead of Moon Lord, you would be fighting against the Sun Lord.
(oh boy lets hear chewys ways of telling stories!!!)
You've reached the battle of Plantera, you and her have an epic face-off that ultimately leads to her demise, but what now? Your first instinct is to run off to the Lihzahrd Temple you saw earlier in your quest, but now you remember that chamber at the end of the dungeon. You decide instead of being like every other person up to this point, that you're going to open that chamber. After fighting hordes of new mobs in this new dungeon, you find yourself at the chamber door. You open it, and there lies a giant, colder version of everybody's favorite Lihzahrdian Idol.

Lunar Golem
A more blue, more frozen version of the original Golem.
AI Type: Golem Body AI
Max Life: 43,000
(Head: 19,000)
(Body: 10,000)
(Arms: 7,000 each)

Attacks:
The Lunar golem will shoot frost balls that will richochet off the walls that will inflict frostburn.
Attack with his fists (Like Solar Golem)
Will randomly shoot frost balls in a pattern (Circular Pattern or Zig-Zags)
When entering Phase two (like Solar Golem) He will begin to fire freeze beams that will inflict frostburn, inflict chilled, and has a 33% chance to freeze, these lasers will have an indicator that it is about to fire (eye's flash red twice) and will continue to do all the other attacks.

Drops:
Freeze Ray:
A clone of the Heat ray, more blue and frozen. "Zap! Zoop! Zwop!"
36 dmg
6 Mana Per Sec
4% crit chance
Average Use Time
Very Weak Knockback
5% chance to freeze
33% chance to inflict frostburn
Single Fire
Doesn't Pierce

Lunar Stone:
Minor Increase to all stats! A clone of the sun stone.
Builds into Lunar Stone/ Moon stone mixture, Major increase of stats during the night. (Lunar Stone and Moon Stone's abilities multiply by 2)

Unknown Relic:
A basic clone of the picksaw, Looks Like a martian pickaxe.
Detached Beam Turret:
Looks like, well, a Detached beam turret from a martian saucer. "This isn't working?"
Fires a consistent beam of light.
24 dmg
9 Mana per Sec
4% crit chance
Very Fast Use Time
No Knockback
11% chance to confuse
2 Second delay

Gaze of the Golem:
Looks like a blue, frozen version of the Eye of the Golem accessory "All shall bow."
Enemies are now less likely to target you.
Builds into Gaze of the Golem/Putrid Scent mix. Enemies will almost always target another player if on screen aswell as a 10% damage and critical chance boost

Blooming Wrath:
Looks like a blue dungeon brick flower. "Blossoming from the blood."
Throws a big blue ball of frozen brick that bounces around like flower of fire and frost.
90 dmg, 22 mana, 4% crit chance, Fast Use Time, Very strong Knockback, 80% chance to inflict frostburn, 5% chance to freeze

Lunar Whip:
Looks like an icy whip. "WHAP!"
Throws a whip out an an opponent, able to keep out like a flail, less damage as it is left out.
145 damage (at first strike, loses 100 after first strike, damage decreases by 1 per second afterwards) 4% crit chance, Very Slow Use Time, 1 second delay, Insanely strong Knockback, VEEEERY fast projectile speed

Lunar Golem Mask:
the Solar golem mask but looks like the Lunar golem. IDK

The Lunar golem is dead. You celebrate and pick up his luxurious loot, and you run. What you didn't know is that this game's story has changed not very much at all actually.

2 hours later...
You've done everything, Pirates, Pumpkins, and Aliens. There's one thing you have to do, and that is save the world of Terraria from the Apocalypse. You go to the dungeon one last time, shoot down some orange-robed hooligans, and find yourself face to face with a madman. Now, this isn't just your everyday Lunatic Cultist fight, this one starts with a sizzle, and end's with a bang.
Solar Lunatic Cultist:
A Solar Version of the Lunar Lunatic Cultist
Max Life: 30,000
AI Type: Lunatic Cultist AI
The Solar Lunatic Cultist is the same fight except for the cosmetic outfit change.

You've done it. You've beaten the Lunatic Cultist and stopped the Apocalypse. But what's that? You haven't? Oh well I guess it's Lunar Event for the same time. But There's one change. The Solar Pillar has been replaced by the Lunar Pillar, with all new enemies and Lunar fragments and :red:.

COMING SOON
Lunar Pillar and it's stuffs, Sun Lord and it's stuffs, Balances/Nerfs/Buffs of existing stuffs. Don't H8 M8.

TL;DR Lunar Version of Golem, choices on Golem, Golem Choice decides whether you fight Solar Lunatic Cultist or Lunar Lunatic Cultists, Sun Lord Moon Lord variant with recolored drops, yays!
(I will work on fixing stuff and shizz)
I am open to Constructive Criticism and will Gladly take Suggestions! I am also accepting Sprite art of items/reskinned bosses! Thanks for reading, Ciao!

-chewelews

Last edited:
I think this a great idea! It would nice to get a choice at the end if the game to get alternate ending. I can imagine the Lunar Golem looking badass :cool:. I fully support this.

So if the two golems are in the same temple, Orig would be at the top of he dungeon?

Having an Ice Temple sounds like a better way to have the Lunar Golem compared to the Dungeon as Aeolus has said. Not sure how difficult it would be for the devs to implement whether its a new room in the Dungeon or the Ice Temple. Since the Ice biome is more of a counterpart to the Jungle it feels like compared to the Dungeon.

So once you've beaten one of the Golems, are the Lunar/Solar? Group of bosses locked to that world forever, or could you kill the other Golem to get the other group of Lunar/Solar bosses to appear after you've beaten the Lunar/Solar? Event?

Since Solar appears to be swapping with Lunar would this also cause a Lunar Pillar to appear in place of the Solar Pillar in the event if you are fighting the Solar group of enemies? (Lunar Golem, Sun Lord etc.)

The Lunar Golem, two different groups of Cultists, and Sun Lord should also have different patterns while still having a similar level of difficulty to their counterparts, as well as the Sun Lord dropping different types of goodies compared to the Moon Lord (Weapons that have different ways to use them) so it doesn't feel like the player is just fighting a Palette swap of the current bosses.

Overall I wouldn't be opposed to alternate counterparts to the End Game Bosses, but they should still feel like you're fighting a slightly different group of bosses. Similar to how the items and enemies from the Crimson don't have direct counterparts to all of the Corruption features (Some basic similarities can remain the same of course. A good balance of similar yet different, sorry that its hard to explain).

What would the alternate items dropped be?

More Sun/Jungle Temple-like weapons that are similar to the Moon Lords drops with gimics such as the On Fire! Debuff and stuff like that as well as it's own set of drops such as it's own type of yoyo or it's own sword and stuff like that

Having an Ice Temple sounds like a better way to have the Lunar Golem compared to the Dungeon as Aeolus has said. Not sure how difficult it would be for the devs to implement whether its a new room in the Dungeon or the Ice Temple. Since the Ice biome is more of a counterpart to the Jungle it feels like compared to the Dungeon.

So once you've beaten one of the Golems, are the Lunar/Solar? Group of bosses locked to that world forever, or could you kill the other Golem to get the other group of Lunar/Solar bosses to appear after you've beaten the Lunar/Solar? Event?

Since Solar appears to be swapping with Lunar would this also cause a Lunar Pillar to appear in place of the Solar Pillar in the event if you are fighting the Solar group of enemies? (Lunar Golem, Sun Lord etc.)

The Lunar Golem, two different groups of Cultists, and Sun Lord should also have different patterns while still having a similar level of difficulty to their counterparts, as well as the Sun Lord dropping different types of goodies compared to the Moon Lord (Weapons that have different ways to use them) so it doesn't feel like the player is just fighting a Palette swap of the current bosses.

Overall I wouldn't be opposed to alternate counterparts to the End Game Bosses, but they should still feel like you're fighting a slightly different group of bosses. Similar to how the items and enemies from the Crimson don't have direct counterparts to all of the Corruption features (Some basic similarities can remain the same of course. A good balance of similar yet different, sorry that its hard to explain).

The only reason I didn't suggest the Ice temple is because of how hard it would be to implement, hence the dungeon instead, and it's similar to how when you make a world it either gives you corruption or crimson, but this time you have a choice and decision on what happens afterwards, Meaning it would in theory lock you out of whichever golem room you didn't open.
and I still can't comprehend why I didn't think about the lunar pillar replacing the solar pillar xP.
The Lunar Golem would also, yes, have slightly different attacks while also keeping the golem fight feel to it, as well as de-buffs surrounding the idea of essentially, an ice golem, with the ability to freeze you and slow you, while the Solar Golem would gain more debuffs based on damaging you over time, with the On Fire! debuff and other stuff like that. The Same with the Solar Lunatic Cultist and the Sun Lord. Also, Solarite would drop from the Sun Lord other than Luminite, and Lunar Armor would now be a thing to replace Solar Armor, with it being similar with it's own little perks to it.
I don't have ideas for the Lunar Pillar but i'll think of some :p
I'm also Going to edit around with the OP to make it not look ew
(including the possible idea of ice temple)

Just out of curiosity, you don't have to choose between solar and lunar, right? You can fight whichever one you want and switch between them whenever you want?

Well in all honesty this is a better way to insert a sun lord into the game than what's normally proposed. It's going to be on an equal footing as the moon lord right?

Well consider me interested, I'll be watching this thread.

and it's similar to how when you make a world it either gives you corruption or crimson, but this time you have a choice and decision on what happens afterwards, Meaning it would in theory lock you out of whichever golem room you didn't open.

That makes sense. Considering how you can only get Corruption or Crimson. Its interesting that the player would get to choose the last set of bosses to fight in this case though. Sort of similar to how you make a decision in a Visual Novel and get locked to a certain route for the rest of that playthrough. Its good for going along with Crimson and Corruption for further increasing the replayability of Terraria.

Some of those new items like the Blooming Wrath sound great! I'll be looking out for the new stuff you come up with!

I like this a lot! HOWEVER, I think that the Solar Lunatic (which should probably have a unique name, like Forgotten Cultist, but something that sounds good. Also a dinosaur bone mask rather then a raven mask would be cool) and the Solar Cultists (maybe they would be the White Cultists?), should be fought in the Lihzahrd Temple.

It would technically be impossible, but if you're a cheater or you defeat plantera again, you could get another temple key and unlock the other temple and do that storyline.
You know, if instead of replacing the bozos at the Dungeon post-golem with solar cultists, you could put the solar cultists at the other side of the map on some kind of structure, and have another different lihzahrd (maybe human) temple in the snow biome (with different traps, enemies and loot) and give the player a choice on who they want to beat the :red: out of endgame.
I suggest not modifiying Solar pillar however: you can say stardust is the lunar pillar. Otherwise, you'll have to add different loot for the same class (you can't just turn that into a thrower class pillar, what about those people who wanted to play melee? also don't bother with the thrower class atm, some people and I are working on that).
Also it would be better to turn Sun Lord into Sun Lady, though generally the sun is viewed as the male entity and the moon is the female one.
If you make two different temples, you can branch the storyline into two right after Plantera, which is genius! This revealed a lot of potential in this suggestion.

P.S.: The format is making it rather awkward and difficult to read.

I understand why meh isn't enough, but it's not like it's WAY less than...

I dont know about this idea...

Terraluxurio, I'm DEFINATELY not criticizing you, I'm just saying that your answer isn't MUCH bigger than mine.

So, here's my full answer...

I don't really think it's needed, and it's been suggested at least 20 times before. Couldn't you just reply to one of those other threads? I like the fact that you're trying to help the game along, but I don't think this idea's that brilliant.

Back
Top Bottom