Solar/Lunar Phase Calendar with Randomized Monoliths

AlexanderStarship

Steampunker
@DRKV and I made this Solar/Lunar Phase Calendar with monoliths for random celestial events for an adventure map I'm making. It announces the days of the week, moon phases, and fishing power + or - % for that phase. You can set this to your worlds current moon phase. Terraria's moon goes through a different phase each night, and there are 8 of them. When a Full Moon happens there is a 3/4 chance no monolith will activate, and a 1/4 chance one of the four monoliths will activate. The monolith will stay active until the next-night/moon-phase.
According to Wiki if at least one player has more than 120 life, a Blood Moon has a 1 in 9 chance (11.11%) of occurring on any night (except a New Moon because no Moon is present during a New Moon). Each monolith has a 1 in 8 chance (12%). So they have about the same chance as a Blood Moon. I only have the monoliths attempting on a Full Moon but you could easily change it to attempt every night. For some reason I can't insert the video I uploaded. It and the world download can be found below.

No Wires.png

Wires.png

Attachments

• Solar-Lunar_Phases.wld
    2.7 MB · Views: 119
  • MoonPhase.webm
    4.2 MB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom