tModLoader Solidified Potions

If I were to add infinite-use healing potions, how many potions should it take to craft?

• More!

Votes: 21 19.1%

Votes: 24 21.8%

Votes: 49 44.5%
  • Less!

Votes: 16 14.5%

• Total voters

dtim

Terrarian
Description

Create accessories from buff potions that provide the same benefits but with infinite duration. Further combine these accessories into custom combinations to create truly powerful pieces of equipment.

Basic solidified potions for nearly every buff can be made at any placed bottle. Combining the solidified potions themselves requires an Alchemy Table obtained from the Dungeon. Right-click an Alchemy Table to open the reforge-like interface.

If you're not interesting in accessories but are looking for different types of potions then you should know that this is now the home of Khaelis' potions. Also a new set of original potions is in development.

Special thanks to:
doomday83 - This is based on his Compressed Potions mod, with his permission.​

Also thanks to:

Khaelis for permission to add his potions to this mod.
jopojelly, bluemagic123, and everyone else who has worked on tModLoader.
DivermanSam for permission to use his potions and help in understanding TremorMod.
Hiccup251 for permission to use his potions from Prefixes for Enemies and for the code behind them.
Graydee for permission to use her potions from Crystilium.​

Honorable mention to bug reporters:
FurSofa, Matakor, ÐarkŁight, Khaelis​

Download

Mediafire
tModLoader server

Version 0.5.0 - Jan 30, 2017
  • Support for Crystilium potions added. Invisibility potion and Khaelis' Panacea potion can now be solidified.
  • A "Preview" setting has been added that you can turn on to see what kind of potion you will create when combining. Like The Rules, this is controlled by the host in multiplayer.
  • Remote administration now available. See near bottom of post for details.
  • Introducting a new, unique potion: Tim's Anchor Potion. Dramatically increases player's falling speed.
  • Complex potions cannot be sold until a tModLoader bug is fixed.
  • Tim's Fishing Potion fixed in multiple ways. Also, recipe adjusted.
  • Complex potions: Archery effect is now visible, Crate effect should not interfere with modded crates, Prefixes for Enemies' "Reconstruction" effect is now working as intended.
  • The order of effects on tooltips has been altered to make life easier for me.
  • Rebalanced Conflagration and Frost-Heart effects when solidified-stacked.
  • Other minor fixes and adjustments.
Additional Notes

There were a lot of changes this time so please let me know if you spot an effect that doesn't seem to be working properly or if a tooltip line actually disappears (they have been reordered so look closely). Dealing with modded potions with effects that overlap (e.g. two effects that both increase melee speed) is more complicated than I thought (mostly in terms of displaying the numbers correctly) and the "nerf" will take a different form. I will be looking at the potions individually and some of the maximum effects may be lowered.

Version 0.4.0 - Jan 20, 2017
  • The way that multiplayer syncing is handled has been changed. Many effects that were not reflected on other players' clients now will be. Let me know if you notice any additional lag -- because you shouldn't.
  • Khaelis' potions now complete (except for Panacea).
  • Khaelis' Fearless potion was actually slowing melee speed. This has been fixed.
  • Crate potion effect is now increased when solidified-stacked. I think this is the last potion effect that is not a simple on/off.
  • Based on feedback, expert mode increased scaling and caps have been removed. A new expert mode system is in the works.
  • Fixed a bug where solidified potions were dropping when Softcore players died. Fixed a related bug where "blank" copies of the solidified potion would appear in multiplayer.
  • Introducing a new, unique potion: Tim's Fishing Potion. Gives a chance to catch multiple fish at once. Feedback on cost vs effect is welcome.
Version 0.3.2 - Jan 17, 2017
  • Fixed the reforge that I broke in 0.3.0. Yay?
Version 0.3.1 - Jan 17, 2017
  • Fixed bug where Quick Stack to Nearby Chests in multiplayer caused potions to lose all their stats.
  • Solidified-Stacking effects now scale quicker and have higher caps in Expert mode.
Version 0.3.0 - Jan 16, 2017
  • Fixed bug where solidified potions dropped from Mediumcore/Hardcore player death caused potions to lose all their stats.
  • In multiplayer The Rules can only be turned off or on by the Host.
  • You can now solidify Khaelis' potions (except for Panacea) into Basic solidified potions. Combining into Complex still disabled until further testing is completed.
  • Fixed bug where prefixes could be lost if alchemy interface was closed with potions still inside.
  • Adjusted some of the bonus effects.
  • Altered how bonuses are determined for certain effects.
  • Adjusted Battle potion effect scaling.
0.2.5 - Jan 11, 2017
  • Fixed multiplayer interface bug.
  • Khaelis' "regular" potions have been added to the mod. Solidifying them not implemented yet.
0.2.0 - Jan 9, 2017
  • Changed chain colors around a bit. Concept is iron->bronze->silver->gold->colored.
  • Added support for ThoriumMod's buff potions.
  • Added support for Prefixes for Enemies' buff potions.
  • Fixed Archery potion effect to only work with arrows.
  • Battle and Calming potion effects are now increased when solified-stacked.
  • Shine potion effect can now solified-stack for brighter light. Note: may cause your character to look unnatural.
  • Heartreach should now reach farther when solified-stacked.
  • Titan now causes more knockback when solified-stacked.
  • Mod should work with multiplayer now.
0.1.1 - Dec 31, 2016
  • Updated to tModLoader 0.9.1
0.1.0 - Dec 31, 2016
  • Initial release

Next Release

Expert mode. NPC maybe?​

Compatibility Notes

MoreAccessories+ expansion slot should work fully in multiplayer.
CheatSheet's expansion slots are NOT fully multiplayer compatible.
Reforging via HERO's Mod causes items to lose their stats.​

Potions

Khaelis' Potions

These are regular drinkable potions that can be created at a placed bottle or Alchemy Table. All the credit for these goes to @Khaelis. I'm simply giving them a good home.

KhaelisArtilleryPotionDrink.png
Khaelis' Artillery Potion - Increases Rocket damage by 15%
KhaelisBewitchingPotionDrink.png
Khaelis' Bewitching Potion - Increases Minion damage by 10%
KhaelisBouncyPotionDrink.png
Khaelis' Bouncy Potion - Negates fall damage
KhaelisClimberPotionDrink.png
Khaelis' Climber Potion - Allows the ability to climb walls
KhaelisDragoonPotionDrink.png
Khaelis' Dragoon Potion - Increases jump height
KhaelisFearlessPotionDrink.png
Khaelis' Fearless Potion - Increases Melee attack speed by 10%
KhaelisManaforcePotionDrink.png
Khaelis' Manaforce Potion - Increases max mana by 10%, Maximum mana will not surpass 400
KhaelisThrowingPotionDrink.png
Khaelis' Ninja Potion - Increases Throwing damage and critical chance by 10%
KhaelisPanaceaPotionDrink.png
Khaelis' Panacea Potion - Removes most debuffs, 5 second cooldown
KhaelisPenetrationPotionDrink.png
Khaelis' Penetration Potion - Increases armor penetration by 5
KhaelisSniperPotionDrink.png
Khaelis' Sniper Potion - Increases Bullet damage by 10%
KhaelisStaminaPotionDrink.png
Khaelis' Stamina Potion - Increases Defense by 5 and Movement speed by 5%

Original Potions

Potions that I am in the process of developing.

TimFishingPotionDrink.png
Tim's Fishing Potion - Gives chance to catch multiple fish
TimAnchorPotionDrink.png
Tim's Anchor Potion - Greatly increases falling speed

Accessories

Basic Solidified Potions

The basic accessories are made from 30 of the particular buff potion and a chain.

SolidifiedAmmoReservationPotion.png
Solidified Ammo Reservation Potion
SolidifiedArcheryPotion.png
Solidified Archery Potion
SolidifiedBattlePotion.png
Solidified Battle Potion
SolidifiedBuilderPotion.png
Solidified Builder Potion
SolidifiedCalmingPotion.png
Solidified Calming Potion
SolidifiedCratePotion.png
Solidified Crate Potion
SolidifiedDangersensePotion.png
Solidified Dangersense Potion
SolidifiedEndurancePotion.png
Solidified Endurance Potion
SolidifiedFeatherfallPotion.png
Solidified Featherfall Potion
SolidifiedFishingPotion.png
Solidified Fishing Potion
SolidifiedFlipperPotion.png
Solidified Flipper Potion
SolidifiedGillsPotion.png
Solidified Gills Potion
SolidifiedGravitationPotion.png
Solidified Gravitation Potion
SolidifiedHeartreachPotion.png
Solidified Heartreach Potion
SolidifiedHunterPotion.png
Solidified Hunter Potion
SolidifiedInfernoPotion.png
Solidified Inferno Potion
SolidifiedIronskinPotion.png
Solidified Ironskin Potion
SolidifiedInvisibilityPotion.png
Solidified Invisibility Potion
SolidifiedLifeforcePotion.png
Solidified Lifeforce Potion
SolidifiedMagicPowerPotion.png
Solidified Magic Power Potion
SolidifiedManaRegenerationPotion.png
Solidified Mana Regeneration Potion
SolidifiedMiningPotion.png
Solidified Mining Potion
SolidifiedNightOwlPotion.png
Solidified Night Owl Potion
SolidifiedObsidianSkinPotion.png
Solidified Obsidian Skin Potion
SolidifiedRagePotion.png
Solidified Rage Potion
SolidifiedRegenerationPotion.png
Solidified Regeneration Potion
SolidifiedShinePotion.png
Solidified Shine Potion
SolidifiedSonarPotion.png
Solidified Sonar Potion
SolidifiedSpelunkerPotion.png
Solidified Spelunker Potion
SolidifiedSummoningPotion.png
Solidified Summoning Potion
SolidifiedSwiftnessPotion.png
Solidified Swiftness Potion
SolidifiedThornsPotion.png
Solidified Thorns Potion
SolidifiedTitanPotion.png
Solidified Titan Potion
SolidifiedWarmthPotion.png
Solidified Warmth Potion
SolidifiedWaterwalkingPotion.png
Solidified Water Walking Potion
SolidifiedWrathPotion.png
Solidified Wrath Potion

Notes about potion effects:
  • Invisibility potion will decrease the player's aggro in addition to making them transparent. The more that the effect is solidified-stacked the less aggro and the more transparent the player will be. When hit there is a time period where the player will be fully visible. The length of time also decreases with solidified-stacking.
ThoriumAccuracyPotion.png
Solidified Thorium Accuracy Potion
ThoriumAquaPotion.png
Solidified Thorium Aqua Potion
ThoriumBloodPotion.png
Solidified Thorium Blood Potion
ThoriumCombatPotion.png
Solidified Thorium Combat Potion
ThoriumConflagrationPotion.png
Solidified Thorium Conflagration Potion
ThoriumFrenzyPotion.png
Solidified Thorium Frenzy Potion
ThoriumFrostHeartPotion.png
Solidified Thorium Frost-Heart Elixir
ThoriumGlowingPotion.png
Solidified Thorium Glowing Potion
ThoriumHolyPotion.png
Solidified Thorium Holy Potion
ThoriumSilverTonguePotion.png
Solidified Thorium Silver Tongue Potion

Notes about Thorium potion effects:
  • Conflagration Potion's damage and health regen reduction will decrease as the effect is solidified-stacked.
  • Frost-Heart Elixir will constantly slow the player by 10%. A stronger freezing effect will be applied when the solidified potion is equipped, when it is removed, and every half minute. While the freezing effect is in place the player receives the buff's full effects. The increase in defense and health regen are halved the rest of the time.
CosmicBattleDancerPotion.png
Solidified Cosmic Battle Dancer Draught
CosmicDuelistPotion.png
Solidified Cosmic Duelist Draught
CosmicEarthenPotion.png
Solidified Cosmic Earthen Draught
CosmicFlightPotion.png
Solidified Cosmic Elixir of Flight
CosmicReconstructionPotion.png
Solidified Cosmic Elixir of Reconstruction
CosmicShockPotion.png
Solidified Cosmic Shock Tonic
CosmicSteelPotion.png
Solidified Cosmic Elixir of Steel
CosmicTenacityPotion.png
Solidified Cosmic Tenacity Tonic

Notes about Cosmic potion effects:
  • These are potentially very powerful effects. When solidified-stacked they hit their maximum effect sooner than most other effects.
KhaelisArtilleryPotion.png
Solidified Khaelis' Artillery Potion
KhaelisBewitchingPotion.png
Solidified Khaelis' Bewitching Potion
KhaelisBouncyPotion.png
Solidified Khaeli's Bouncy Potion
KhaelisClimberPotion.png
Solidified Khaelis' Climber Potion
KhaelisDragoonPotion.png
Solidified Khaelis' Dragoon Potion
KhaelisFearlessPotion.png
Solidified Khaelis' Fearless Potion
KhaelisManaforcePotion.png
Solidified Khaelis' Manaforce Potion
KhaelisThrowingPotion.png
Solidified Khaelis' Ninja Potion
KhaelisPanaceaPotion.png
Solidified Khaeli's Panacea Potion
KhaelisPenetrationPotion.png
Solidified Khaelis' Penetration Potion
KhaelisSniperPotion.png
Solidified Khaelis' Sniper Potion
KhaelisStaminaPotion.png
Solidified Khaelis' Stamina Potion

Notes about Khaelis' potion effects:
  • Panacea potion will periodically remove debuffs. The time between removals decreases as the potion is solidified-stacked.
SolidifiedTimFishingPotion.png
Solidified Tim's Fishing Potion
SolidifiedTimAnchorPotion.png
Solidified Tim's Anchor Potion

CrystiliumCrystalPotion.png
Solidified Crystilium Crystal Potion
CrystiliumDustbreakPotion.png
Solidified Crystilium Dustbreak Potion
CrystiliumGranitePotion.png
Solidified Crystilium Granite Potion
CrystiliumMarblePotion.png
Solidified Crystilium Marble Potion
CrystiliumThrowingBoostPotion.png
Solidified Crystilium Throwing Boost Potion
CrystiliumTwilightPotion.png
Solidified Crystilium Twilight Potion

Alchemy Interface

The more complex potions are made from combining these potions two at a time. When you right-click an Alchemy Table the interface will appear, allowing you to place two solidified potions (either the basic type above or the complex ones) for combining.

Once you press the Combine button the resulting potion will appear on the mouse cursor.

SPM-Interface.png

SPM-Combine.png

SPM-Result.png

SPM-Potion.png

Complex Solidified Potions

When you combine solidified potions together the result will be one of the six types of Complex Solidified Potions depending on the effects that are being combined. If a majority of the effects fall into one of the five categories (some of the effects have multiple categories) then that is the type of solidified potion that will be produced. If there is no clear majority then the resulting potion will be labeled "Weird."

CombinedCombatPotion.png
Solidified Combat Potion - directly affect offense or defense
CombinedEngineerPotion.png
Solidified Engineer's Potion - building and mining skills
CombinedExplorerPotion.png
Solidified Explorer Potion - movement, detection of enemies and traps, avoidance
CombinedFishingPotion.png
Solidified Fishing Potion - fishing skills
CombinedVitalityPotion.png
Solidified Vitality Potion - directly affect health or mana
CombinedWeirdPotion.png
Solidified Weird Potion - mixed effects

In the example above, a Solidified Regeneration Potion combined with a Solidified Endurance Potion resulted in a Solidified Vitality Potion because both regeneration and increasing maximum health directly affect the player's health.

If effects categories are slightly mixed the potion will be labeled "Flawed." This only changes the effects if they have been stacked as described below.

Note that you can only have one of each of these six types equipped. You cannot, for instance, equip two Solidified Vitality Potions. This is due to Terraria's accessory limitation combined with how this was programmed to allow any of these to be combined.

Solidified-Stacking of Effects

The same effect from a solidified potion and a vanilla drinkable potion will not stack. Nor does the same effect on two different solidified potions stack.

However, if you combine solidified potions that have the same effect then the result may have a slightly stronger effect. There are caps on how high the effects can go.

SPM-StackCombine.png
Combing two Solidified Endurance Potions that reduce damage by 10%.
SPM-StackPotion.png
Resulting solidified potion.

The increase from solidified-stacking is degraded if the potion is "Flawed" or "Weird."

Limitations

As you combine solidified potions and make ones with more effects (or higher stacked effects) the rarity of the accessory will increase. Once it reaches a certain point (the solidified potion will be labeled "Grand") you can no longer combine it. This limitation can be turned off under the settings menu - click the gear-like icon for it to appear. I wouldn't recommend doing this unless you really want to break your game.

Other Examples

SPM-CompressedMasterFishing.jpg
"Master Fishing Potion"
SPM-CompressedMasterMining.jpg
"Master Mining Potion"
SPM-CompressedUltimateCombat.jpg
"Ultimate Combat Potion"

Remote Administration

To control settings like "The Rules" remotely you will need to place a file on the server. Create a folder called "Mod Configs" in the same place where the other tModLoader folders such as "Mods", "Players" and "Worlds" is. Within that folder put a text file called "SolidifiedPotions.json" with the following content.

Code:
{
    "SolidPass": "mypassword"
}

Replace "mypassword" with your choice of passwords, no spaces and leave the quote marks. Also be sure to put the curly braces in the file.

When you connect to the server use the chat command "/solidpass mypassword" and you should receive acknowledgement. You can then change the settings. The server will not remember that you are flagged for changing the settings so you will need to use this command each time you connect (and are wanting to change the settings).

Final Notes

There are a couple of tricks that I put in that I leave for players to find.

Future Plans
  1. Breaking solidified potions. I'm going to add the option of destroying a solidified potion and getting (some of?) the components back.
  2. Adding an NPC for various uses.

Last edited:
Nice to see a infinite potion mod that rewards time, effort and common sense. Unlike most others around
Good job my man

Holy cow this is awesome. Also, yay, bonuses.

I'm doing quite a bit of experimentation. Makes me feel like an alchemist.

Last edited:
  1. Settings menu. I'm considering removing this entirely. Breaking the limits was mainly for testing. I may listen to feedback on this.

I'm having fun experimenting with the potions. Might as well keep the settings menu. It's not like it hurts and it assists in the experimentation phase.

Okay, so Thorium's potions will be supported in the next release. You can thank DivermanSam for giving me the info I needed.

I'm not sure what to do about Conflagration Potion or Frost-Heart Elixir since the debuff aspect shows that they are intended for short-term use. Of course if you really want to be on fire all the time, why should I care? Maybe a random proc for the freezing debuff? Boy, that could be annoying. :merchantgrin:

Okay, so Thorium's potions will be supported in the next release. You can thank DivermanSam for giving me the info I needed.

I'm not sure what to do about Conflagration Potion or Frost-Heart Elixir since the debuff aspect shows that they are intended for short-term use. Of course if you really want to be on fire all the time, why should I care? Maybe a random proc for the freezing debuff? Boy, that could be annoying. :merchantgrin:
Nice to hear about thorium support :D

For Conflagaration, perhaps it does less damage to you as the Tier goes up?

Frost Heart's tricky. I mean, yeah. the time it keeps you frozen can be decreased while still providing the buff, but I reckon the problem is the proccing? Maybe rather than a random proccing, it could be a cooldown that the player can keep track of until they raise it to Master/Grand whereby it'd provide Immunity: Freezing?

For Conflagaration, perhaps it does less damage to you as the Tier goes up?

Frost Heart's tricky. I mean, yeah. the time it keeps you frozen can be decreased while still providing the buff, but I reckon the problem is the proccing? Maybe rather than a random proccing, it could be a cooldown that the player can keep track of until they raise it to Master/Grand whereby it'd provide Immunity: Freezing?

On the one hand I would like to keep the risk/reward nature of the potions. On the other hand... hmm...

On the one hand I would like to keep the risk/reward nature of the potions. On the other hand... hmm...
maybe it could slow you down instead of outright freezing you

Does the accesories give you the buff or the benefit without the buff?

The basic accessories give you the buff. The complex ones have a single buff for each accessory regardless of how many effects it gives.

These don't stack with compressed potion's do they? I kinda like the compressed battle potion giving it's affect from my inventory.

Back
Top Bottom