tModLoader Solidified Potions

If I were to add infinite-use healing potions, how many potions should it take to craft?

• More!

Votes: 21 19.1%

Votes: 24 21.8%

Votes: 49 44.5%
  • Less!

Votes: 16 14.5%

• Total voters
I'm updating the main post right now. :)

Edit: now, did I get everything? Actually, no. Back to editing... lol

Last edited:
Do non-percentile effects still stack? E.g, Tim's Fishing Potion solidified, stack 3 or 4, do I have a higher chance to catch multiple?

Do non-percentile effects still stack? E.g, Tim's Fishing Potion solidified, stack 3 or 4, do I have a higher chance to catch multiple?

I'm working on making it more clear what actually stacks and what doesn't. Because not all the tooltips list a chance or effect % even when there is one. Case in point, Tim's Fishing potion does indeed have a higher chance when solidified-stacked. How many fish you catch is based on the fishing rarity calculations described in the wiki.

In the next version, anything that doesn't stack should have a "(Limit)" tag as soon as it is part of a complex potion.

Edit:
Most of what doesn't stack is pretty obvious, like Spelunker. Either the ore is highlighted or it isn't. About the only thing that I wish could stack is Thorium's Silver Tongue effect. But the cost decrease is way deep in Terraria's code and there aren't any hooks that I know of to mess with it.

Last edited:
I'm working on making it more clear what actually stacks and what doesn't. Because not all the tooltips list a chance or effect % even when there is one. Case in point, Tim's Fishing potion does indeed have a higher chance when solidified-stacked. How many fish you catch is based on the fishing rarity calculations described in the wiki.

In the next version, anything that doesn't stack should have a "(Limit)" tag as soon as it is part of a complex potion.

Edit:
Most of what doesn't stack is pretty obvious, like Spelunker. Either the ore is highlighted or it isn't. About the only thing that I wish could stack is Thorium's Silver Tongue effect. But the cost decrease is way deep in Terraria's code and there aren't any hooks that I know of to mess with it.
Why not find the value, then simply apply it as your own? Rather than hook it, just make it your 'own' potion effect. It may be a bit weird, but it'd work that way (or should, I'm not a programmer).

And I get why some wouldn't work, spelunker's being the obvious one. What about builder's, and standard fishing?

Why not find the value, then simply apply it as your own? Rather than hook it, just make it your 'own' potion effect. It may be a bit weird, but it'd work that way (or should, I'm not a programmer).

And I get why some wouldn't work, spelunker's being the obvious one. What about builder's, and standard fishing?

Yeah, both of those increase in effect as well. If you can quantify it (like the fishing potion increasing fishing skill by 15) then I have probably made it increase when solidified-stacked.

The cost thing... the number is hard coded if that helps explain the matter to you. The Silver Tongue potion simply uses the same bit of code as the Discount Card (so they don't stack). As a modder I can turn that discount on or off but there's no way to change the number itself.

So far that is the most popular option. :merchantwink:

I was thinking maybe 500, but that seems a little too much. Heck, you could even argue 300 is too much. I mean if you craft 300, why not just use them?

Eh, no point in arguing it. Its there to be there. XD

Dude, after fighting enough bosses, I have nearly a thousand now, and I don't even use them that often...
[doublepost=1486273967,1486273411][/doublepost]@dtim - off topic query, any chance you could attempt a mod to allow the drill containment unit to break walls? Preferably using right click, alternatively using an 'alterate' mode, or as a last resort, a second unit that would let you mine walls like the current DCU.

Dude, after fighting enough bosses, I have nearly a thousand now, and I don't even use them that often...
[doublepost=1486273967,1486273411][/doublepost]@dtim - off topic query, any chance you could attempt a mod to allow the drill containment unit to break walls? Preferably using right click, alternatively using an 'alterate' mode, or as a last resort, a second unit that would let you mine walls like the current DCU.

Hmm... interesting... I will put it on my list of things to look into.

:D

Awesome!

I hope it's possible. I've been working on a 100% clearing of a world, and being able to kill all the walls super fast would be amazing.

Small cross-mod bug: using the reforge feature from hero's mod on a complex potion gets rid of the effects.

I was gonna report the fact that the ranged potions don't affect ammunition, but that seems to be a vanilla feature so nevermind.

Small cross-mod bug: using the reforge feature from hero's mod on a complex potion gets rid of the effects.

I was gonna report the fact that the ranged potions don't affect ammunition, but that seems to be a vanilla feature so nevermind.

The reforge thing should probably be reported to HERO (or Jopojelly?). His mod should be calling the pre- and post-reforge hooks if it's going to reset the items that way.

The ranged potion... you mean Archery, I guess? It actually does affect ammunition (in both vanilla and my mod) but you can't see it (in both vanilla and my mod).

Back
Top Bottom