Items Solution to Banners cluttering Inventory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurora3500

🌳
Staff member
1.3 changed how Banners were acquired by the player. Instead of being a 1% drop from the respective enemy, every 50 kills of a specific enemy gives you the enemy banner. However this has had the issue of causing a lot of inventory clutter for a lot of players.

I still think that every 50 kills is a better system for getting banners than the before-1.3 way of being a rare drop. So my Solution to this issue is a new item I'll call "The Banner Box".

This item can be bought from the Clothier for 20 Gold. Functionally, it is identical to the Piggy Bank or Safe which means all Banner Boxes are linked to each other. This item is linked specifically to the player just like the Piggy Bank/Safe. However, only Banners can be placed into it. No other items can go into it.

If the player has a Banner Box in their Inventory, all banners received will go inside of this Banner Box instead of the Player's Inventory. Which the player can then open up at anytime to take the banners out or put back in. Naturally the limit of different banners is the same as the Safe/Piggy Bank or any Chest/Dresser, so if the Banner Box is completely full, New Banners will go into the Player's Inventory still.

Instead of needing 5+ Inventory Slots dedicated to Banners that you don't want to get rid of, they go into an Independent Storage instead that you can open up when your inventory is cleared again to sort out your banners. While you would need to dedicate an inventory slot for this Banner Box, the tradeoff of not having Banners enter your inventory I see as a great justification for requiring another inventory slot. And this would mean the current system of 50 kills to get a Banner could be kept so the players who don't want banners cluttering their inventory will be happy.

With this in mind. Do you think this would be a good solution to the current Banner System that has been an issue for many players?

This would be really useful! I can't wholeheartedly support it though, since I don't have much of a problem with keeping my banners organized, but this would be cool to see in-game! :D

With 1.4 a banner box did not happen, but by coincidence an even better item was thought of by the devs in the form of a void vault and void bag.

It allows any item to enter it's storage if your main inventory is already full. The Void Bag is a much better form of solving the banner clutter issue and is one of my top favorite new additions :dryadsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom