PC [Solved] 1 Player Teleporter?

Someonepy

Terrarian
Is that possible to create a some construction that can teleport only 1 player per once? (Or how to separate 2+ players)

Last edited:
I'm no expert... But I don't think that it is possible, since teleporters teleport everything on them. Meaning, instead, we need to prevent the teleporter from working when more than one player stands on it.
The thing is, we need some way to detect how many players are currently on the teleporter... everything after that is more or less trivial.

The thing is, I'm not aware of any switch that can detect the amount of players. Which means we need some sort of contraption. A contraption based on player location could work, but only under the assumption that two players will never enter the teleporter at the same time... which just relocates the issue to one step prior to activating the teleporter.

There might be other contraptions I simply don't know of, that use more technical knowledge of the game, but with my knowledge I'd say no.
I'd be interested to see if there is such a contraption, though.

Is that possible to create a some construction that can teleport only 1 player per once? (Or how to separate 2+ players)
There's a couple of ways to achieve this, though they may not be elegant.

One way is to restrict access to the top 3 tile area. As soon as the sensor detects someone, it teleports then blocks access or teleports other players to instant death.

A second way is to construct a counting mechanism, adding player with a pressure plate and subtracting player with proximity sensors when they step off.

As both of these are rather inelegant solutions, it would help to know the ultimate purpose you have in mind of separating players during transport.

i mean you do get teleported relative to the teleporters surface, so maybe you could have some roundabout hoik that teleports you back if you werent on the farthes block for example, but thats all i can think of at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom