Mobile (SOLVED) How to convert old Mobile .cs and .csworld files to .plr and .wld files?

LukeMaster061

Terrarian
Hello.

I have some old Terraria mobile worlds and players that are in the .csworld and .cs file format respectively. However, my Android device that has these files as well as the game is not new enough to update the game to 1.3 and 1.4. I do believe that the new updates for the mobile game convert these files to .plr and .wld files, and these can be read by the PC version. After an hour of trying to open these files on a BlueStacks emulator, I haven't had any success with moving the files to the Terraria game files. I've rooted the emulator and can get to the files, but I can't move any files to it. Other file managers can't even find the Terraria game files. At this point, I'm just looking for some kind of convertor instead of opening the files in a newer version of Terraria mobile, but I doubt any kind of convertor exists.

If you need any more info from me, just ask. Thank you for your time.

Hello.

I have some old Terraria mobile worlds and players that are in the .csworld and .cs file format respectively. However, my Android device that has these files as well as the game is not new enough to update the game to 1.3 and 1.4. I do believe that the new updates for the mobile game convert these files to .plr and .wld files, and these can be read by the PC version. After an hour of trying to open these files on a BlueStacks emulator, I haven't had any success with moving the files to the Terraria game files. I've rooted the emulator and can get to the files, but I can't move any files to it. Other file managers can't even find the Terraria game files. At this point, I'm just looking for some kind of convertor instead of opening the files in a newer version of Terraria mobile, but I doubt any kind of convertor exists.

If you need any more info from me, just ask. Thank you for your time.
Hi @Silicontent, as far as I know, the only way to get the old .cs and .csworld files to update to .plr and .wld formats, is to have the old files in the “Old Saves” folder within the Terraria game files, then launch the player and world in a 1.3/1.4 version of mobile Terraria.

If the old device can’t upgrade to 1.3/1.4, I don’t know of another way. Sorry I don’t have an answer that helps more.

I have found a solution. Instead of moving the files via the Android file manager or other third-party file managers, I found that using the Android terminal let me move files to the Terraria game files.

I started by moving the .cs player file and the .csworld world file into Terraria's OldSaves folder using the mv command.
The template goes like this:
Bash:
su
mv /mnt/sdcard/path to player.cs /mnt/sdcard/Android/data/com.and.games505.TerrariaPaid/OldSaves/Players
mv /mnt/sdcard/path to world.csworld /mnt/sdcard/Android/data/com.and.games505.TerrariaPaid/OldSaves/Worlds

I then loaded the character and world in Terraria just to make sure nothing was corrupt. Loading up the player and world also created the new .plr and .wld files I needed. I used the same process as above to move the new files to the SharedFolder, then used the Media Manager automatically installed with BlueStacks to export the files to Windows.

I have found a solution. Instead of moving the files via the Android file manager or other third-party file managers, I found that using the Android terminal let me move files to the Terraria game files.

I started by moving the .cs player file and the .csworld world file into Terraria's OldSaves folder using the mv command.
The template goes like this:
Bash:
su
mv /mnt/sdcard/path to player.cs /mnt/sdcard/Android/data/com.and.games505.TerrariaPaid/OldSaves/Players
mv /mnt/sdcard/path to world.csworld /mnt/sdcard/Android/data/com.and.games505.TerrariaPaid/OldSaves/Worlds

I then loaded the character and world in Terraria just to make sure nothing was corrupt. Loading up the player and world also created the new .plr and .wld files I needed. I used the same process as above to move the new files to the SharedFolder, then used the Media Manager automatically installed with BlueStacks to export the files to Windows.
Glad you were able to get a solution that worked for you. :)

Back
Top Bottom