PC [Solved] Looking to make 5 teleportrs connect to main via 1 switch.

Hello! I have made a build that has a starting area, Instead of forcing players into a box to teleport, I wish to have the "Floor" act as form of teleporting when a switch is used.

I have tried using logic senors to attempt to tell what teleporter to activate for the switch (As seen bellow) The issue with this design is that if a player is standing in-between two pads, the logic sensors radius is just large enough to set two pads to "Active", thus throwing the pads off course.
QgO7lzk.png

Is there a way to make a network to salve my issue? I'm stumped on what to do about this issue. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Hello! I have made a build that has a starting area, Instead of forcing players into a box to teleport, I wish to have the "Floor" act as form of teleporting when a switch is used.

I have tried using logic senors to attempt to tell what teleporter to activate for the switch (As seen bellow) The issue with this design is that if a player is standing in-between two pads, the logic sensors radius is just large enough to set two pads to "Active", thus throwing the pads off course.
QgO7lzk.png

Is there a way to make a network to salve my issue? I'm stumped on what to do about this issue. Any ideas would be appreciated!
You could join together two player sensors with an AND gate like this, so they only trigger in the area where they intersect.
QI7Fznr.png

You could join together two player sensors with an AND gate like this, so they only trigger in the area where they intersect.
QI7Fznr.png

Yeah, I did that same thing on my Speed Run map with the check point lamps. But it was a space of 1x3 that I needed the field to be.
xXCrypticNightXx could also just use pressure plates for the teleporters. `:D

QI7Fznr.png

Thanks for reminding me about the use of multi logic gates! However, there is an issue with even that design. As you see in the image bellow, there is a SMALL gap between two sets of teleporters where if standing in the right place, will enable two pads thus breaking the design.
vtMo8tn.png

Not to fear however! I went ahead and made a 100% working solution using gate checks. As pictured bellow, you can see the final product working in action, keep note that even when between two pads, only the closest pad is activated and at no point in time will any two be activated or disabled at the same time.

"Teleporter floor":
7qqZDB3.gif

The smoke in the build is optional lol, because I have OCD, I like to keep the gates off after activating. I'm simply using an AND gate with both input and output terminal's shorted. The wiring is pretty straight forward. I'm simply using gates to check the distance between each pad. This prevents any "Dead zones" that may accrue with just two single logic sensors. This design is 100% expandable too!
BzTCrq2.png

Big thanks for all your help, and for @SovereignVis idea about switches, I have thought about that, but would requre the same eual amount of work to check each individual button :c

Did I say switches? I'm pretty sure I said pressure plates. `:naughty:
One of these days when I'm not working on a mini-game map I will make a teleporter hub system, just because everyone else has made one. XD

Did I say switches? I'm pretty sure I said pressure plates. `:naughty:
One of these days when I'm not working on a mini-game map I will make a teleporter hub system, just because everyone else has made one. XD

Yeah I ment to say pressure plates lol my bad. The whole point of this build was not to be a "Hub" but to have 5 teleporters act as one giant teleporter that can be used via one switch. Sorry for the confusion lol.

You still could use pressure plates instead of a switch to trigger the teleporters. It does kind of seem odd to have 5 teleporters as 1 big one. Are you trying to teleport the Moon Lord somewhere? `:D

The smoke in the build is optional lol, because I have OCD, I like to keep the gates off after activating. I'm simply using an AND gate with both input and output terminal's shorted.
Yeah, I like those sort of "smoky" logic gates. Pretty useful. In your case, you could just replace the top lamp with a faulty one to create a standard transistor. The cool thing about smoky transistors though, is you can use them to AND together multiple conditions without an extra gate. (Well, except for the one you use to double the signal, but if you do things in bulk, you still use less gates.)

Yeah, I like those sort of "smoky" logic gates. Pretty useful. In your case, you could just replace the top lamp with a faulty one to create a standard transistor. The cool thing about smoky transistors though, is you can use them to AND together multiple conditions without an extra gate. (Well, except for the one you use to double the signal, but if you do things in bulk, you still use less gates.)

Thanks for the tip :D

Back
Top Bottom