Weapons & Equip Some accessories shoud be equipable on the vanity slot again

Vecchio

Official Terrarian
I realized that some accessories can't be equipped in the vanity slot anymore. These were apparently all accessories that previously already didn't change anything visually on the player, or didn't overlap the accessory in the equipment slot (in terms of appearance), and thus I get why this change was made. However, I still used the vanity slots as "hotkeys" most of the time. An example: I had a Yoyo Bag equipped all the time (Terrarian was my main weapon), and I would leave the Tackle Bag in the vanity slot right next to it. When I went fishing, I'd just right click the Tackle Bag, and it would immediately swap places with the Yoyo Bag, and vice versa when I was done fishing. This was actually quite handful and I'm missing this feature a lot, since now to do this swap thing, the other, unused accessory occupies one slot of my inventory. Can you guys, uh... Change it back? Unless this update was made specifically with this swap thing in mind, for balance reasons that I'm not aware of or something.

Thanks!

This is literally the only change in the history of the game I don't like. It's terrible, and a big step back. The system before with a visibility toggle button was much more sophisticated. Every accessory should go into vanity slots again.

It would at least be tolerable if there was another way to quick-swap equipment sets, but they nerfed that too! You used to be able to right-click equip accessories from the inventory and it would cycle through your accessory slots. Great system, made it easy to quickly change gear sets out of a chest. Now it only does the first slot. WTF Re-Logic!!! This is neither more fun or more balanced. Please fix.

It would at least be tolerable if there was another way to quick-swap equipment sets, but they nerfed that too! You used to be able to right-click equip accessories from the inventory and it would cycle through your accessory slots.
Completely agree. Would be cool to see this feature back or they adding some other form of swaping equipments.

What bugs me the most is all the fishing equipment that can't be stored in vanity, it's just a hassle opening my money trough each and every time.

Yeah, switching out accessories based on circumstance was such a quality of life thing...now I have to devote inventory slots to super niche items, I just go without them entirely now. I want to switch stuff on the fly in case the going gets rough, especially if I'm playing in Master Mode.

I also think that the vanity slots are mostly used for storage, storing 5 more accessories in normal, and 6 in expert, I think that it was a really good feature, and this change seems rather unnecessary, accessories barely make a visual difference. The level of zoom in 720p screens compared to 1080p screens though make a huge visual difference.

1.4.1 has come and gone, plus two more hotfix patches, and still they haven't fixed this. It should be considered a bug. It actively annoys me every time I play now.

Back
Top Bottom