Game Mechanics Some bestiary entries

2mg

Terrarian
I've an issue completing these:

The Mushroom Zombies seem to spawn only in above ground Mushroom Biome, I've never seen one underground. You also need to either wait for night or force it with Graveyard.
I also don't remember ever seeing a Mushroom Skeleton, but I've the entry.

The other evil Mimic means you have to infect a part of your world and cross your fingers for one to spawn. Graveyard could be a better fix here, allowing the other evil Mimic's key.

And the hardest so far - the 3 costume Halloween Skeletons. Since Halloween is in HM, that means Cavern Skeletons are replaced by Armored and Archer versions most of the time.
So you have not only win (wave 15) the Halloween event, you have exactly one day to find all 3 costumed skeletons (which replace only pre-HM skeletons), which is very frustrating.

Also, good luck getting a Windy Day and have it spawn the Angry Dandelion in HM. Yes, it's available in pre-HM, but it's so overtuned in Master Mode, you don't wanna fight it at all.

And the hardest so far - the 3 costume Halloween Skeletons. Since Halloween is in HM, that means Cavern Skeletons are replaced by Armored and Archer versions most of the time.
So you have not only win (wave 15) the Halloween event, you have exactly one day to find all 3 costumed skeletons (which replace only pre-HM skeletons), which is very frustrating.
The reason why I gave up on completing the bestiary in all my characters currently.
But thinking in another way I think it is still possible to change the date of the pc to trigger halloween in pre-hardmode, although that goes a little out of the normal rules of the game.

The Mushroom Zombies seem to spawn only in above ground Mushroom Biome, I've never seen one underground. You also need to either wait for night or force it with Graveyard.
I also don't remember ever seeing a Mushroom Skeleton, but I've the entry.

The other evil Mimic means you have to infect a part of your world and cross your fingers for one to spawn. Graveyard could be a better fix here, allowing the other evil Mimic's key.

Also, good luck getting a Windy Day and have it spawn the Angry Dandelion in HM. Yes, it's available in pre-HM, but it's so overtuned in Master Mode, you don't wanna fight it at all.
I had no problem with these others.

Graveyard could be a better fix here, allowing the other evil Mimic's key.
Excellent idea.

Last edited:
I did it, Zenith spam for 3 straight ingame days. And that required Pumpkin wave 15 each night...
Yes, the problem is not even a wave 15, the problem is finding the three monsters, and in the end, completing the bestiary is quite possible for anyone who wants it, the source of my problem may be the fact that I don't have much fun trying to spawn each creature.

Back
Top Bottom