Switch Some bugs/issues I found on the Switch version

Malevolence

Terrarian
Hi, I play Terraria on PC but also on Switch, and I see some issues/bugs with the switch version (cartridge version).
This is all about the cartridge version, I don't own the digital version so not sure if the same issues are present there, for example: Loading times & frame drops.

- Game crash in the ocean biome in a large world (not expert world).
- Odd ocean biome creation, almost no water, very strange setup.
- Sandstorms are happening 99% of the time non stop, this is very annoying, specially when starting the game, because the storm pushes you back and in the beginning you cannot pass the desert.
- Constant frame drops, worse when playing split screen, specially when opening chest full of items.
- A lot of items are missing their description so you don't know what they do.
- Smart cursor can be difficult to target blocks first, smart cursor prioritizes putting a torch instead of mining the block. Mining a block should be higher priority in my opinion.
- Smart cursor will mine the block that you are hooked to. Higher priority should be other blocks around and I remember that on PC the smart cursor does not mine the block where you are hooked.
- Smart cursor sometimes does not work correctly when putting walls.
- King Slime sometimes doesn't spawn but you can hear the boss music.
- If you press 'Y' you can auto lock on enemies, problem is that is also your heal button, so you waste your heal all the time trying to lock on enemies, bad binding.
- Auto lock sometimes will automatically change your target to a target that is not in line of sight.
- Auto lock will stop working after a while for no reason, or it seems to be working some times but missing the cursor, seems buggy.
- If you press home while the game is running, suspend the console, then you turn on the console, the game will likely crash (not always but happened a few times).
- Loading/saving a large world is very slow.

The Sandstorms bug is the most annoying one of all, it can be frustrating at times.

Thank you.

Hi, I play Terraria on PC but also on Switch, and I see some issues/bugs with the switch version (cartridge version).
This is all about the cartridge version, I don't own the digital version so not sure if the same issues are present there, for example: Loading times & frame drops.

- Sandstorms are happening 99% of the time non stop, this is very annoying, specially when starting the game, because the storm pushes you back and in the beginning you cannot pass the desert.
- Constant frame drops, worse when playing split screen, specially when opening chest full of items.
- Smart cursor can be difficult to target blocks first, smart cursor prioritizes putting a torch instead of mining the block. Mining a block should be higher priority in my opinion.
- Smart cursor will mine the block that you are hooked to. Higher priority should be other blocks around and I remember that on PC the smart cursor does not mine the block where you are hooked.
- If you press 'Y' you can auto lock on enemies, problem is that is also your heal button, so you waste your heal all the time trying to lock on enemies, bad binding.
- Auto lock sometimes will automatically change your target to a target that is not in line of sight.
- Auto lock will stop working after a while for no reason, or it seems to be working some times but missing the cursor, seems buggy.
- If you press home while the game is running, suspend the console, then you turn on the console, the game will likely crash (not always but happened a few times).

The Sandstorms bug is the most annoying one of all, it can be frustrating at times.

Thank you.
Hi there @Malevolence thanks for sharing these issues. DR Studios (the dev team bringing Terraria to console and mobile) will be bringing a big update to the Switch version. There is no estimate yet. I would suggest waiting for the update and then seeing if these issues are still present.

For the game crashing in the ocean biome - I'm assuming it's the right ocean. One workaround that works for most is to have your zoom at 0% before entering the area in which you normally crash. Keep zoom at 0% the entire time you are there.

Thank you.
Don’t forget about the stairs!

Back
Top Bottom