Drawings & Paintings Some character drawings by Sora_92

Sora_92

Terrarian
Sometimes I get some inspiration to try drawing some of my characters, when in the middle of a playthrough, or after it.
I showed some of them before in some discord channels, but not here yet, so I thought, if some might be interested, I show them here too.
They are just clumsy doodles, I'm not that good with drawing, but I try my best...
These are older drawings, from 2018-19 or so, I might will add some more when I draw some new ones.

A doodle of Corru & Crim
CorruCrimIcon.png
Some of you might know this duo, the Corruption fangirl and the Crimson fangirl from Wacky NPCs mod (or its predecessor, Corru Crim NPCs mod). It's a very clumsy doodle... I might will try to draw them again later, hopefully it will turn out better.

Corru_and_Crim_NPCs.png

Player character doodles

Asklephy
character - Asklephy.png

Name: Asklephy
Race: Lamia
Nature: good hearted, mischievus
Class: Melee (+Healer), Photographer(?)
Signature weapon: Chain Knife

Asklephy is a male lamia, and he was my first modded character. My first tries with modded included Chad'sfurni, Wildlife and Overhaul mods only, and at first he would just struggled from the harsh weather. Soon enough I downloaded other mods too, Thorium, and several smaller mods, and had a playthrough on a new map, which was both about trying out building in modded (utilising cheat sheets) as well as some adventures.

His biggest achievement is probably completing the "Terrarian Monster Almanac Vol.3" from Adventures mod. Which is the pinnacle photo album made by fusing all the pre-hardmode photo albums together. Photography quests are pretty fun too.

He's melee class with some little attempts of trying out the healer class too. His signature weapon is the chain knife. And he's focused on having lots of HP (demon blood armor, archangel heart, heart locket, etc.) and regen.
Due to issues with Overhaul mod back then, - it just crashed in the ocean like all the times - his playthrough ended post-Golem, pre Duke Fishron & Abyssion, and I moved to another playthrough.

Still, I grown really fond of this good hearted, mischievus lamia boy, so I tried to draw him.

Asklephy_colored.png

Valeria
character - Valeria.png
Name: Valeria
Race: Pseudo-demon (used to be human)
Nature: merciless with foes, benevolent with villagers
Class: Cleric (corrupted)
Signature weapon: Crimson Scythe

"Is it a windmill? Is it a meat grinder? No, it's Valeria, the dark priestess!"
Valeria got the main character's role in my second modded playthrough. This one included Thorium and Overhaul as main mods from the start, and with a rule for myself not to use cheat sheet for building on this one, so everything in her town is aquired via legitimate methods.

This merciless woman used to be a normal human priestess, but her thirst for power draw her to the dark side, and in the end, she started worshipping the gods of the Crimson. Digging deeper into the dark arts in crave of more power turned her into a pseudo demon, growing horns and later wings too.

She may not be the hero the villagers wanted or deserved, but nevertheless, she crushed all the various monstrosities haunting her home island, and she's generally friendly with villagers.

In the end, she defeated the Ragnarök too restoring balance to some extent, but distorting it in her own image, becoming the most powerful being in the archipelago, casting a dark shadow on the lands who mostly followed a Sun Goddess cult before. Now Valeria become something like a goddess herself too.

She may, or may not wanted to stop her aging, and be younger again, so upon the powers released after her victory over the Ragnrök, might made a wish to turn younger... May or may not causing that the newly most powerful being turned into a little girl... That might be not the age she wished for...

Valeria_coloredB.png

Haru
character - Haru.png

Name: Haru
Race: Human
Nature: Cute and narcissistic
Class: Bard
Signature weapon: Strawberry Heart

The protagonist of another playthrough, with Thorium, but without Overhaul - Overhaul is great, but highly limiting regarding builds with burning down and floodding everything... - on the other hand, this playthough used cheat sheet as an aid for building again, because it's convinient)

Haru is a cute male idol. His home island is generall farther from others, so he wasn't perticularly bothered either by the Sun Goddess cult, or Valeria's cult, and unlike most other characters' home, his home island had corruption instead of crimson. He found no interest in utilising the powers lying withing that gloomy, withered land filled with disgusting creatures, and generally his own narcissistic nature protects him growing too interested in whatever powers such a biome could offer. He cares a lot about looking adorable, and as he's the "most adorable creature in the whole world" - that is what's on his mind - such a dark biome wouldn't fit him at all.

He loves pink, and tries to use pink weapons and tools as much as possible. (Yay for Illumite!)

He's focusing on string instruments and he's talented! With all the ricotchetting guitar sound projectiles, he's definitely an adorable pink weapon of mass destruction. His concert was a big hit even with the Moon Lord! He didn't tried to face the Ragnarök though.

He's highly vain and self-absorbed, but nevertheless a friendly and very adorable boy. When he's not on the stage with a ragin electric guitar in hand, he surely would hand out several highly-valuable(?) autographs.

He's probably my favorite out of all the terraria characters I created so far.

Bard_Haru_colored.png

Chrysanta
character - Chrysanta.png

Name: Chrysanta
Race: Gold dragon
Nature: greedy
Class: Mage
Signature weapon: Enchanter's sword, Blood boil

Similarly to Haru's, Chrysanta playthough had Thorium as main mod and several other small mods, and no Overhaul.

A majectic, noble gold dragon woman, Chrysanta was chosen to try to oppose the power of Valeria, returning the world to balance again with being a power of good, and growing as powerful as the dark priestess.
However... Chrysanta is hardly a power of good. While she's not evil, she's a chaotic neutral character (most of my characters are usually that) and she was extremely quickly dazzled by the shining radiance of gold coins. She is a dragon afterall.

So, while she definitely defeated all the monstrousities menacing her island, this was not due to a good heart, but out of her extreme greed and craving to grow her dragon hoard more and more. And with more powers and possibilities, her greed just grown even further.

A talented and powerful fighter, Chrysanta managed to defeat the Ragnarök just like how Valeria did before - except it was a much more elusive battle than Valeria's who really abused the nurse's powers to win over the Regnarök (granted, with Overhaul mod, and Slag Fury constantly setting the character on fire... On fire would killed Valeria faster than the 3 figures of the Regnarök would...)
becoming a serious power to recon, restoring equilibrium to a small extent, but hardly moving it to the side of good.
Most of these heroes are neutral afterall.

Although her greed knows no bounds, she's nevertheless a fine ally of the villagers she was meant to protect.

Chrysanta_colored.png

Flann
Flann.png

Name: Flann
Race: Human? Fox-girl?
Nature: tenacious, lucky
Class: Melee/Mage
Signature weapon: Katana & Ruby staff, (Vampire knives in late-game)

Those who followed my huge wall of text of explanations about taking the "Crimson Challange" know Flann and her story, in quite the depth,
But to put it short,

Flann is a girl who had her story taking place on "Crimsoned Island" a land full of crimson (the jungle is pure, and there's some hallow too since the start). (Vanilla playthough with 1.4.0.5, no mods. the map was turned crimson via T-edit)

Flann is an odd girl who considers herself very lucky - she's probably quite suprestitious as well - and while she's certainly favored by Fortuna, part of what seems to be her luck is actually her tenacity. She's tough and persistent when she wants something, which partly hails from her experiences with early game where the thing she wanted is just simply surviving. Due to that, she turned into quite the battle-hardened girl, but it's not really fighting she enjoys the most.

She just generally enjoys life, be it building, a litte early-morning fishing, enjoying the breeze, or a large platter of sauteed frog legs (if you ask her, she probably would say her favorite food is hamburgers, but the most common thing to land on the dining table of her home is usually frog, because that's one of the most abundant edible critter to catch on her island. and fish. she likes that too, she's not one to complain about food much. though there are probably food she hates too).
She's also quite proud of her hanging gardens, and also greatly enjoys outsmarting gnomes to grow her collection of garden gnomes even further (rummors say she has around 70 garden gnomes all around the island)

rumors also say she's quite rich, but she's generally not one to really care or be concerned about money.

while she fought quite some bosses, one of the victories she's the proudest of out of them is probably when she defeated Brain of Ctulhu the first time granting her her crimtane armor, and ending her struggles with the tough environment. That time, armed with her beloved Katana and Ruby Staff, and the Crimtane armor, she finally left the survival stage, and got to enjoy the prosperity stage. Some of the grandest buildings were built on her island at this time too.

Later too, she's just one to enjoy life. "if life gives you crimson..." "...turn it into a prosperous and pleasant land"...?
however grotesque that might sounds.
Flann is definitelly one who knows that you can live a fun life even in the crimson. (she never been to any other islands though so she can't really compare, but as far as her island is concerned, she's certainly one who would call it her "sweet home". Others probably would consider her a girl missing a few wheels, but it's simply that she adapted to her environment, which is not the lush green forest towns most characters call home, but a land of crimson red.

Deadland comes alive,
and a lucky girl lives there,
Flann's Crimson Sweet Home.

Flann_colored2.png

Albus
character - Albus.png

Name: Albus
Race: Human? Vampire? Angel? who knows...
Nature: persistent, doesn't shows much emotions (at first glance)
Class: Summoner/Mage
Signature weapon: various whips and minions (and some magic weapons) - blade staff, stardust dragon staff, morning start, kaleidoscope are among the favorites.

Albus is the main character of the playthrough I did, right after when 1.4.1 came out. It wasn't any specific challange, just an expert playthrough, but it had quite some impressive stuff, and awesome achievements in it, so it inspired me to draw him.

Initially, I didn't decided on his class yet at the start, but about 1 minute in the new playthrough, a pinky spawned. (it actually caught me off guard first, and I got defeated, but it stayed around the spawn, so I could defeat it after Albus respawned) It dropped a slime staff. So, like, less than 5 minutes in the game, I got that, and so decided to do a summoner playthrough.
(not stricly summoner. also used other weapons too when necessary, mostly some magic weapons when range was important. but generally used summoner weapons most of the time on this playthrough)

Albus is a cute boy who doesn't seem to show much emotions on the surface, but is actually not emotionless at all. He probably enjoys the company of pets and minions, late pre-hardmode had all sorts of minions summoned the same time. Later usually had just one or two types though, because of some are stronger, plus it counts as less buffs, so less likely to hit the buff cap.

He looks somewhat like an angel, but some theorize he's actually a vampire (his world is named "Empire of Vampires" after all... well, it was a playthrough at Halloween season) - it can be that's party is why his hair is pure white. but it's also quite likely, he has white hair since birth, and that's why he's named Albus - either way though, he won't get hurt by sunlight or anything like that. So questionable if he's a vampire... Or maybe he gets life elixir from the stone of the sages he wears on his arm?
He often do looks like an angel descended from heaven, but enemies will quickly learn that he won't hesitate to punch them in the face with a morning star or some other whips... XD
So, his race is quite myserious. One thing is true for sure, he looks adorable.

Despite how some would assume, he's extremely agile and fast, and also quite strong. While, like most summoners, heavily relies on minions, he do can deal quite the dmg. with whips, or magic weapons.

He wears a flinx fur coat, but guess he doesn't feels that hot even when in the desert or such - in fact, he finds the almost entirelly hallowed desert of his world quite to his like, since the underground desert's violet colors are quite similar to the colors of his attire. I guess he loves violet color.
He wears a violet, velvety, hard beret and an obsidial rose as a hair adornment (yay for 1.4.1 for allowing multiple hair accessories. so, I wanted to try out that aswell!), and a charm of myths as an armband.
On the drawing, he also has the ankh shield, which he do uses too, but it's normally hidden. I added it on the picture because wearing that morning star like that without anything like a shield behind it could end up hurting him... XD (I just thought to modify the ankh symbol to a mars symbol, because the ankh could looked a bit like a venus symbol, and he is not a girl. although I guess he is a trap XD He's so adorable~!

On the drawing, he uses the blade staff, which he actually used for most of early-mid hardmode, but late game he mostly used the stardust dragon (but that's harder to draw... XD lol)

While he looks quite weak, he's very powerful, I managed to defeat the Empress of light on exper for the first time with him, and several other, late-game bosses the first time for expert, like betsy, and even the moon lord himself! (most of them not on the first try, but anyway. that's where perseverance is part of his persaonality too.)
Also managed to complete the bestiary too! For the first time in a playthrough.
So, did several impressive achievements with him. He's a very fun, and very strong boy. And he's adorable! XD

Albus - colored.png

Last edited:
Great character and great adventure! As expected, I await more and stand aware that this stuff takes time. One cannot rush greatness, after all. `:happy:
Ahaha, thank you!!
Were you following the playthrough? Did you like it? I would love to hear your opinion on it, if you were following it.
I agree too, that it was a great and fun adventure. And Flann is cute!

Dunno yet what will the next playthrough focus on, on who will be the main character. XD lol
And not all characters and playthroughs end up really inspiring a picture. some are just somehow kinda unlucky being not so memorable, nevertheless, I like those characters too though.

Ahaha, thank you!!
Were you following the playthrough? Did you like it? I would love to hear your opinion on it, if you were following it.
I agree too, that it was a great and fun adventure. And Flann is cute!

Dunno yet what will the next playthrough focus on, on who will be the main character. XD lol
And not all characters and playthroughs end up really inspiring a picture. some are just somehow kinda unlucky being not so memorable, nevertheless, I like those characters too though.
If my reactions are anything to go by, then yes! I find it fascinating when a member puts an in-depth twist on a thread response. <3

If my reactions are anything to go by, then yes! I find it fascinating when a member puts an in-depth twist on a thread response. <3
Thank you!
I do tend to write super long post sometimes, and many probably just ignore them XD lol - I tried adding tons of screenshots to make it much more interesting (I wouldn't likely read it either without them XD lol if they would been just some huge wall of text.) I think it was really fun, and if some other terrarians enjoyed reading about it, I'm glad I written those posts!

Thank you!
I do tend to write super long post sometimes, and many probably just ignore them XD lol - I tried adding tons of screenshots to make it much more interesting (I wouldn't likely read it either without them XD lol if they would been just some huge wall of text.) I think it was really fun, and if some other terrarians enjoyed reading about it, I'm glad I written those posts!
I'm glad you're having fun! The more, the merrier! `:D

I think my absolute favorite is Flann (Mostly cause I love the Crimson because of my morbidity so I had a connection to the character living in the Crimson)

My second has to be Albus, I love his color scheme and how cool he looks. Both personality cool and drawing cool.

Hi.
Hmm... I didn't thought about it before, but, tell me what would be your request.
I'll decide after, whether to take it or not.
Well my request would be a drawing of my OC killing the Destroyer.

My OC is Axios, Ninja Hood, Demon Wings, Adamentite Chestplate and leggings, gold cross necklace, and wields the base excaliber.

You can have him killing the destroyer in any way.

Last edited:
Well my request would be a drawing of my OC killing the Destroyer.

My PC is Axios, Ninja Hood, Demon Wings, Adamentite Chesapeake and leggings, gold cross necklace, and wields the base excaliber..

You can have him killing the destroyer in any way.
Mmm... what about other things? like personality, fighting style, anything like that?

Back
Top Bottom