Some Coder for Hire, maybe... (+rant or something)

So basically, I got into coding, learned a good deal of C#, made some things, then looked at Calamity's sprites then looked at how everyone I'm close to has no interest in Terraria, and kinda gave up.

A friend then had made a deal to draw sprites, they lost complete interest in helping me and they have no interest in Terraria what so ever.
A different friend of mine was going to make these showcases, she never did it, so here's my crappy quality version instead:
Before you ask about items, they aren't any really, it's just bosses, that's all I had interest in making.
You may have noticed the lack of new sprites, well the only new sprites arn't drawn by me, and the few there are are drawn by the guy who helped me, but then forgot about this.

I had to get this out there so I could prove I can code, but I didn't want to spoil it but now I don't really have a choice since I'm just not up to par with what's required to make an acceptable mod here...
To me this is a big deal, I came from the dying Serious Sam Francise over to Terraria, over there the community is fractured, the devs don't even communicate with the community, and I watched it die; there was no stopping it. I was hoping I could start over here, where things are what they used to be back then there, been there for 15 years...
Or we could put it through a quote in one my favorite games:
Hear me exalted spirits, hear me. Be you Gods or Devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home, a wanderer seeking refuge. – (https://sacrifice-shiny.wikia.com/wiki/Eldred)

I'd like to give a BIG shoutout to @jopojelly and Dark;Light on the TLoader Discord for making this possible.
And while I had planned to ask sooner, @Joost8910 for a bit of code I used and made into a universal projectile making function.

Ahoy IDG! This is a bit of an ironic situation, as I happen to be a spriter without a coder! Reading and watching through what you've posted has piqued my interest, so I couldn't resist to ask if you'd be interested in helping a mod I've been planning for a while? It currently goes by the name The Synergy Mod, and it's still in its planning phase. More info about it can be found on the link posted, which will also lead to the Docs' document on everything planned so far. I don't have much to post in terms of my proof of being a spriter, as I've recently moved onto a new PC from my old laptop, but I do have very few sprites I could show you as of now (one of which being my avatar.) Perhaps this could be the beginning of a new dawn... of course if you're interested. If so, hit me up!

phase_1_and_2_by_terribilisscriptor-dcmwbri.png

im currently doing art for this beauty. so if you wanna do bosses feel free to private message me if you would be interrested in making this a standalon miniboss.

@IDGCaptainRussia Can you still help a mod out we are down to one coder that actually codes
Sorry, I don't really join mod teams anymore, not after the :red:fest that was being on the SLR team
now a-days I only do stuff for trades/commissions or if I want to help out personally
regardless, I looked at your forum history and I'm not seeing any page for this mod you want help with, so I have no idea what to expect

It will be on @Spazmatism Ω's history but yeah i get it its been two years since you posted this thread
No offense but this project looks... bad
It reminds me of what I was doing when I 1st started out, so instead of giving you :red: "feedback", I'm going to give you some advice that worked for me:
Use Placeholder sprites, and learn to code, just make stuff on your own accord, look up things online, study the code of other mods, and improve yourself as a coder.
Once you've done that, SHOW (don't tell) the world what you can do, and then, AND THEN, you can ask for spriters and help.

Don't ask for help if you can't help yourself 1st.

It reminds me of what I was doing when I 1st started out, so instead of giving you :red: "feedback", I'm going to give you some advice that worked for me:
Use Placeholder sprites, and learn to code, just make stuff on your own accord, look up things online, study the code of other mods, and improve yourself as a coder.
Once you've done that, SHOW (don't tell) the world what you can do, and then, AND THEN, you can ask for spriters and help.

Oh we already do that in fact I just got my first post ml boss in

Last edited:

At first, I did I Placeholder sprites. I still do, but since this mod is public, I don't want crappy sprites. I want to give others something whilst I work on improving my coding.
Also, study the code of what mods. The only code of any mod I've been able to use is the Example Mod. Which other mods have their code public?

Oh we already do that in fact I just got my first post ml boss in
It's not fully coded. I've finished the AI but I can't get it to drop stuff.
Also, YOU just got the 1st post ml boss in. You mean me and @(Ske)bble just got the first post-ml boss in.

My- my sprites look crappy? ;(

I’m jk. I’ll make sure to get the sprites done better! Thanks for the feedback!

Back
Top Bottom