Some forum issues: Editing Thread Title / E-mail notification / No titles received

Gara

Steampunker
Hello and sorry for my english, I have problems with the new forum and are the following ones:

So I want to constantly edite my Thread Title and I don't know how to do it (when I post it).

I'm receiving e-mails from everything and I searchead a way to disable it and doesn't works!
I even used the following e-mail option, and doesn't works:
4b4bbe6486a5ea7bccd6b09cfb1cc6ab.png

Also (it is less important) when I created my account I did it with the Valve loggin and I have got no title.
Can someone help me?

Thank you in advance and I hope than my thread is understandable!

So I want to constantly edite my Thread Title and I don't know how to do it (when I post it).
Members cannot edit a thread title once it is created. You need to report it and request that a staff member change it.
We're happy to do that, but not sure what you had in mind with 'constantly' changing it.

I'm receiving e-mails from everything and I searchead a way to disable it and doesn't works!
Did you remember to save the changes on the dialog once you changed it? Also, there may be another setting somewhere that also affects that; we'll look into it.
I seem to be getting those emails as well.

Also (it is less important) when I created my account I did it with the Valve loggin and I have got no title.
Can someone help me?
The process for ownership verification runs once daily, it may take 24 hours for it to process. Also, your Steam profile must be public for the verification process to work.

Thank you for your response.

When I said "constantly" I mean for example, if I release a version of something (map, mod etc), I want to be able to edit the thread title with the new version name. Like an update.

And yes, I saved everything and I'm still getting e-mails T_T

There are two places you need to remove the email notifications from:

First is under Preferences -> Options which you can access via holding the mouse over your profile at the top right.

The second one is under Contact Details, make sure they are unchecked. You should no longer get any notifications via email.

Finally you need to unwatch any threads that were automatically set to watch during the period you had this setting, so those are nulled.

Last edited:
When I said "constantly" I mean for example, if I release a version of something (map, mod etc), I want to be able to edit the thread title with the new version name. Like an update.
We are happy to make occasional changes like this for you, just report the opening post with your request and we'll take care of it.

Thank you guys, seems like the massive e-mail invasion is fixed by now. Was me mad and forgot to disable @Marcus101RR option.

And about the title, don't you will get a tons of work? Its disabled for something special? Sorry if I'm annoying, just curious.

EDIT: OH NOES! the disable option does not work gonna try the @Mr. Mystery one.

Thank you guys, seems like the massive e-mail invasion is fixed by now. Was me mad and forgot to disable @Marcus101RR option.

And about the title, don't you will get a tons of work? Its disabled for something special? Sorry if I'm annoying, just curious.

I couldn't understand the last thing about the title? Can you rephrase, ask it more clearer? Are you talking about the "Official Terrarian" title that you recieve for hooking your Steam Account and verifying the account ownership of the game?

EDIT: Make sure you remove the watched threads!

Finally you need to unwatch any threads that were automatically set to watch during the period you had this setting, so those are nulled.

You can access them here:

I was talking about Thread Title Changing, so sorry for being confusing, first time in an english community, have to improve more my english ^^'

I was talking about Thread Title Changing, so sorry for being confusing, first time in an english community, have to improve more my english ^^'
Yeah, it is highly important that you choose your Thread Titles wisely, they will change it here and there from time to time, but not every day. In moderation they will change it if there is a reason to. So make sure to choose wisely and double check your titles before posting, always use PREVIEW before finalizing.

If you requested a thread title change every day, we'd probably suggest that you try a different approach ;)

But we've done it for people on TerrariaOnline, in practice it's not done by many people and is easy for us to do.

Allowing people to change their own thread titles would be a serious problem for the staff, and be enormously confusing for the rest of the community. No forum that I know of would allow this.

If you requested a thread title change every day, we'd probably suggest that you try a different approach ;)

But we've done it for people on TerrariaOnline, in practice it's not done by many people and is easy for us to do.

Allowing people to change their own thread titles would be a serious problem for the staff, and be enormously confusing for the rest of the community. No forum that I know of would allow this.
Except the "Social Forums" at this time, I am aware you can change the title of your "Clan & Server Title" only.

Why, exactly (out of curiosity)?
People would abuse it, change topics mid-stream, constantly change a thread title to avoid staff scrutiny, etc. I can see responsible uses for the privilege (as @Marcus101RR points out for social groups), but most would not use it responsibly.

Do they allow it on IGF (out of curiosity)?

Imagine allowing members to change their own user name, or how the privilege of alternate accounts was abused on TO. Much easier for the staff to change a title or name now and then.

Do they allow it on IGF (out of curiosity)?
We do. I was just wondering what members can do (in the realm of rule breaking) that can't be done by editing the main post of a thread. It's a pretty sweeping assumption that most users would abuse it. Rule breakers are going to break the rules anyway, so why take away a useful feature from normal users?

Maybe allowing people to edit thread titles when they reach X rank would be a nice option. Or giving a special rank for trustable people than needs to edit titles and avoid spam to reach the X rank mentioned.

Also (I don't know if it's implemented yet) let the people to edit titles in special forums like Mods, Tools etc. would be great.

Is the first time than I see that, I'm in a lot of big Spanish communities and you can edit the title, I can understand than there is an English community with a global people that it means, more trolls XD

PS. When I read myself in english I look like a 5 years old kid writting in a forum, so sad!

We do. I was just wondering what members can do (in the realm of rule breaking) that can't be done by editing the main post of a thread. It's a pretty sweeping assumption that most users would abuse it. Rule breakers are going to break the rules anyway, so why take away a useful feature from normal users?
I'll concede the point, perhaps they wouldn't. But IGF is a much smaller community than TO/TCF. Other than the usual suspects, you all see to be a pretty orderly crowd there.

Blu might have a better explanation of the distinction between the communities (she might even agree with you).

Also (I don't know if it's implemented yet) let the people to edit titles in special forums like Mods, Tools etc. would be great.
We might look at this down the line, once we settle in a bit.

But overall, it's not been a big issue for us to change them on TO, and I wouldn't expect that to happen here.

Moderate the rule breakers, leave the legitimate users to their own devices. The title is arguable the most important part of a thread, why shouldn't users be able to change it?

Besides, it's not like disallowing users from changing thread titles is going to stop anyone from trolling...

Back
Top Bottom