Items Some lunar weapons suggestions

Typhoon

Terrarian
I always thought that 2 weapons are just not enough and we need something else

Twinkle launcher: Third Stardust weapon that launches something similar to Stardust pillar enemies: twinkles (that are yet spawned by twinklepopper)
basically walking grenades that will stroll to closest enemy and explode after touching it. Just like grenades they will explode anyway but after a bit longer.

Technically it still "summons" creatures to fight (explode) for you so it may still fit Stardust theme and give summoners weapon to make living minefield and deal some damage when minnions are gone somewhere (just when you need them -,-) additionaly I think thats quite fun concept.

Vortex dart gun: Third Vortex weapon that uses darts as ammo and has chances of giving distorted effect (so called vortex acid) to its targets

I think that every major ranged projectile weapon could use vortex version for bigger damage and interesting bonus. Additionaly I think vortex acid needs some love.

Solar blades: Third solar weapon 2 blades that can attack at rapid speed and deal massive damage on short distance similar to arkhalis they can also reflect some projectiles if you manage to touch them

Solar is melee themed and we forgot about swords (O_O) we can also revive unique (not that unique now) arkhalis attack effect

As you may notice there is no Nebula weapon (help) because apparently I ran out of ideas (._.)
Of course all opinions are welcome and everything up to discussion

Actually decent ideas. Twinkle Launcher sounds like it would be best suited as an upgrade to the Queen Spider, which is a weapon with an excellent attack pattern (though very outdated by endgame). I’d use the hell out of it.

Not sure how inflicting Distorted on enemies would work. Endgame dart weapon is very welcome, though. Though considering the Vortex theme, I always imagined the third Vortex weapon as a magnet sphere that fired bullets. We could make this weapon a magnet sphere that fires darts, but the fire rate would have to be adjusted because cursed darts are really nutty.

Solar Blades is just a really cool name. As an additional mechanic, I’d suggest making it fire a projectile upon release, making it sort of like a charged weapon that deals damage while it’s charging.

Yeah, it’s hard to come up with ideas for Nebula. You can tell by the fact that the existing Nebula Blaze is one of the most unoriginal weapons ever. One concept I had for the 3rd nebula weapon was to make it a Rainbow Rod that doesn’t suck. So it would do piercing damage, not disappear when touching walls, and fire secondary projectiles. Kind of like a controllable Flairon.

Cool ideas! I actually forgot about spider queen and how similar it is to our twinkleppoper (on which I based this weapon)

Magnet sphere dart gun for vortex really sounds like more fun especially in its space, futuristic theme

Solar blades with charging abillity would be devastating on close-mid range (and not only :D)

And yes nebula is quite hard topic, rainbow rod that doesnt suck sounds encouraging and piercing whole line of enemies to be simply swept by incoming nebula arcanum would be satisfying

Overall some really great ideas and would be very excited to see them added to terraria 1.3.6 especially the solar blades as i am a huge fan of the arkhalis

oOoOh i have an idea for that third nebula weapon

Nebulae Rod - Creates a nebula that follows the cursor that explodes into multiple 'dart'-like bursts when hitting an enemy.

For a mage weapon perhaps another magic gun could be added. The Laser Machine gun from the Martian Invasion is one of my favourite weapons in the game

These seem like great ideas, as for the mage weapon perhaps some kind of Water bolt upgrade, the Nebula bolt or something.

How about the Nebula Ring:

It'll basically be a weaker version of the Last Prism
[doublepost=1556692817,1556692732][/doublepost]Nebula Rod? Maybe? Upgraded Water Staff (forgot what it's called)

How about a nebula staff which is basically an upgrade to the spectre staff. When it hits a tile or enemy it explodes into 5 nebula projectiles which home in making this weapon good for crowd control.

Actually the ELF Melter 2 style of weapon would be an awesome idea… But with a little bit of shadowflame doll effect on it (got inspired by the re-use of unique weapon mechanic ;) ) while still retaining accuracy, maybe even flame curving towards the targets, allowing for easy crowd control.

Actually the ELF Melter 2 style of weapon would be an awesome idea… But with a little bit of shadowflame doll effect on it (got inspired by the re-use of unique weapon mechanic ;) ) while still retaining accuracy, maybe even flame curving towards the targets, allowing for easy crowd control.
Terraria does need more flamethrowers.

Back
Top Bottom