Game Mechanics Some more options to increase performance?

What options would you like?

• Togglable particles

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Togglable block animations

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • None, my PC can handle them all just fine

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

Zee_Zed

Spazmatism
As you might know, Terraria requires a pretty good PC, even if it doesn't look like it. Owners of low-end PCs (including me :p) often struggle to run the game with acceptable framerate. So, here's my suggestion: More graphical options!

I think the game is really lacking a particle setting. Everybody knows that the devs like to make everything spark ;) Well, here's a problem. There should be a setting to decrease or even turn OFF all particles. I can see how much it would help :p

My second idea are togglable block animations. Most crafting stations and some deco are animated. I placed a lot of them in my house and guess what? It's unplayable now! Don't get me wrong, the animations are cool, but I think it's worth it to sacrifice them for some extra frames :D

So yeah, here are my ideas. If you have some more, you can comment them down below :)

Yeah, my PC isn't very good at running terraria. First starting a world: 60 FPS. But then as my base expands with more NPCs, more Crafting Stations, it cansometimes get all the way down to 10 FPS until i leave the area.

It wouldn't hurt to have the option and it would benefit a lot of people, so I think this is a very good idea.

I don't see why not they should add the option and I can see it helping many people (including myself). Great idea!

Back
Top Bottom