Other Some (mostly simple) suggestions to make the game even better

TOMKA

Terrarian
Here are my suggestions to improve the game. Don't get me wrong, Terraria is an amazing game, but I think this suggestions will make even better.

Here are the suggestions in no particular order:

Right now it's impossible to get Sunflower Minecart and Ladybug Minecart unless you got lucky to get them from a Living Wood Chest (and I sometimes don't even have Living Trees in my world). This makes these minecarts way too rare, so I suggest an alternative way to get them: Shimmer. My idea is to introduce swapping them (the same way you can swap Angler quest rewards) with Shroom Minecart:

Shroom Minecart -> Sunflower Minecart -> Ladybug Minecart.

I've also seen a person suggesting the usage of Leaf Wand instead of the Shroom Minecart.

Decorative Banners that spawn in various structures can be obtained from biome crates. As a person who likes building, I'd appreciate having a way to get more banners from the pyramid, floating islands or from the dungeon without having to generate another world.

I really enjoyed the hotfix that improved a lot of sprites. However, there are more sprites that should be redone since some of them don't use new revamped palettes or haven't been changed since the 1.2 era of the game when everything had a dark gray outline. Some sprites that definitely should be tweaked:

1) (Top priority!) Shroomite Digging Claws and Pulse Bow don't use the new Shroomite Palette (just a simple palette swap is needed). Honestly, this is just something that annoys me more than it probably should.

2) Some quest fish (like Fallen Starfish) could use new palettes.

3) Seedler, Star Wrath and Meowmere could be slightly tweaked to change the Dark gray parts of the outline.

4) Tsumani has dark gray otlines for some reason. I really don't know why since all the other Duke Fishron drops don't do that.

5) Candy Corn Rifle, Revolver, Jack O' Lantern Launcher, Molotov Coctail and Bat Scepter should definitely be tweaked. They have gray otlines amd haven't been updated in a while.

6) Chaingun and Bloody Machete could be improved. They also haven't been updated in a while and could get a new coat of paint.

7) The Sticky and Bouncy versions of Bombs and Grenades are incocnsistent. Grenades seem to change shape for some reason, Bouncy Bomb and Bouncy Grenades still have gray outline.

8) In the hotfix Wooden Hammer and Crimtane Bars got new palettes. Is it intended to resprite entire sets in future updates because right now it just creates some inconsistencies for no reason.

This wall of text is finally over. I really like the sprites from this game and want to see older ones improved.

I doubt this suggestion will be added, but it would be awesome if more chests could be locked using a Chest Lock. Although that would require a lot of sprites. It'd also be awesome to be able to lock doors, but that is even more work.

Being able to craft all the dungeon furniture and obsidian furniture would be greatly appreciated. Right now a lot of dungeon and obsidian furniture peices can only be found in the world.

My last suggestion is to do something to make Cascade obtainable in hardmode worlds, in case someone decides to get it for some reason.

Sorry if I sound a bit too critical. I just want to make this game even better. I hope at least some of these suggestion will be implemented.

That's all for now. I wish everyone an amazing day!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom