Votes: 10 100.0%
  • Yeah, but just more doors like the current ones

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not really

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

giras

Golem
Terraria has a lot of doors, but them act the same just opening to the left or right. What about some doors that acts diferent, like sci-fi door opening up, disapearing (maybe a laser one?) doors that cant be opened without wire... etc`:D
I did some UFO base a couple weeks ago and the worst part were the doors, can imagine it? A UFO with regular Martian doors... 'o_O (or the NPC opening them all the time...)
I need security doors, laser doors, trap doors!`:passionate:

Last edited:
Here's what I did: acutators on 3 blocks, 2 player only pressure plates(1 on each side), and of course, wire on the mentioned items. Or just active stone blocks instead of acutators

Thanks for the advice Aa13873`;), actually that was what I did, with zafire gemstones to fit the martian blocks. But you know, thats is just a trick, I would like real new doors, with all posible posibilities imagine the ideas! `:cool:`:p

Maybe a block that is placed in the background but if activated by wires it shoots a laser beam that damages you if you walk into it

Laser door
4836407470194688.png

Maybe a block that is placed in the background but if activated by wires it shoots a laser beam that damages you if you walk into it

Yeah, that sounds so cool too. But I guess it is a trap? Can you actually pass through it?

Laser door
4836407470194688.png

Nice sprite Melty, you reminded me the doors Metroid series usually use (like in Fusion or Super). There were a few, red only opened by misil, green with super misile, yellow with... maybe super bomb? All those were awesome.

I hope developers think the same Dragonian72 :p and my other idea too, the text color change for the Lifeform Analyzer and the problem with the ammo.

Last edited:
Yeah, that sounds so cool too. But I guess it is a trap? Can you actually pass through it?

Nice sprite Melty, you reminded me the doors Metroid series usually use (like in Fusion or Super). There were a few, red only opened by misil, green with super misile, yellow with... maybe super bomb? All those were awesome.

I hope developers think the same Dragonian72 :p and my other idea too, the text color change for the Lifeform Analyzer and the problem with the ammo.
you couldn't pass through it unless you turned the laser off

I think:
Trapdoors should have variations (eg. Boreal Trapdoor, Martian Trapdoor).
So should Tall Gates.
Tall Gates should block the 5 blocks directly above them if the space is empty.
Locked doors can be crafted by combining a Lock with any door. They can only be opened if you have the key but it will not be consumed.
Keys can be made with 2 bars of any metal (Copper, Tin, Iron, Lead, Silver, Tungsten, Gold and Platinum) combined with a Key Mold. (Note that using gold will NOT make a golden key)
Key molds can be made with 2 bars of any metal but will not be consumed on crafting Keys.
Locks can be made with a mold plus 3 bars and the mold WILL be consumed.
Key texture: doorkey.png
Mold texture: doorkeymold.png
Lock texture: Coming soon.
Door textures: Coming soon.

Last edited:
I think:
Trapdoors should have variations (eg. Boreal Trapdoor, Martian Trapdoor).
So should Tall Gates.
Tall Gates should block the 5 blocks directly above them if the space is empty.
Locked doors can be crafted by combining a Lock with any door. They can only be opened if you have the key but it will not be consumed.
Keys can be made with 2 bars of any metal (Copper, Tin, Iron, Lead, Silver, Tungsten, Gold and Platinum) combined with a Key Mold. (Note that using gold will NOT make a golden key)
Key molds can be made with 2 bars of any metal but will not be consumed on crafting Keys.
Locks can be made with a mold plus 3 bars and the mold WILL be consumed.
Key texture: View attachment 198903
Mold texture: View attachment 198906
Lock texture: Coming today.
Door textures: Coming soon.

And anybody could use any locked door just having a random key made by themselves? Or are they player/lock exclusives?
This is cool, but a bit confusing.
Otherwise nice cool little mechanic :cool:
And the keys...? We would need a key pocket or it would drive me crazy :D

And anybody could use any locked door just having a random key made by themselves? Or are they player/lock exclusives?
This is cool, but a bit confusing.
Otherwise nice cool little mechanic :cool:
And the keys...? We would need a key pocket or it would drive me crazy :D
You can have 999 unique door keys of each material in a world. Different materials (yes there is more coming soon) will each get their own 999, and each new mold will have a number (eg. Copper Key Mold 125). To make a door use a certain key, craft the locked door with the key you want to use. Another new item is a Keyring (bought from the Travelling Merchant for 50 silver), which is like the Piggy Bank, Safe and Defender's Forge except that it can only hold keys (note that Golden, Temple and Biome keys do not stack on a Keyring)

Last edited:
You can have 999 unique door keys of each material in a world. Different materials (yes there is more coming soon) will each get their own 999, and each new mold will have a number (eg. Copper Key Mold 125). To make a door use a certain key, craft the locked door with the key you want to use. Another new item is a Keyring (bought from the Travelling Merchant for 50 silver), which is like the Piggy Bank, Safe and Defender's Forge except that it can only hold keys (note that Golden, Temple and Biome keys do not stack on a Keyring)

I though about the already in game keys the same way of you, they are other kind of keys after all. I think 999 numered keys of just one material would be a pain to crafting purposes and their respective locks/molds, but I like the idea. Maybe the developers would do it if it is less complex, I dont know.
Nice touch the keyring.

Back
Top Bottom