Some of my deep thoughts

Sarrih

Terrarian
Hey, haven't been on the forum for a while.

I just want to share some of my deep thoughts. That's not much, you probably heard about them somewhere else... But for me it's different. What I'll say truly come from my deep thoughts and is becoming part of me, I don't share it because I heard it somewhere but because it comes from me. I know it does. And I also want them to become part of some of you. They make me feel better, and I know they can make anyone feel better. Even if you already heard about them, a reminder doesn't hurt.

All of these thoughts came to me when I was focused, sometimes. I'm not meditating yet but sometimes I give myself time to think and focus on things. And interesting thougts come into my head, and become part of me.

I also discovered something quite awesome while focusing on it, for those who are scared of dark or creepy figures that-doesn't-exist but still scare you when you're alone, or in the dark...

Last thing, I sharing these thoughts will make me seem a bit pretentious... but honestly, I don't want respect or anything like that. I just want things to go better for anyone. I just hope what I'll say will help/enlight some. Maybe reading these will answer questions for you, like it did for me. Anyway...

Don't live each day as if it was the last one. You can't do it.

Live each day as if it was the first one, and get amazed by things you got used to.
We often forget to enjoy what we used to love. I'm sure you thought about something or someone when you read that.
There are also things we don't even remember loving, like the sunlight. The birds singing. Simple things, really, but yet beautiful.

Life isn't to be pursued.
Life isn't to be left behind.
Life is to be lived.
Classical. We all heard that somewhere in a way. We all know it's important. Yet, none of us applies that. We always stress about our futures, we always regret things when they seemed better. But the best thing we have is the present.

However, life isn't about standing still. It's about going somewhere. You're always moving.
Your objective is often to find a destination.
You're wrong. There's no destination, you're always moving, until you die.
The only thing you can chose is a direction. And the best thing you can do is enjoying your journey. Because that's what life is, a travel.
There will always be things that will be with you in your travels. Your friends, for exemple... Just don't forget to enjoy what or who is with you in your journey, and to enjoy what the travel gives you.
You never know what expects you on the way you're walking on. Maybe something that'll make you change direction. You'll either want to do so or be forced to do so. If you're forced to change direction, and still want to walk in the previous direction... Then you'll have to possibility to do so later. Life isn't about getting what we want but enjoying what we have. Ironically the harder to do is enjoying what we have, because it's against our own instict. Our animal instinct always make us want to get more, to fulfill our objective. It's easier to follow it than to counter it all the time... But it won't give you more happiness.

Now, the thing I found about beating what-scares-us-but-doesn't-exist. I'm often scared of the dark or creepy figures. Seeing one creepy picture can make me really scared of the dark for weeks... But I found something quite of useful, which require focusing.
The thing that scares you doesn't exist. It comes from you. You're scaring yourself, that's what you must focus on!
Let's compare that to tickles. When you try to tickle yourself, you can't. You know it's from you and therefore it doesn't work. You don't have to focus on that, our nerves do the job.
It's the same thing when you're scared on something that comes from your thoughts. You're tickling yourself, but don't realize it! Your brain won't do the job automatically as your nerves do when you're tickling yourself. You must realize by focusing that what scares you comes from you. You must admit that it's part of you. You must admit that it's you.
What scares you is you. That creepy figure coming right out of your imagination, is just you! And it won't hurt you, it won't scare you because it's you. That's what you must focus on. "What scares me is me."

That's pretty much all... Many of these deep thoughts come into my head these times. And help me answer a lot of questions, help me feel better. I hope I gave you something. :)

Im having a bit of a bad day / next morning. Its 05:15 where I am and that was a good read. Wish I had read that a few hours ago. Would have slept better. I agree with your thoughts and think these things. A way that I put it is "our destination is the journey" same as any video game. We dont play a game to finish it, we play a game to getenjoyment from playing a game.

Night

Back
Top Bottom