Console Some questions for Console Terrarians

As long as they add item frames so that console worlds can virtually hold any item, i will be happy, no more chest filled rooms haha

I'm not looking forward to the controls. The console has AMAZING controller controls that make the entire game fun and easy.

i know what you mean, i love the controls, i prefer having the alternate jump controls, though... with L1 as my jump, and L3 as the grappling hook... but they DO have a remap option, so i think we can still change the controls to work the way they usually do, so we shouldn't have to deal with any odd controls, if we don't want to.

anyway, as for me...

1. i will miss the console UI, i've gotten so used to it, and i LOVE our map, it's always been so helpful... it's funny, while the PC version went from no map, to having a map... we're going from an AMAZING map, to a downgraded map, so that is going to take a lot of getting used to.

2. i am looking forward to everything, as much as i'll miss the old stuff, i am excited for all the new stuff, as well... but if i have to mention something specifically, i guess it'll be the fact that the NPCs will feel more alive... now when i make a town, it'll actually feel like one, and i won't be the only one defending it.

3. i highly doubt they're going to add anything that isn't in the PC version, other than us keeping a few console items as legacy/vanity items... honestly, i don't think i really care about having anything the PC version doesn't have, i just want everyone to be equal and the game to be easier to update so the gap is significantly smaller, if not non-existent.

Last edited:
I'll throw my two cents in why not?

1. I'll miss the Gravity Globe. The only unobtainable that likely won't survive the recode and I very much like having it around when building.

2. Bubbles. I want bubbles. I want them with honey and I want them with lava. Most of all, I want to spend way too much platinum on bubbles.

3. I'm excited to see what ocram could bring to expert mode. Or get a good laugh at what they rename the portal gun to.
The Gravity Globe will be in the game still, but dropped by The MoonLord.

I miss the old controls- I cannot figure out the control buttons on this update and when I tried to switch controls I had a hard time with the option menu because I think the Highlight over the selected item should be brighter, And i also never cared about the PC-like Items menu because I assume that without a mouse control it just complicates the already confused controls. I gave up trying to fix it.

edit: I do like some of the updates on graphics I have seen though- I would just like a fix for the menus and controls.

Last edited:
1. What will you miss about 1.2 - 1.2.4?
The Console Exclusive armors

2. What will you love about 1.3? Everything is really pretty and the blood moon is much improved. Also, a bunch of new things i wasnt expecting but greatly appreciate, like the extra uses for cobwebs and the dyes with special effects

3. What do you hope Pipeworks will add that is not a in-game feature of the PC?

I wish for corruption-esque themed mobs for the blood moon. Or just some similar event, but for corruption worlds, as i am in a crimson world and it really feels like the crimson had leaked a bit while the blood moon was active... Perhaps a corrupted moon or something?

Back
Top Bottom