Wii U Some Stylist Uncertainty!

Hong Meiling

Terrarian
So I've been playing the WiiU Terraria in 4-player co-op with some friends pretty avidly since it launched digitally in EU, and we're all having a blast with it, but one thing seems to be eluding me in the many-hours worth of gameplay we've put in so far.

For hours upon hours of searching, both solo and in multiplayer, between various spider biomes and with various suggested techniques to find her, I can't find the stylist at all? I was starting to wonder if she was even in this version, and extensive searching online can't seem to answer this, I can't find any solid information that indicates if anyone's even found her, I suppose since it just launched and all.

Now this might be entirely down to sheer bad luck, but from all my worlds on the PC version having found her almost instantly whenever finding a spider biome, I'm starting to find this a little odd. I'll highlight all the methods I've rinsed and repeated to try and get her to spawn, just to really make sure there isn't anything I've missed.

• I've searched three different, large spider biomes as they were, dozens of times, both with and without candles placed in the biomes to keep them lit, making sure to move the biomes off screen by a fair distance to allow her space and time to spawn.
  • I've used hunter potions to make sure I can track her down even if she spawns just outside of the biome or in a dark area.
  • I built a long tunnel between two spider biomes that was atleast 80+ blocks in length, travelling between the two seamlessly.
  • I've used water candles, both holding, and placing them in order to really try and boost up that spawn rate, tried placing the candles inside and just outside the biome.
  • I've tried my search both in solo mode and multiplayer on the same world, sometimes with three players moving in and out of each biome in co-op, but my most extensive time searching was in solo (since I couldn't keep my friends looking for her for too long!)
  • Last and most importantly, I have a lot of free housing, there's no reason she shouldn't spawn.
I like to think I've been very thorough and haven't missed any requirements. I'm currently up to the dungeon in terms of progression (Just beat Skeletron) but I've found the Mechanic, Goblin, Angler, Party Girl, Clothier, Witchdoctor, etc, with no issues at all. Any help/advice would be super appreciated! Or any information about this particular version of the game would also be appreciated. I noticed the full Queen Bee armour set is there, and plenty of other features that put it on level with the newest update on the PS3/PS4 version, though some features like naming chests seem to be missing, but I can't seem to find any information about the version anywhere either.

Sorry for the lengthy wall of text! But I'm sure you've seen worse, wanted to make sure all grounds were covered so I didn't just get replies asking "Do you even have enough housing?" As far as I know/have researched there aren't any other requirements to find the Stylist. Making this post has been somewhat of a last resort. Thanks!

I have found the stylist on my PS4 and PS Vita, judging by the fact you can't name chests, it seems you don't have the latest version, because the stylist was added in the update that added chest naming, have you tried connecting your Wii U to the internet and checking for update? I'm on PS4 and PS Vita, so I don't know anything about Wii U.

Yeah, it's always hooked up online, so updates would have downloaded by now. I'll check it steadily, but considering the stylist is even in the 3DS version, I was fairly certain she would be in the WiiU version too. From the looks of it, the WiiU version has several things from the newest console update, but not everything? That's what I'm discerning at the moment, but I can't be sure.

All I really need is clarification on what is and isn't in the WiiU version at this point in time, of which information continues to elude me. Thanks for your input though!

I hope a bump here is alright--I'm still seeking an answer on this one, whether the stylist is even in the WiiU version yet or not! Any answers would be appreciated!

I wouldn't usually bump but it's been ten days since the last post.

I found out that the Wii U update is still pending (The wiki says that, can't be sure), Sorry to tell you that, but please wait just a bit more.

As far as I know, here is all the official information we've got for Wii U:

Wii U:
The disc version will release on June 26th in Europe and June 28th for North America. The eShop digital version will release on June 16th. There will be a day 1 patch for both versions, of approximately 50mb. Not massive, but just a heads up. At launch, the Wii U version will be *slightly* behind the other console versions (it doesn’t have all of the content that’s added in the June patch on the other platforms) but we plan to issue a ‘catch-up’ patch in due course.

Source: http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...ws-windows-phone-fix-incoming-and-more.44431/ , topic from 1st of June.

Sorry, but has Terraria Wii U had an update since the last post? Me and a friend bought the game about 3 days ago and we spent pretty much all of today getting ruined by Black Recluses trying to find the Stylist.

Stylist is in the next update, which is currently with Nintendo for certification. We'll make an announcement on release date soon, but expect it to be at least another couple of weeks.

Back
Top Bottom