Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
While playing in 1.4 a couple of days ago, I zoomed in to see the windy day effects in action on a sakura tree, when I noticed that the top of it was offset by half a pixel (technically just one pixel, considering the fact that all visible pixels in game are two times larger than the resolution they are set to) I brushed it off and concluded that it was probably just a side-effect of the windy day, so I went on. Later, when there wasn't a windy day event, I noticed that the top of a yellow willow tree was ALSO offset by half a pixel. I then decided to see if any other trees had the effect, and to my surprise, the answer was yes. Jungle trees, both underground and above ground, are affected by this glaring issue. It's more of a personal pet-peeve than anything, but it'd be nice to see a fix. As far as I know, this is an issue with the sprites themselves being too big to fit in the right position, so they were just pushed to the left a tad. Here is an image of the trees that are affected that I know of:
Tree-tops.png

Here's one with the tops highlighted to make it easier to see:
Tree-tops-highlighted.png

All treetops that are wider than the standard 246 x 82 Tree_Tops sprites are in fact affected by this issue. Here are all of the Tree Tops that are affected by this issue:
Tree_Tops_2
Tree_Tops_2.png
Tree_Tops_3
Tree_Tops_3.png
Tree_Tops_11
Tree_Tops_11.png
Tree_Tops_13
Tree_Tops_13.png
Tree_Tops_19
Tree_Tops_19.png
Tree_Tops_20
Tree_Tops_20.png
Tree_Tops_22
Tree_Tops_22.png
Tree_Tops_23
Tree_Tops_23.png
Tree_Tops_24
Tree_Tops_24.png
Tree_Tops_25
Tree_Tops_25.png
Tree_Tops_26
Tree_Tops_26.png
Tree_Tops_27
Tree_Tops_27.png
Tree_Tops_28
Tree_Tops_28.png
Tree_Tops_29
Tree_Tops_29.png
Tree_Tops_30
Tree_Tops_30.png
Hope this helps you guys fix it! :)

Last edited:
i also saw this when i was watching chippy play the game. although the top was slightly higher than the rest of the tree, but when i play i dont see that

Added the following info to be added to the report:
All treetops that are wider than the standard 246 x 82 Tree_Tops sprites are in fact affected by this issue. Here are all of the Tree Tops that are affected by this issue:
Tree_Tops_2
Tree_Tops_2.png
Tree_Tops_3
Tree_Tops_3.png
Tree_Tops_11
Tree_Tops_11.png
Tree_Tops_13
Tree_Tops_13.png
Tree_Tops_19
Tree_Tops_19.png
Tree_Tops_20
Tree_Tops_20.png
Tree_Tops_22
Tree_Tops_22.png
Tree_Tops_23
Tree_Tops_23.png
Tree_Tops_24
Tree_Tops_24.png
Tree_Tops_25
Tree_Tops_25.png
Tree_Tops_26
Tree_Tops_26.png
Tree_Tops_27
Tree_Tops_27.png
Tree_Tops_28
Tree_Tops_28.png
Tree_Tops_29
Tree_Tops_29.png
Tree_Tops_30
Tree_Tops_30.png

Last edited:
Actually, I think this may have been a long-standing issue, I'll have to check back on 1.3.5 to see. Obviously it could also be due to the fact that tree tops now count as tile entities so that they can sway in the wind, but there's always a chance.
EDIT: Seems like this is not the case in 1.3.5 and the issue is only present in 1.4, so one can assume that it is derived from the fact that treetops are now tile entities in order to sway in the wind.
Added the following info to be added to the report:
Tree_Tops_2
Tree_Tops_2.png
Tree_Tops_3
Tree_Tops_3.png
Tree_Tops_11
Tree_Tops_11.png
Tree_Tops_13
Tree_Tops_13.png
Tree_Tops_19
Tree_Tops_19.png
Tree_Tops_20
Tree_Tops_20.png
Tree_Tops_22
Tree_Tops_22.png
Tree_Tops_23
Tree_Tops_23.png
Tree_Tops_24
Tree_Tops_24.png
Tree_Tops_25
Tree_Tops_25.png
Tree_Tops_26
Tree_Tops_26.png
Tree_Tops_27
Tree_Tops_27.png
Tree_Tops_28
Tree_Tops_28.png
Tree_Tops_29
Tree_Tops_29.png
Tree_Tops_30
Tree_Tops_30.png

Last edited:
While playing in 1.4 a couple of days ago, I zoomed in to see the windy day effects in action on a sakura tree, when I noticed that the top of it was offset by half a pixel (technically just one pixel, considering the fact that all visible pixels in game are two times larger than the resolution they are set to) I brushed it off and concluded that it was probably just a side-effect of the windy day, so I went on. Later, when there wasn't a windy day event, I noticed that the top of a yellow willow tree was ALSO offset by half a pixel. I then decided to see if any other trees had the effect, and to my surprise, the answer was yes. Jungle trees, both underground and above ground, are affected by this glaring issue. It's more of a personal pet-peeve than anything, but it'd be nice to see a fix. As far as I know, this is an issue with the sprites themselves being too big to fit in the right position, so they were just pushed to the left a tad. Here is an image of the trees that are affected that I know of:View attachment 273118
Here's one with the tops highlighted to make it easier to see:
View attachment 273119

Tree_Tops_2
View attachment 277039
Tree_Tops_3
View attachment 277036
Tree_Tops_11
Tree_Tops_11.png
Tree_Tops_13
Tree_Tops_13.png
Tree_Tops_19
View attachment 277037
Tree_Tops_20
View attachment 277038