Console Something i have a problem with

It's not fair how PC gets special treatment and gets 1.4 early while us console players have to sit here twiddling our thumbs in wait of this update. Meanwhile PC gamers are having a blast with the new update.

relogic does not work on the console ports of terraria they never have and never will. That job is currently done by pipeworks, they do not own the game and only port it to other platforms. terraria gets new stuff from is developers relogic who mostly develop PC games and could have never made the choice to get it ported to consoles. so please be patient while pipeworks gets to porting 1.4 content to all other platforms -OR- buy a PC. Terraria is not all that resource intensive as other modern games and you get access to many other features for terraria that can only be done on a PC

Last edited:
You have to remember that pipeworks has other games to work on. But I will also say that you don't have to wait 3 more years. For 1.3 pipeworks had to remake the whole game. They're not doing that for 1.4 We can expect the update in at least a year

relogic does not work on the console ports of terraria they never have and never will. That job is currently done by pipeworks, they do not own the game and only port it to other platforms. terraria gets new stuff from is developers relogic who mostly develop PC games and could have never made the choice to get it ported to consoles. so please be patient while pipeworks gets to porting 1.4 content to all other platforms -OR- buy a PC. Terraria is not all that resource intensive as other modern games and you get access to many other features for terraria that can only be done on a PC

i'm assuming you meant re-logic couldn't have ported it themselves, but your choice of wording makes it sound like you're saying re-logic had no role in it getting ported, and infact didn't even have a choice in the matter.

which clearly makes no sense.

also, i do wish people would stop telling console gamers to "play on PC".

that is not a solution, and it just further adds to that certain reputation that PC gamers tend to earn for themselves.

i'm assuming you meant re-logic couldn't have ported it themselves, but your choice of wording makes it sound like you're saying re-logic had no role in it getting ported, and infact didn't even have a choice in the matter.

which clearly makes no sense.

also, i do wish people would stop telling console gamers to "play on PC".

that is not a solution, and it just further adds to that certain reputation that PC gamers tend to earn for themselves.
thanks for the critisim.
re-logic does in fact have some control over the ports. It is just that they themselves to not directly port it as that is pipeworks job given to them by re-logic

as for the other thing. If someone asked me if they should play terraria on PC or an alternate device. I would suggest PC above all as that is the version I had the most fun with overall

thanks for the critisim.
re-logic does in fact have some control over the ports. It is just that they themselves to not directly port it as that is pipeworks job given to them by re-logic

as for the other thing. If someone asked me if they should play terraria on PC or an alternate device. I would suggest PC above all as that is the version I had the most fun with overall

and i'm just saying, console is the platform a lot of other people have the most fun on.

just because more is possible on another platform, doesn't mean someone would like that platform better.

for my own reasons, i despise playing on PC... and i'd honestly probably give up gaming altogether than ever do so, which is saying a lot, cause i've been gaming since the atari days.

suggestions are one thing, but pushing one platform as "superior" is just wrong.

They can't release 1.4 at the same time on every platform, since there are different teams working on each version of the game (Re-Logic for PC, Pipeworks Studio for Consoles, and DR Studio for Mobile).

If you take a look at almost every indie game company that has a different team for each version of the game, you'll notice the same thing : It's impossible to release updates at the same time. Stardew Valley is in the same boat. Don't Starve too, etc...

It takes time to port updates to Consoles and Mobile, that's a fact. They can't just "release at the same time on every platform".

1.4 will come to Consoles, don't worry. And it won't take 3 years, because they don't have to rewrite the game code from scratch (which is what they did with 1.3).

It will come eventually, no worries. :)

Back
Top Bottom