Biomes & Nature Something went wrong...

HeroGabe

Golem
So, it is a corruption world... and you beat the WOF, but instead of seeing "The spirits of light and dark have been released!" message, you saw THIS: "Something went wrong with the world!" Ultimately, this had a turn of events.

The jungle is spreading slowly, and can still be corrupted, though slower than the jungle can spread itself. The hallow was not released. Ultimately, this has a 5% chance of happening. There is one final thing that is clear... the jungle wants revenge on your first raid of the dungeon... ultimately, here is what makes the hallowed stuff avalible

Thornblade - Somehow similar to crystals, only grows if there is no hallow in the world
Overgrown Shards - Containing the essence of light... only drops from enemies in the Jungle when there is no hallow in the world.
Waterboil - The plant doesn't belong that much in the jungle, though it vibrates with energy... like it is trying to teleport to it's habitat. (is hallow pink, for some reason)

Last edited:
So it just takes over the world, now what?
You can't advance because crucial things are found in the hallow that cannot be found anywhere else.
Agreed. You'd have to have a better recipe for Greater Healing Potions and Super Mana Potions. But I can't think of anything else that you would need.

My other complaint is that HM Jungle monsters are way too hard to fight early on.

If you're going to do this, you need to give the hallow counterpart (items, enemies, biome, etc.), even if there is 5% chance of it happening. You should do further research before posting, don't just suddenly come up with an idea and then post a thread here. You need to think first. Therefore I don't support this.

Is there a rule against people making suggestions that they explicitly state that they will not update the suggestion, since most of them will need horrible tweaking or a complete overhaul? If so , then this would be a certain contender. Unless the Jungle starts spawning enemies that will drops all of the Hallow's normal drops, then this brings progression on a world to a grinding halt, and all the work on that world is essentially pointless.

If you don't have Hallow, then you can't get Teleportation, Lifeforce, or Love Potions, Light Shards (So, by extension, no Dao of Pow), Hallowed Key Molds (no Rainbow Gun), Souls of Light (So, no summoning of Skeletron Prime or the Twins, Light Disks, Neptune's Shell, Fairy Bell, Crystal Storm, or Rainbow Rod), and no Crystal Shards (No top tier Health or Mana potions, Crystal Bullets, Magical Harps, or Phasesabers). There's a lot more, but I think that this already proves my point significantly. You can't just post an idea because you think about it once, and think that it might be cool. You need to balance it, and make it so that the world will still be usable with the change.

Well, I will be updating it.

It originally wasn't supposed to be too much of a suggestion, but all of these problems make it so that I will have to update the suggestion.

I will add new foes/ways to obtain different things that might not be possible without the hallow. (this means new recipes as well)
I will make the jungle spread slowly before the fall of Plantera.
Overgrown Mechanical Bosses/Overgrown Mechanical Items will exist. Makes more sense if the hallow doesn't exist.\

More things updating.
[DOUBLEPOST=1430165778,1430165237][/DOUBLEPOST]Not finished... though I check this once in a while.

This is improving a bit.

I haven't the slightest idea of what you are suggesting here or why, but it doesn't seem like it will lead anywhere desirable.

You're tampering with forces that ought not be tampered with. Anything that sets a world on a different course than it already does from Hardmode on is not a good course to go on at all. I can't honestly see any good coming from an alternate Hardmode where "something went wrong."

I believe this to be a great concept, but poorly thought out and executed. I wouldn't mind a world gone wrong just for the sake of saying I have one.

Ultimately, this would best be a hallowed alt. instead of using the jungle.

Back
Top Bottom